AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Claymore (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Claymore Chapter 79 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66001)

NoSanninWa 2008-04-30 22:46

Claymore Chapter 79

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 79. It has been a long hard two months to wait since chapter 78 so I'm anticipating this chapter even more than usual... as I suspect you are also.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Chapter 80 will probably be released on June 4th, a month from now. That's the usual release date, so I''ll create the new chapter 80 thread a few days before that... as usual.

Fenrir_valindri 2008-04-30 22:49

Spoiler for Spoilers for 79:

I can't wait for the translated chapter. :heh:

tenken627 2008-04-30 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri (Post 1569421)
Spoiler for Spoilers for 79:

I can't wait for the translated chapter. :heh:

This chapter kills some of the theories we had, but it adds the potential for so much more to the Claymore world. It makes the brain spin. :eyespin:

Fenrir_valindri 2008-04-30 22:52

No kidding, I'm still trying to sort my thoughts over the stuff revealed in this chapter, and my brain is still going a mile a minute reviewing everything that has happened that led up to this.

The scary thing is it fits in alot of missing pieces. :twitch:

yezhanquan 2008-04-30 22:58

Been expecting something like this for a while. Expanding the world is a pretty good move.

germanturkey 2008-04-30 22:58

ahh! i wanna read the spoilers, but i won't. it'll only be a day or two before the translated version comes out. i can fill the time with studying. fun fun.

Ryuken 2008-04-30 22:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri (Post 1569432)
No kidding, I'm still trying to sort my thoughts over the stuff revealed in this chapter, and my brain is still going a mile a minute reviewing everything that has happened that led up to this.

The scary thing is it fits in alot of missing pieces. :twitch:

I know how you feel. Never saw this one coming.:twitch:

yezhanquan 2008-04-30 23:00

Now, we have another shadowy group on the other side of the world. Hope their leader's a girl.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuken (Post 1569449)
I know how you feel. Never saw this one coming.:twitch:

I saw it coming. But instead of expanding on the world, my theory went up to the skies for an answer.

Fenrir_valindri 2008-04-30 23:07

Well, I knew they would expand the world eventually, but this is still a far bigger leap then I expected. I knew that Miria's secret was big, but we never knew exactly how much she was aware of till now. :eyespin:

yogi6807 2008-04-30 23:08

Spoiler for clarice.
Spoiler for Clarice:

yezhanquan 2008-04-30 23:09

The conviction with which she (Miria) says it makes it seem as if she has gone to the other side to take a look herself. Anyway, it's good that there's another band of people around for more plotting.

If they take one look at Prisicilla and go, "Not bad... seeing that it came from you guys (the MIB)." and proceed to throw her around like a ragdoll, we have issues coming.

Cyclone 2008-04-30 23:12

Woohoo - finally no need to click on spoiler tags on each and every post!

I'm glad the Org is shaping up to be the final Boss instead of Pricilla. There's much more to hate with the organization than with her.

The thing that intrigues me most -- and I honestly do hate to bring this name into the first page already -- is where Teresa stood in the new power structure and just how much she knew. She obviously knew something - probably even most of it (hence the Org trying to dispose of her, rather than taking the hear no evil see no evil approach they took towards Ophelia). The fact she lied to her MiB in ES4 takes on a whole new significnce now.

I'm going to wait on at least the Japanese raw before starting to speculate in full though.

Wow though - that's even more of a bomb shell than I was hoping that Miria would drop. :)

Newhope 2008-04-30 23:12

Seems like the frist 79 chapters where just the prelude to the real story.

yezhanquan 2008-04-30 23:14

Well, the MIBs are working on their weapons. The other side must be working on theirs too.

Cyclone 2008-04-30 23:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 1569474)
If they take one look at Prisicilla and go, "Not bad... seeing that it came from you guys (the MIB)." and proceed to throw her around like a ragdoll, we have issues coming.

Heh - that would make Isley's "No one can stop Pricilla now" statement, quite a funny new addition to the "No, it cannot be - I am invincible!" last lines of fame. :D

Ryuken 2008-04-30 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 1569481)
Well, the MIBs are working on their weapons. The other side must be working on theirs too.

They are trying to cancel each other out, aren't they?:uhoh:

Fenrir_valindri 2008-04-30 23:19

The first 79 chapters aren't a prelude, they are the entire basis for the story, just because the world expanded doesn't mean that the previous chapters all of a sudden became obsolete.

Just like the Abyssal Ones didn't make Priscilla and Teresa obsolete.

-----

As for the other side, it is quite possible they are winning the war and don't feel the need to go past what they have, or don't have the means to.

But unless Miria knows more, it is unlikely we will find out specifics until the other side reveals itself in full force, or the Organization spills the beans when they get taken care of.

or maybe Riful's big plan has something to do with this revelation.

As I stated in another post. If Alicia/Beth are what the Organization considers what they need to deal with their problems, then Riful, Isley, and especially Priscilla are still major players, if not the biggest ones.

yezhanquan 2008-04-30 23:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryuken (Post 1569487)
They are trying to cancel each other out, aren't they?:uhoh:

Well, if Miria hadn't dig up the story, I think that might be the situation. When you have two juggernauts of power banging head-on, it seems a bit weird to leave one side standing =X.

The previous chapters were heavy on the action. Time to let the talking catch up.

Newhope 2008-04-30 23:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 1569481)

It all reminds me of the second world war 2 A-bomb race.

yezhanquan 2008-04-30 23:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhope (Post 1569495)
It all reminds me of the second world war 2 A-bomb race.

Well, as someone has pointed out, the other side may not be getting their own bomb yet. But, I seriously doubt it. To have the MIBs as a rival means that you leave nothing to chance.

I think what the other side has may be a match to Isley and Priscilla combined, but barely. They will fight to a stalemate, but no one's getting anywhere, unless someone else jumps in to spoil the show.