AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Whoa! Amazing 20yr collection of Jap games (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=22615)

wun 2004-10-21 18:50

Whoa! Amazing 20yr collection of Jap games

damn this guys been collecting everything related to japanese games possible..

you gotta see the list and pics he's posted!!

Ebay Auction

wish he posted a reason for sale...

SiL Eighty 2004-10-21 20:09

Holy shit thats alot of crap. I bet no one buys it. Buy now price $100,000 LAUGH.

*Is this considered spam?* :o

OutPhase 2004-10-22 14:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by SiL Eighty
*Is this considered spam?* :o

: pause before answering to think :

I... I.... I don't know because he's not advertising his stuff but showing a collection. :upset:

Oh my God! He's selling 2 beatmania games with the controller! 0_o Overall this stuff is worth a lot more than than just $100000, but at least about a quarter million!

NightWish 2004-10-22 14:16

An impressive collection... if you like that sort of thing. Good buy for a museum maybe, but not much else.
Quote:

*Is this considered spam?*

I'm ruling not; because the intent is to amuse / inform / create a topic for discussion. It's doesn't appear to be his sale, he isn't getting commission as far as I can see and lastly... I doubt anyone on the forum has the liquid capital required to make advertising here worth while :heh:

??? 2004-10-22 14:24

Anyone will buy the 1971's big box :Pong: for 100,000.00$ ?
You can get a mini arcade at dollarama for 1.00$ :)

OutPhase 2004-10-22 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ???
Anyone will buy the 1971's big box :Pong: for 100,000.00$ ?
You can get a mini arcade at dollarama for 1.00$ :)

Does that mean you still own an Atari, or was it released on another system? :hmm:

Also you don't only get Pong but little a bajillion other games. The man's probably selling it because he's running out of room. That's a lot of games, you know, but who would buy all that anyway?

I am fully aware that "bajillion" is neither a number or a word.

Avaj 2004-10-22 15:08

I could never bring myself to sell such a collection if I had one.

SiL Eighty 2004-10-22 15:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Does that mean you still own an Atari, or was it released on another system? :hmm:

Also you don't only get Pong but little a bajillion other games. The man's probably selling it because he's running out of room. That's a lot of games, you know, but who would buy all that anyway?

I am fully aware that "bajillion" is neither a number or a word.

Hes talking about the very first arcade game Pong. This is way before Atari. The thing was home made and put in a local burger shack or something.

OutPhase 2004-10-22 15:20

Quote:

Hes talking about the very first arcade game Pong. This is way before Atari. The thing was home made and put in a local burger shack or something.

Oh, you mean the actual arcade unit. I'm not entirely sure how much people would actually buy that for (Around $200 to $500) Then again it could be a collectors item at the price of over $700.

Lexander 2004-10-22 16:54

Just bought it :cool:

: pants on fire:

DingoEnderZOE2 2004-10-22 17:03

Holy crap where the heck does that guy live anyway? He's got to have a huge amount of space to hold all that in one room. Still I wouldn't get the entire set hes selling(That's a little too much stuff if you ask me.) but there were a few games in his collection that I wanted. How much was he willing to sell all of that for again A thousand bucks or something?

hamiko_san 2004-10-22 17:37

10 things more, you never know.

StriderA 2004-10-23 16:11

I can't even imaging gaining such a collection no less selling it. It would be like working your whole life collecting something, which has to mean a whole lot to you, and then just giving it away. What would inspire someone to do that?

Ending 2004-10-23 18:11

Oh, wow; he doesn't have only the games, but also the hardware. :twitch:

And I'm still regretting selling my good ole NES some ten years ago. The memories... :(