AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

JMvS 2011-04-27 08:27

Didn't have the time to go shopping for gunpla during my two weeks traveling in Japan, but luckily, guess what a toy store in Narita airport had in stock? RG MS-06S Zaku II Char version!

Now it's waiting on my shelf, together with an HG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver.G30th I found domestically.

I hope they won't wait too long, but I have to gather again proper modelling tools, since I haven't been doing modelling for about 10 years now.

Appel 2011-04-27 12:40

i think i have decided on what i will do next month. i will try some spray painting^^ a whole kit, never did that before!
i think i will go with HG avalanche exia dash. but i dont know how i will paint it yet... i dont think i will do a custom colorscheme, i never come up with good ideas^^ i was thinking about a titanium/candy finish. chrome as the base, then a clear color and top coat on top of that. that should look pretty awesome on that model...
i dont know a lot of other techniques like that though, any other suggestions perhaps?

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-04-28 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3586430)

What size is the box? Like MG Exia Ignition Mode? And do we have the actual release date of it now?

Appel 2011-04-28 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3590494)
What size is the box? Like MG Exia Ignition Mode? And do we have the actual release date of it now?

because its essentially two kits in one i think that will be about right with its size.
and i would like to know the release date, too... but as far as i know we dont know anything specific yet

Sworra 2011-04-28 05:10

Knowing Bandai it will be the last week in May. Speaking of release dates when is RG Strike being released? they said April but its nearing the end of this month pretty soon.

Appel 2011-04-28 05:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sworra (Post 3590647)
Knowing Bandai it will be the last week in May. Speaking of release dates when is RG Strike being released? they said April but its nearing the end of this month pretty soon.

yeah, thats what i think, too... they always release stuff late in the announced month >_>
im not sure about the strike though! i was confused about that, too. on gundamguy they have reviews of it already and he is painting it right now so i thought it was already released but on HLJ it still says that it wasnt released yet... weird :P

~Destiny~ 2011-04-28 07:09

RG Strike is supposed to be released April 30th iirc

Appel 2011-04-28 11:06

alright! i just did some experiments with the paint i bought^^
im going with a metallic silver as a base (i wanted chrome but all shops i checked didnt have metallic chrome >_>) so it wont be THAT shiny. on top of that comes clear blue, red or yellow with a clear clat paint on top.
and the frame i will paint in tamiya gun metal. i LOVE that paint! i will use that on all my kits from now on^^ it looks simply amazing!

Araxiel 2011-04-29 10:50

Noted the RG Zaku II production type up on HLJ for July release. Not a huge surprise, but nice to see it nonetheless. ^^

Quote:

Check out the dalong review of HG 00 Gundam suits.
I did, and I see from the pics that they can mount saber blades. However, having heard that they don't come with the kits, and beam sabers not coming in one standard shape across the line, I asked on the off-chance that anyone on this forum who owns a Throne might pop up and say something like 'Yup, [xyz kit]'s blades fit them fine'.

For the record, all I got from Dalong was
Quote:

For HG bachee inevitably gave the beamsaber borrowing fit. Just right. ^ ^
which is even less helpful.

GrahamAker 2011-04-29 11:03

which will be the next ms from gundam 00 series? I would like to see gundam dynames getting the MG treatment

Appel 2011-04-29 11:08

no new OO master grade has been announced yet. but i agree, a dynames would be amazing!

right now im building my MG MK-II 2.0 which arrived this morning. VERY nice kit!
as a test for my little project with avalanche exia dash im currently testing the colors a little by painting the kits accessoires^^ turned out very lovely as far as i can see, i will post some pics when im done with them. this is pretty exciting for me because i have never done something like that before XD

Araxiel 2011-04-29 11:13

HG versions of the GNX-IV and Seravee II from the movie would be awesome. As for 1/100s and/or MGs, I'm with you guys- Dynames would be an instant win. Or maybe a MG Reborns? That'd be beautiful~

Appel 2011-04-29 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Araxiel (Post 3592514)
HG versions of the GNX-IV and Seravee II from the movie would be awesome. As for 1/100s and/or MGs, I'm with you guys- Dynames would be an instant win. Or maybe a MG Reborns? That'd be beautiful~

ive never been a huge fan of the reborns gundam... but anything GNX related would be a first day purchase for me, too

Kuroi Hadou 2011-04-29 14:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3592536)
ive never been a huge fan of the reborns gundam... but anything GNX related would be a first day purchase for me, too

HERESY! Reborns is awesome. :eyespin:

Appel 2011-04-29 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3592751)
HERESY! Reborns is awesome. :eyespin:

i hate that guy so much XD
one thing about his machine that i like is that in gundam mode it actually looks totally evil, thats awesome.

im done by the way :P
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0707h72j.jpg

AWESOME kit! i went a little wild with the colors though :P i painted the torso and the black parts of the accessoires in gun metal and everything that was purplish grey on them in silver. i also painted the thrusters.
i can totally recommend this guy if you dont have it yet, its a really great kit^^

Kuroi Hadou 2011-04-29 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3592903)

You're confusing Reborns (the MS) with Ribbons (the character). :heh:

Appel 2011-04-29 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 3592923)
You're confusing Reborns (the MS) with Ribbons (the character). :heh:

i blame the subtitles of the episodes i watched :P besides, i never really cares about his name^^ i hated him because he was a great villain, thats all i cared about

SonicSP 2011-04-29 17:53

Makes me wonder whether the HG00 line is up, it has been fairly quiet after the Braves. I hope we can get the GN-XIV, ELS GN-XIV and Seravee II at least..........>__>

Kuroi Hadou 2011-04-29 18:20

I will drop a nuke on Bandai if we don't get the GN-XIV and Seravee II. :frustrated:

GrahamAker 2011-04-29 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3592903)
one thing about his machine that i like is that in gundam mode it actually looks totally evil, thats awesome.

im done by the way :P
http://www.abload.de/img/foto0707h72j.jpg

AWESOME kit! i went a little wild with the colors though :P i painted the torso and the black parts of the accessoires in gun metal and everything that was purplish grey on them in silver. i also painted the thrusters.
i can totally recommend this guy if you dont have it yet, its a really great kit^^

Is this MG MKII?:)