AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-09-20 21:27

Plutone review is here:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
And Geminass add-ons:

Kamijou Touma IB 2020-09-22 18:20

I got a RG Crossbones Gundam for $20 and I need advice on nippers. I have a rx-78 I started but it looks terrible, because I do not have nippers. I bought a cheap crossbones to use as a test bed for them.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-09-22 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamijou Touma IB (Post 6439302)
I got a RG Crossbones Gundam for $20 and I need advice on nippers. I have a rx-78 I started but it looks terrible, because I do not have nippers. I bought a cheap crossbones to use as a test bed for them.

These might be of help to you:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Drake 2020-09-23 10:20

A little sneak peak of what I've been working on.

It's the first gundam I've worked on in about 6-7 years and the first that I've actually taken the time to panel line and properly decal. Coming along, just waiting on some grey panel liners to arrive so that I can finish up the white armor sections.

Kamijou Touma IB 2020-09-23 17:36

https://www.amazon.com/GodHand-Keror...d-games&sr=1-3

These looks pretty good. any opinions.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-09-25 23:47

^ Yes, that one is quite good.

Oh, golden Re:Rising Gundam is here:

Drake 2020-09-29 12:06

Annnnd finished.

https://i.imgur.com/Kz0qq9a.jpg

Awesome fun to build this guy, and I really love how low key the decals are. Nothing too mad, though I didn't quite go for an anime accurate look. I'm eyeing up the extra forms add-on kit, if it ever actually ends up instock anywhere accessible...

justavisitor 2020-10-03 08:26

That barbatos looks so amazing....always wonder whether barbatos can stand well. I have a hg Grimgerde at home...it's great but I really wonder the designer of Grimgerde in the IBO universe ever gave a deep thought about making the suit to be able to stand firm on the ground :D

I have a question about old kits....I am thinking of buying a hg the o from a store. but I checked and bandai released the kit back in 2002. I know that bandai probably reproduces those kits every now and then. What is the chance of me seeing a kit that was really produced in 2002 and has been waiting for his master in the last 18 years?

My second question is, if I buy a first hand kit that was really produced in 2002 (and it's "new" and hasn't been unboxed, so every piece is still being sealed in a plastic bag). What can I expect from the quality? For example, will the plastic become so brittle and easy to break due to time? I don't mind the look or moveable range. I am just talking about whether the quality will decay due to time. It will probably, but how serious it will be?

Thanks in advance

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-10-03 09:11

Damn, this new season of anime is pretty intense that it made me forget about the Gundam stuffs.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake (Post 6440399)
Annnnd finished.

https://i.imgur.com/Kz0qq9a.jpg

Awesome fun to build this guy, and I really love how low key the decals are. Nothing too mad, though I didn't quite go for an anime accurate look. I'm eyeing up the extra forms add-on kit, if it ever actually ends up instock anywhere accessible...

Very nice build there, Drake. Great detailing too. It's a joy staring at your work-photos. Whenever someone post their works here, it always put a smile on my face ;). Keep at it.

Also, about the add-on kits. If I were to get one, I'd probably put on the space configurations coz we can't get it properly anywhere else in 1/100 scale without masking & painting parts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 6441091)
I have a question about old kits....I am thinking of buying a hg the o from a store. but I checked and bandai released the kit back in 2002. I know that bandai probably reproduces those kits every now and then. What is the chance of me seeing a kit that was really produced in 2002 and has been waiting for his master in the last 18 years?

Don't worry, Bandai will keep reprinting those kits, especially a line as popular as the HGUC. All you have to do is to wait & keep an eye on their releases.

But the chance of you getting an actual first-release old kit can be really slim depending on gunpla sales/availability in your region. For me, five years ago, I came across a gunpla sales inside a mall. They sell dozens of old Gelgoog MGs. I didn't grab them coz I really had no interest on those old Gelgoog MGs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justavisitor (Post 6441091)
My second question is, if I buy a first hand kit that was really produced in 2002 (and it's "new" and hasn't been unboxed, so every piece is still being sealed in a plastic bag). What can I expect from the quality? For example, will the plastic become so brittle and easy to break due to time? I don't mind the look or moveable range. I am just talking about whether the quality will decay due to time. It will probably, but how serious it will be?

I have bought & built old kits like the original MG Alex & MG God. Both of them are of great quality when it comes to aging. Even the rubber parts of my Alex' shoulders still looks & feel good today. Five years ago, I actually bought another old kit. It was MG Super Gundam (Gundam MK.II + G-Defensor) from the Zeta show. I haven't built it yet, but I've checked the runners and everything feels great. Even the cloth materials for MK.II's cables still feel good. Just don't treat those old kits harshly.

One warning: the rub-transfer decals of the old MGs are very easy to be scraped off. If you want your decals to keep sticking, spray some coat after you apply them on your kits.

justavisitor 2020-10-03 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 6441095)

Don't worry, Bandai will keep reprinting those kits, especially a line as popular as the HGUC. All you have to do is to wait & keep an eye on their releases.

Thanks for the answer!! Good to know. So the one I see in the store is probably not really from 2002 :heh:. And even if it is, like you said, it is probably in good condition.

Too bad bandai doesn't really do hg revive anymore. And even if they do, it's p-bandai (looking at you, rick dias)

Drake 2020-10-06 17:18

Thanks guys! The MG Barbatos is actually pretty stable, and can even hold a the mace is a host of poses without an action base. Its genuinely the best MG I've ever built, proper wowed by it.

That said I now have this on my table...

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-10-07 02:12

It's here, boys.
More PV

LoweGear 2020-10-08 04:43

The official English version of the above PV's:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-10-13 00:42

And Bandai keep making us drool:

It's fitting that they use Tobia's voice to promote this Crossbone beast. It's also a bitter reminder that we still need that Crossbone anime :T_T:.

Bonta Kun 2020-10-15 10:47

Need for a PGU sinanju intensifies!!!

RRW 2020-10-16 14:13

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status...20052596535299

I am not surprised is bandai making MG and PG Fumino in the future

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-10-16 17:26

^ Nah, they released Figurise Standard Fumina coz they already successfully experimented with the Standard Ayame & the Mobile Dolls. I'll be perfectly happy if Bandai can now release every Gundam girl as Figurise Standard. However, the Standard line is not really good for lewdy stuffs coz those articulation joints kinda ruin the sexy aspects of the character (just look at all those Megami Device kits).

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread) At 11:25 mark, Bandai gives you some parts to turn Ayame into a Super Saiyan :heh:.

If you want to own some sexy Gundam girls, might as well buy the GGG-line or Figurise Labo.

Maybe I can get Murrue Ramius as a Standard later on. We don't get many figures of her.

Drake 2020-10-17 13:47

I'm definitely down for that PGU RX78, I'm itching for something super complex. Hopefully it'll actually readily available when it releases.

Speaking of complex. This chap is coming along fairly quickly.

https://i.imgur.com/RaHp18M.jpg

Finding the water decals fairly tricky, as seem to fall off at the lightest touch. I'll just have to be careful and give it a clear coat or something at the end. Wonder what I'll pickup after this is done, eyeing up either the Double ZZ ver.ka or the more recent S-Gundam but i hear the build of it is a bit old school (aka a nightmare).

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2020-10-18 06:34

^ Oh my, you did the kit justice right there. How do you feel about the trash-bag plastic that you have to wrap around the joints? I personally prefer either the molded plastic like in the HG or the rubber materials that Bandai gave us with MG Alex 1.0. My Alex 1.0 is still looking good rocking that rubber joints after more than a decade.
https://forums.animesuki.com/picture...ictureid=40957
Also, I'm surprised to hear you said the water-slide decals can peel off easily. How can that be?

Oh yeah, here's a review of HGAW Daughtress:

justavisitor 2020-10-18 07:53

@Drake
man you should post more of those pics. Your build is just awesome!! I missed the like feature from animesuki (yes, we used to have them..It tells you how long I have been in here already XD)

If they continue to sell Gundam heroine, then lacus clyne will be soon? She was the most popular heroine from 00-10