AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Durarara!! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   [Anime] Durarara!! - Favorite Character Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92807)

White Manju Bun 2010-04-08 14:23

[Anime] Durarara!! - Favorite Character Poll

It's time for a Durarara!! Favourite Characters Poll! This poll is a multiple choice poll and while we won’t restrict you from voting for every character, please try to limit your choice to your top 3 or 4 picks if you can. If you like the entire cast equally, then so be it, but if you can narrow it down a bit, then that’s even better. If you like one character the most, then don’t feel the need to vote for anymore.

Please remember that once you make your vote you may not "come back" later to add or change your previous vote(s). So make sure you know all the characters you want to include in your vote before you click the "Vote Now" button.

And of course the vote is public, so your votes will be visible to all. :)

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• This thread is Anime only
    No mention of characters that haven't been shown yet in the anime. Manga/novel spoilers will lead to BAN!

Mostly based on the characters shown from epis 1-12. After watching the OP to 13 I decided to remove a few from my initial list since it looks like theyll have more screen time in the latter epis.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Haak 2010-04-08 14:33

Durarara!!, to me, is one of the few anime where almost all the characters would go into My Favourite Character List. The only other anime that have achieved that thus far are Fullmetal Alchemist and Toradora!. I love them all. Even Seiji because I love to hate him.

(I don't mean to be an ass but you've spelt Saburo Togusa's name wrong. :p

seiftis 2010-04-08 14:55

Voted for Namie, Izaya, and of course Celty (I don't know, I'm just auto-biased towards Sawashiro Miyuki) :p

Iron Maw 2010-04-08 15:13

Like Haak, I pretty much like everyone some more than others though.

Kanon 2010-04-08 15:37

I love all the characters in the series too (except Seiji, really can't bring myself to like him) but I still have my favourites. Voted for:
  1. Anri : My favourite character. Shy, lovely, and a chara design that greatly appeals to me. I know she's got a great potential and even if she hasn't gotten a lot of spotlight yet, she's had some great moments: her outrunning Mikado when he tried to "save" her and the slamming the door in his face in a later episode are still some of the funniest moments in the series for me. I enjoy her interaction with Mikado and Kida a lot. And the biggest reason: Hanazawa Kana.
  2. Celty : She's just amazing. I would have never thought a character without a head could end up being so damn cute and lovable. Miyukichi is also one of the reason.
  3. Izaya : the Joker of the series, it just wouldn't be as entertaining without him. Plus, he's hilarious.
  4. Erika : damn, should have voted for Walker too. Both of them are the Isaac and Miria of this anime. Enough said.

White Manju Bun 2010-04-08 17:19

I easily could have picked 7-8 characters but I tried to limit myself to 4-5.

Shinra: Easily my fave character of the series, he adorable and creepy at the same time.
Celty: Im gar for headless moe :heh:
Kida: Hello Tamaki~~ I like that he's funny but has a possible darker side as well.
Izaya & Shizzy: Do I need to explain this??

Starry Dust 2010-04-08 18:52

For me, it's:

Kida-Hey, you gotta admit. He's a funny & loveable guy. It's contagious :'D
Izaya-Such a sly bastard. No way do I admire him but I find his motives intriguing.
Shizuo-To me, he's like a big, misunderstood teddy bear. People just push the wrong buttons on the poor guy. Plus DAT BARTENDER OUTFIT.
Celty-We need more female characters like her, seriously. She's sexy, doesn't take crap from anyone & can kick major butt.

Like most of you, I've enjoyed the majority of the cast but those are my main personal favorites out of the bunch.

And it totally beats me on how anyone can even like Seji or Mika.
I'm surprised they even got votes! D:

Natsuki Hyuga 2010-04-09 00:03

This must be the cruelest poll for me, I can easily choose everyone sans some. ;; But mostly favourited (in other words, so-small-margin of place 1-3 in my own rank)

Mikado - Possibly the only ordinary person that is very charming <3

Celty - Adorable badass sexy biker. With leather suit. Dere factor in badassery makes world goes round.

Shizuo- Bartender clothes. Violent rage involving public property destroying everytime he appears. Who doesn't want to have him as bodyguard love him much?

Izaya - Do I need to explain the reason why I love him oh so much? And then there is that Kamiyan factor. *insta-favourite indeed!*Jacket, holy-shite shipping possibility factor is not a reason, I swear!!

Shinra - Because Celty is there and Shinra is just adorable anytime he appears beside Celty.

I really want to vote for Kida, but as much as he cracks me up, less limelight to his darker side at the moment.

jersjay 2010-04-09 05:05

Mikado - He's slowly becoming more and more badass. His future possibilities are just limitless if he gets involved with the "dark" side of the town.

Izaya - He's the straw that stirs the drink in this show. He also provides the funniest moments on a consistent basis.

Walker & Erika - Hilarious otaku duo... nothing else needs to be said.

Ziziphus 2010-04-09 16:11

I read the first 10 chapters of the manga first and my favorite characters are Izaya-kun, Mikado-kun and Celty! The reasons are obviously the same as everyone else! :)

And after watching 12 eps of the anime I decided that I loved Shizu-chan and Kida-kun too! They're just so much more adorable in the anime thanks to being given more developments.

triskelion 2010-04-09 16:12

I like Izaya, Mikado, Dotachin, and Shizou. I'd vote for more, but I don't want to add a vote to every character.

White Manju Bun 2010-04-10 13:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 2994039)

(I don't mean to be an ass but you've spelt Saburo Togusa's name wrong. :p

Ah didnt even notice! Thanks its fixed now.

Haak 2010-04-10 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 2997349)

No probs.

Such a shame that he's gotten such few votes. Same for Rio.

And how did Seiji get more votes than Harima?

TsundereCake 2010-04-10 18:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 2997488)

And how did Seiji get more votes than Harima?

There must be some trolls about...

OceanBlue 2010-04-11 00:16

Oh no, another Favorite Character Poll where I want to vote for every character.

Seems that Celty and Izaya are fan-favorites. Mikado's up there too, which makes me glad.

Dansen 2010-04-11 02:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 2997349)

To add to this, Shizuo's name is also mispelled :)

As stated many times, I love most of the cast. However, I limited my vote to Shizuo and Kida.

I'll give an honorable mention here to Izaya, Celty, Mikado, Anri, Shinra, Namie, and Dotachin too.

Kanon 2010-04-11 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsundereCake (Post 2997671)
There must be some trolls about...

Nah, they aren't trolls. But I'd like to know the reasons they voted for Seiji.

Just realized Mika wouldn't have any votes if Haak hadn't voted for everyone :heh:

Haak 2010-04-11 04:30

Am I the only who thought Mika in stalker mode was kinda cute?....
DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!

~oNe~ 2010-04-11 05:50

Third : KIda MAsaomi
Second : ANri SOnohara
First : MIkado RYugamine

ALL Double mode persona CHaracter are AWESOME :D

Thats ALL.....

Kanon 2010-04-11 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haak (Post 2998195)
Am I the only who thought Mika in stalker mode was kinda cute?....
DON'T LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT!

Yes, I thought she was cute/funny in stalker mode, but there's just a lot more characters I like better than her. But look, now she's got two more votes ! She might eventually get ahead of Seiji.