AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Uta-Kata (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=21523)

Timeless Enigma 2004-10-04 13:24

Uta-Kata

I did a search on the forums to see if this would be a duplicate thread, seems it's not the case as far as I know.

Anyway, Uta-Kata... the official link

Also, AndrewLB's great list of Autumn 2004 anime
EDIT: roxfan's great list of Autumn 2004 anime, hosted by AndrewLB.:)

Looks pretty interesting, I'm watching the RAW right now, and I'm liking it. What can I say, I'm a sucker for shoujo/slice of life anime.

So far it looks good, nice artwork, nice music, nice character designs. For some reason the two main characters remind me of Eclair and Lumiere from Kiddy Grade.

I'm looking forward to the subs, hope everyone else enjoys it as well.

_yeah 2004-10-04 13:28

Uh... small correction: That list is maintained by roxfan. Andrew just provides the server space.

lordwu 2004-10-04 14:41

I liked episode 1 as well. My guess the show would be a lot like Somday's Dreamer. Hope the show will stay light-hearted rest of the way but I felt there is something dark looming...

ChibiDusk 2004-10-04 14:56

Quote:

For some reason the two main characters remind me of Eclair and Lumiere from Kiddy Grade.
It's the same character designer :)
I'm looking forward to this aswell :)~

Timeless Enigma 2004-10-05 14:27

Well, LunarAnime providing us with Episode 1... I can't wait till I get back from college!!

ChibiDusk 2004-10-05 14:31

Lunar has been doing a great job on these new series, and releasing them fast at that. I really appreciate their work! Thanks :)

I'm getting ep1 from their bots right now, can't wait :)

Marvel 2004-10-05 15:29

I've watched the first episode and i had the feeling this could become a populair anime. Because the story looks promising and the characters are nice designed. The Animation is very good.
Spoiler:

Jenichan 2004-10-05 16:35

Yah, this first episode was really good. The animation is so pretty and everyone is sooooo cute =) This could definetly become a very popular series soon, the rest of the episodes better have the same quality that this one did!

Lord Raiden 2004-10-05 17:21

I was kind of surprised at the number of panty shots I saw. Not something that was overwhelming, but something that was very discrete, almost like it would be in real life if girls were wearing skirts that short. ;) But overall its got a good feel to it. Nothing like Da Capo, at least not yet, but its got potential.

hyper200092 2004-10-05 18:47

The first episode was good. I will definately be following this series this fall. Thanks Lunar for subbing it! :D

Yay, the character designers who did Kiddy Grade, one of my favorite anime. Love the designs!

Does anyone else besides me like the OP of this series?

suguru 2004-10-05 19:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyper200092
The first episode was good. I will definately be following this series this fall. Thanks Lunar for subbing it! :D

Yay, the character designers who did Kiddy Grade, one of my favorite anime. Love the designs!

Does anyone else besides me like the OP of this series?

I have iTunes playing it on endless loop right now, so far 12 times but I'm not quite sick of it yet :)

Uta~Kata looks great so far--given it's from gimik the fanservice isn't surprising, but it didn't get in the way of the story. The character designs definitely remind me of Kiddy Grade--I wonder if they'll throw in similar plot twists. The backgrounds seem well-done too--I've never been to Kamakura, but I recognized a couple landmarks from pictures I've seen. I hope it's not only 12 episodes, although:

Spoiler:

Maceart 2004-10-05 19:20

the OP song?!?? i thought it doesn't get released until oct. 21st

oh well gotta go see this anime...looks to be the best anime of the fall season, second only to Mai Hime!!!

suguru 2004-10-05 19:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maceart
the OP song?!?? i thought it doesn't get released until oct. 21st

It's not the full OP--I just ripped the short TV version of it out of the audio track from the avi, to last until the 21st.

Uta~Kata's worth checking out, who knows where it'll go from here but I like it so far...

Za Paper 2004-10-05 20:14

Not a bad first episode. Still too early to see how good it will be though. The annoying thing was the panty shots. In my opinion, when they try making it subtle it becomes even more obvious. They are middle school girls dammit!

AnimeOni 2004-10-05 21:37

true. The "cuteness" disappeared into "fanservice" with that panty shot. I'll withhold judgement after seeing the next two or three episodes. It definately looks promising. Not much of any major plot yet but the mystery is just beginning.

Timeless Enigma 2004-10-06 00:03

Is anyone else getting a NARU TARU vibe off of this anime?

I've only ever seen the first episode of it, but from what people keep saying it gets disturbing later on. I doubt Uta-Kata will ever get really twisted, but it's obvious there's some dark side going on.

Spoiler for Ichika's feelings:

BTW, what's the background on this anime? Is it from a manga, game, novel?

PS: Gotta love LunarAnime. Arigato for bringing us so many great series.

JediNight 2004-10-06 04:01

Spoiler:

wao 2004-10-06 04:23

Seeing Lunar sub it, and seeing the recent trend of show licensing, let's just wait for this to get licensed like, next month =P

I'm getting it based on what you guys say, though I don't really like fanservice, and I've never watched Kiddy Grade because of what I hear about it, those character designs are just cute :) And I suppose I can always drop it alter if I don't like it. I wonder if it turns into a Narutaru-like show :D That'd be great...

Srin Tuar 2004-10-06 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Za Paper
Not a bad first episode. Still too early to see how good it will be though. The annoying thing was the panty shots. In my opinion, when they try making it subtle it becomes even more obvious. They are middle school girls dammit!

You can always close your eyes right?

You knew coming in that this was "magical girl transformation" right?

Its pretty much a staple. To put on your power suit, you get nekkid.

TronDD 2004-10-06 13:51

This kinda reminds me of Yumeria, though it seems to have the potential to be deeper and darker. I hope it is.

I love both the OP and ED.