AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 602 (manga) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98588)

james0246 2010-10-27 01:10

One Piece - Chapter 602 (manga)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Somewhat disjointed, but here are the salient points…

Quote:

-Marines try to chase Luffy and company, only for Rayleigh to step in. Drawing a line in the ground, he dares anyone to step forward.

-The Strawhats come together. Brook arrives, makes a comment about Nami’s panties, and is promptly beaten. Sanji, upon seeing Nami and Robin, nearly dies from blood loss. And Luffy marvels at Franky’s new body. The entire crew has gathered together once again.

-Marine ships start attacking the Thousand Sunny. But suddenly to appear…is everyone. Hancock destroys some marines, claiming they were in her way (and Sanji gets a little hard just looking at her through binoculars); Herculesun makes a surprise appearance (using giant beetles as weapons), as do the Weatheria Professors (creating rain to block the marines), Chopper’s bird friend, Sanji’s Okama buddies, and even Perona makes an appearance (presumably, she is the one that led Zoro to the island). Presumably, Dragon’s men also show up…

-The Strawhats head to Fishman Island, where Luffy will meet up with Jinbei again…

Gin 2010-10-27 01:25

I hope Perona and Herculesun meet, that would make an awesome cover page mini story.

kiak666 2010-10-27 01:29

Spoiler for Regarding Perona:

morbosfist 2010-10-27 01:46

Epicness continues. What a send-off.

raziel16 2010-10-27 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by morbosfist (Post 3317071)
Epicness continues. What a send-off.

Yeah, that's why only "cannon fodders" marines are sent to capture the strawhats, so we can see them get obliterated

Freya 2010-10-27 02:08

HUrray for "cannon fodders" marines!

I guess this is where the real 2nd half of the story begins. Merman island here we come!!!!!

morbosfist 2010-10-27 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by raziel16 (Post 3317087)
Yeah, that's why only "cannon fodders" marines are sent to capture the strawhats, so we can see them get obliterated

Like half of those in attendance wouldn't kick the ass of Sentoumaru or Momonga if they tried something. All it means is they're leaving the big guns for the Straw Hats to beat up, as they rightfully should.

The Chaos 2010-10-27 03:53

so Hancock didn't see Nami or Robin yet ? :o

kiak666 2010-10-27 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chaos (Post 3317172)
so Hancock didn't see Nami or Robin yet ? :o

Spoiler for Regarding Hancock:

And the pictures are finally out. Perona's new outfit consists of a black lolita dress, a black hat, a black umbrella and a doll resembling Kumashi. It was also shown that her hair is now free flowing and there is a bat tattoo on her left arm.

FoxxFireArt 2010-10-27 05:17

I was more hoping to see some of the upgrades the Thousand Sunny got.

Well, it took long enough, but the crew is finally on the way to Fish-man Island. They have been on the way there since after Enies Lobby.

You know things can't be too well since Whitebeard died. He was the presence that kept things safe.

I'm hoping the chapter after this one will be a bit more tame. Something funny and lighthearted about the crew back together again. It will be nice to decompress after all the drama since they were separated.

Paraden1989 2010-10-27 07:05

I'm still waiting to see how Sanji reacts when he finds out that Boa loves Luffy!

shankss 2010-10-27 07:26

Let me see...Crew regroups and then mentors comes out of goddamn nowhere just because it looks cool like that.

One of the most boring chapters ever produced in manga history.

Homura7 2010-10-27 07:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankss (Post 3317319)
Let me see...Crew regroups and then mentors comes out of goddamn nowhere just because it looks cool like that.

One of the most boring chapters ever produced in manga history.

This post is laughable. Boring chapter you say? ROFL, what a pill of shit you just spoke.

Bonta Kun 2010-10-27 07:50

Oh

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/4...nge1234044.png

For Perona!!!

I'm soooo happy we get to see her and in a new outfit, altho I really really liked her old one, new is very nice as well:D

I love how sanji reacts to seeing Boa, it's so fitting:heh:

Hisoka?? 2010-10-27 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3317042)
Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

---

Somewhat disjointed, but here are the salient points…

Sanji gets a little hard just looking at her through binoculars

So wrong :heh:

Wonder what is the purpose of getting every one to "send them off" by helping to stop the marines. Other than the wow factor, it stinks of bad writing. These people don't have a good reason to be there or help them and the departure could have easily been sans the weak marine reception.

Homura7 2010-10-27 07:58

^No, riiiiiight.... they have no reason, only two years of interaction with each one of the crewmembers... Seriously:eyebrow:

Hisoka?? 2010-10-27 08:06

^ they don't have a reason to just appear at the scene and the island. The farewell should have been done when the crew members left them. Just as luffy bid farewell to the girls.

And they have no reason to help them, if the strawhats can't get out of a small marine reception like that, they aren't going to be hopeful with regards to progressing.

raziel16 2010-10-27 08:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by shankss (Post 3317319)

Exactly. Because it's COOL like that.. and fans love it.

Just another good ol' proven marketing technique: give the buyer what they want. Gotta know things like this to keep a series running for more than 10 years.

ZeroForever 2010-10-27 08:42

perona's new outfit looks more like a goth loli dress rather then the skirt design she use to sport.

either way it just features camoes from all the friends they had made, with each group helping out with the escape. Doesn't look like any of them are joining.

kakakka 2010-10-27 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hisoka?? (Post 3317371)
^ they don't have a reason to just appear at the scene and the island. The farewell should have been done when the crew members left them. Just as luffy bid farewell to the girls.

And they have no reason to help them, if the strawhats can't get out of a small marine reception like that, they aren't going to be hopeful with regards to progressing.

They have been together for 2 years, I don't think that's not good enough reason to help. And them sending the heroes off means that they did formed a strong bond for 2 years. Also this is a transition to them making way to straw hats dreams to the new world.

And small reception of marines? There's a bunch of them. Enough to stall them.