AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Majutsu no Index (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [Season Finale] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103078)

Kairin 2011-04-01 09:00

To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [Season Finale]

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index II, Episode 24 (Season Finale).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

relentlessflame 2011-04-01 09:31

As a reminder since someone always asks: The Season II Overall Impressions thread will be released next week at around this time. This thread is for the discussion of Episode 24 itself.

Mr.Kyon 2011-04-01 10:10

So what is the big surprise at the end, those who get to see it live?

Suzuku 2011-04-01 10:15

There is no surprise. I thought it was already established that the article was a mistranslation. The director never said there would be a surprise at the end of the season.

faiz blaster 2011-04-01 10:47

Before the thing actually airs, let me say right away that I am not expecting much out of this. Frankly, I always thought that using the story in the SS to close the season was a bad idea. It simply does not match the flow and mood of the rest of the season (it is an side story after all). It would have been much better if they had ended with the set up of Vol 13 and put the SS episodes as DVD extras.

Nayrael 2011-04-01 11:01

DVD extras? SS1 may be side stories but they are Important Side Stories

With that said, beginning os S3 would have been a better place for 'em <_<

Suzuku 2011-04-01 11:09

After this ep, I don't see why they felt the need to squeeze SS1 in. Maybe they wanted to cover as much of the novels as they could, but it was a pretty stupid idea.

tsunade666 2011-04-01 11:26

okay after watching it. It might be good to say this but Ritoku is a level 0. And this episode show full of bada*s level 0.

EDIT:

They showed her
Spoiler for guess who's that loli is:

JC staff actually showed her

Okashira 2011-04-01 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suzuku (Post 3553780)
After this ep, I don't see why they felt the need to squeeze SS1 in. Maybe they wanted to cover as much of the novels as they could, but it was a pretty stupid idea.

Actually, no. There it was absolutely nothing that pointed out that the surprise was going to be within episode 24, if they are going to stick to that announcement then they might point out something "now" that the series is actually done with.

I liked this episode more than 23, even though they removed that absolutely precious washing machine hugging moment.

Shiage was voiced by Hino Satoshi. I think I had forgotten, but when Touma slammed Shiage with that security glass he blew away his noise piercing.... That oughta hurt.

zeniselv 2011-04-01 11:44

this epísode was super rushed the second part wouldnt make sense to those that havent readed the novels, it just felt like things happened put of the blue, im quessing that all that "rushedness" migth be for the sake of having references for railgun 2 or some ovas coming up.

tsunade666 2011-04-01 11:54

............ this episode was totally unnecessary if you ask me. It just felt to rushed that you wouldn't understand much even though the fight with the level 0 komaba ritoku was a good scene.

But man they totally killed the fun in the SS. Shiage bro looked like a wuss which he is when his still in skill out but they totally didn't explain the whole stuff on what's happening in the part where they just shown Misaka Misuzu getting attacked.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-04-01 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okashira (Post 3553817)
Shiage was voiced by Hino Satoshi. I think I had forgotten, but when Touma slammed Shiage with that security glass he blew away his noise piercing.... That oughta hurt.

LOLOLOLOLOL!! Holy shit serious?! Hamazura Shiage is Satoshi Hino?! As in Yuuji and Saito?!

This might not mean much to most normal people, but this little piece of news just made my day in the most strangest and incomprehensible way :eyespin:

Seihai 2011-04-01 12:23

Hamazura's voice is hilarious. In a neutral way. So can someone explain why Misuzu was chased and all? It was a bit sudden. Other than that, I really liked the episode. The first scene was so joygasmic, best bgm track ever. Everything involving GROUP also seems to be epic. I laughed when Accelerator aimed the gun at Touma. The use of bgm in this episode was really extra nice, and I don't really mind the fast pacing as I understood most of it. Well, there's not much you can miss anyway I think? 8.5/10

tsunade666 2011-04-01 12:28

simple answer is Misuzu wants to take Misaka back from the academy city. She wants to take her child back home because the war is starting and it's getting dangerous but the ting is. The academy city is practically the safest place if their will be a war. Except no touching into the dark side.

If a level 5 child goes home. It will bring more worries towards the lower level children and their parents will take back their child due to impending danger. So the higher ups or should I say the screwed up directors. Make a deal with the skill out. Be killed or follow our order. So Shiage was ... well thrown into the corner. He just been promoted leader after Ritoku getting killed and the higher ups are already cornering them. So he was forced to follow the directors. And the order is to kill Misaka Misuzu.

Seihai 2011-04-01 12:33

Thanks for the answer, sounds pretty plausible. And another question if you don't mind, where / to who was GROUP heading to in the end? I think they mentioned it but I can't be sure without subs.

Dist 2011-04-01 12:34

Fail in topic title. Fix it D:

Ice Block 2011-04-01 12:44

Spoiler for Ep23:

Suzuku 2011-04-01 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okashira (Post 3553817)
Actually, no. There it was absolutely nothing that pointed out that the surprise was going to be within episode 24, if they are going to stick to that announcement then they might point out something "now" that the series is actually done with.

I liked this episode more than 23, even though they removed that absolutely precious washing machine hugging moment.

What? I wasn't talking about any announcement. And there was no surprise or announcement to begin with. The director never said there was going to be a surprise at the end of Index II, that was a mistranslation. He was talking about Accelerator Railguning Kihara being a surprise ending to the fight.

Anyway, the beginning of the ep with Awaki and Ritoku was awesome, and so was Accelerator and Ritoku's fight. Really wish the whole season had been animated this well, and not just a handful of episodes. That aside, I'm glad they finally used the BGM from the PV in this episode, I really wanted it on OST 2. Overall, the entire ep was good, but it just felt out of place. They really should've just ended the season on vl 13 and left SS1 to four OVAs. The first one for Touma and his class' hotpot trip and his convo with Tsuchimikado, the second one for Accelerator's first GROUP mission, the third for the nun shenanigans which they cut out, and the fourth for Touma and Accelerator's Skill-Out fight. I really just can't fathom why they decided to go this route. I hope someone does an interview with the director or someone and ask them straight up what the point of including the SS was, because it just makes no sense to me.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-04-01 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanish (Post 3553890)
Thanks for the answer, sounds pretty plausible. And another question if you don't mind, where / to who was GROUP heading to in the end? I think they mentioned it but I can't be sure without subs.

Quentin Tarantino style of four people walking away to the distance, usually a sunset or rise, with no real destination in mind.

Usually away from a building that's about to explode as well...

The novel joked that they look like a group of friend going out for a night at the karaoke... :heh:

Mr.Kyon 2011-04-01 12:58

Apparently they cut out the Awaki/Accel angry sex fuel.

Please tell me it ain't so...