AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   [3DS] Ace Attorney 6 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=137975)

SOGESNAKE 2015-09-01 12:01

[3DS] Ace Attorney 6

So... not only was Ace Attorney 6 announced, but it's already been confirmed for a western release.

I mean, still no word on whether Great Ace Attorney will be released in the west, but this is still great news... hopefully it's a physical release~ :D

Shadow5YA 2015-09-01 12:17

I bet Capcom NA couldn't find ways to pretend Great Ace Attorney took place in America so they didn't bother :heh:

AnimeFangirl 2015-09-01 14:06

I'll start getting excited once I've played Great Ace. This is too soon for me.

marvelB 2015-09-01 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 5637577)
I bet Capcom NA couldn't find ways to pretend Great Ace Attorney took place in America so they didn't bother :heh:

Which is rather ironic since AA6 is already shown to take place outside of the protagonist's home country right off the bat, heh. :heh:

I do hope that GAA is localized eventually, though.... I wouldn't even mind if they took their time with it like they did with Layton vs. AA. At least, don't leave it hanging in limbo like Investigations 2 (though that game eventually got a fan translation, at least).....

dniv 2015-09-02 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5637705)
Which is rather ironic since AA6 is already shown to take place outside of the protagonist's home country right off the bat, heh. :heh:

I do hope that GAA is localized eventually, though.... I wouldn't even mind if they took their time with it like they did with Layton vs. AA. At least, don't leave it hanging in limbo like Investigations 2 (though that game eventually got a fan translation, at least).....

It'd be nice to get a fan translation for it... or rather a real translation for it since everyone is saying that it is such an amazing game.

But to be fair, I'm still far more hyped for AA 6 especially since it has even been confirmed to release in the West. What I am most curious about is the cast of main characters for this one. Are Phoenix or Edgeworth going to appear? Are we getting a new generation prosecutor rival that isn't Blackquill? Are we finally going to see MAYA!!! (lol). Do we get to see Trucy and Apollo kicking some major ass and getting their plot thread finally touched and maybe even resolved? Athena also probably has way more backstory to her as well as Juniper and some of the other characters from Investigations II. I want Kay in the main story....... though I suppose that it's unlikely.

I'm really curious also about the content for the new game. I'm so excited, it's almost crazy lol. At least I have lots of stuff to look forward too in the meantime... or else I absolutely would be unable to wait for this. :eyespin:

Von Himmel 2015-09-02 02:21

http://gematsu.com/2015/09/ace-attor...oom-revolution

Y-yeah that's totally in America there Phoenix. They probably going to wing it like it's some sort of special venue or Chinatown while still being in America to explain it :heh: The number 6 looks like Magatama too, so maybe it'll have another focus in this game? Hopefully it will since I miss using that thing :heh:

marvelB 2015-09-02 10:47

I wonder if "courtroom revolution" means that they'll actually implement a jury system this time around? I always did find it a bit odd that Nick spent the better part of AJ reviving one only for it to vanish in the next game, anyway. I mean, a jury could add loads of potential for turnabout drama! :heh:

dniv 2015-09-02 17:10

I'm assuming court-room revolution doesn't have to do with the jury system... Rather...

Phoenix Wright hasn't really faced any rival Defense Attorneys... has he or gone against the whole court system before? His fights against Kristoph and Damon Gant both don't count... because both of those things happened on Phoenix's home turf where he has friends and allies who have at least some influence on the local scene. That's why they're saying that he needs to go somewhere without any old friends that have power or influence and this time just with enemies (and maybe Maya or Pearls). They probably got the idea from how Ryunosuke had to go to England all by himself and make his own connections on the spot to survive (I haven't played the game, but I've figured out at least that much from the game reviews that don't spoil). And I'm pretty sure that from what they're saying the court system will be as corrupt as the court system in AA Investigations 2 or maybe even more so (I really hope that this will be true). Furthermore, this game is going to have a lot of spirit stuff, which should also be cool. I'm personally guessing that Court Revolution implies that Phoenix is going to be doing to the court system what Edgeworth did with Kay and Gummy in AAI2. After all, even Apollo Justice didn't really have Phoenix Wright against a challenge with no allies on his end. I'm hoping that AA6 does to Phoenix what AAI2 did to Edgeworth. After all, if we think carefully, in Dual Destinies, Phoenix didn't grow up or mature. He acted the same way in order to overcome the problem at that point in time. His real character changing moment hasn't come yet. AA4 didn't solidify him completely changing his ways. I'm expecting that in this game, and I'm super hyped for it. At the same time, I'm expecting Phoenix to remove all of the corruption from the courts in the country that they are visiting. This is also going to be fun because this is the first main game in which Phoenix has actually left the country to be a defense attorney. Only Edgeworth has had that experience before in both of the investigations games. Though, the difference is that Edgeworth had the help of interpol to do so. Phoenix may not have any major outside help... I just want to see Phoenix being a badass this game along with the others. :eyespin:

That cover art just looks super cool, and I'm hoping Maya and/or Pearl have a big role in this one. :heh:

I'm so hyped for this one. I can't even believe it. :eyespin: I'm almost as hyped for this as I am for DQ 11 and that's saying something...

SOGESNAKE 2015-09-18 14:59

This... Seems like the perfect game for Maya's return... :heh:

Freeter 2015-09-18 16:06

They literally spell out Kurain in the trailer. The only way they could be any more blatant would be a cutscene of Phoenix eating burgers with purple wrappings :p

dniv 2015-09-18 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE (Post 5652346)

This... Seems like the perfect game for Maya's return... :heh:

Okay, this is the best sh*t. I'm probably definitely going to like this even more than Dual Destinities. Look at that Badass Phoenix Awesomeness. More Phoenix is always what I want. :eyespin:

I see a little bit of what they mean by challenging the system of the courts... :eyespin:

Also, it's freaking called Kurain country... lol. If that's no indication for things to get interesting, then I don't know what the heck is. The mechanic they're developing for this game based off of the whole spirit channeling or insight thing seems super cool just from a cursory look. This game really does look pretty awesome. God, all this did is make me really hyped. :( :eyespin:

charles88 2015-09-19 00:02

APOLLO JUSTICE RETURN !!! AS WELL AS JUNIPER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=133&v=_fp_phcUzlg

MeoTwister5 2015-09-19 07:42

Are they finally going to do something about all that unresolved sexual tension between Phoenix and Edgeworth?

marvelB 2015-09-19 16:04

Honestly, despite the whole game's spirit medium theme and the flat-out Kurain references..... I STILL wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Capcom trolled us with the lack of Maya, lol. :heh:

Anyway, nice to see Apollo back. Just need confirmation of Athena now....

com_gwp 2015-09-20 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5653220)
Honestly, despite the whole game's spirit medium theme and the flat-out Kurain references..... I STILL wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Capcom trolled us with the lack of Maya, lol

Man don't jinx us. :heh: I'm hoping gumshoe makes a return as well.

Mahou 2015-09-20 01:27

My, that sounds interesting.
- Kurain Kingdom where trials are rather useless as attorneys (the profession itself) don't exist there :heh:
- Spirit Medium vision, the secret technique to recall the victim's last memories just before its death.
- The prosectutor is Kurain's princess shrine maiden herself. That sounds rightaway like a lot of bias in favor of her/Kurain's laws before the each trial may even start :rolleyes:

Phoenix' first apperances classic as aways "OBJECTION!" - "Who are you" - "Just a passing-by attorney"
Now I need just my Athena and everything's set!

Frontier 2015-09-20 09:40

Anyone else think the Kurain Shrine Maiden sounds like Saori Hayami?

Hiroi Sekai 2015-09-20 12:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frontier (Post 5653831)
Anyone else think the Kurain Shrine Maiden sounds like Saori Hayami?

I definitely hear distinct traces of it. :heh: It wouldn't be surprising as Hanazawa Kana got herself in The Great Ace Attorney and all.

Shadow5YA 2015-09-20 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 5653220)
Honestly, despite the whole game's spirit medium theme and the flat-out Kurain references..... I STILL wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Capcom trolled us with the lack of Maya, lol. :heh:

I'm more worried about Capcom of America telling us this takes place in Chinatown :heh:

blaze0041 2016-03-06 07:32

Guess who's back?

It looks like the release date for Japan has been locked in for June 9th.