AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Sworra 2011-12-14 17:33

That AGE 2 has Zeta and Victory writen all over it. Its slick and decent, better looking then the AGE 1 I'd buy it when the MG comes out..

casval cehack 2011-12-14 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 3902388)
Unlike with the AGE-1 and its forms... AGE-2 is love at first sight :love:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/a...AGE2Normal.jpg

Superb boxart; they're even focusing more on the waverider mode.

Bandai could have hidden the head better though.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-12-14 18:57

It's a throw back to the Victory Gundam, that's what I'm betting. Or the flag, given the position of the gun and the head. Either way, I like it. I hope this means we'll be getting official reveals of the Dorado and Adele soon.

DV04 2011-12-14 19:27

I really like the design of this Gundam, but I'll probably get the MG scale like most. I tend to just buy 1/144 HG for grunt units.

duotiga 2011-12-14 20:04

beam rifle for Age-2 is like gun form of 00 Qan[t] GN sword v =x

DV04 2011-12-14 20:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3902908)

Yeah, it does. There's a lot of influences from past series in AGE, but I personally don't mind. Speaking of influences, they also take some ideas from other anime series too. For example, the UE's Zedas really reminds me of Code Geass' Gawain/Shinkirou (probably mentioned before by others).

pumpkins 2011-12-14 22:29

Quote:

yup, its like the gn sword iv too, just add a gn blade below it and you can use it for your 00. lol

not too fond of the transformed mode.. and i dunno if thats a shield on its left arm but if it is, its tiny!

duotiga 2011-12-14 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by pumpkins (Post 3903063)
yup, its like the gn sword iv too, just add a gn blade below it and you can use it for your 00. lol

not too fond of the transformed mode.. and i dunno if thats a shield on its left arm but if it is, its tiny!

the transformation is similar to union flag/overflag/enact/Braves of 00 :heh:

LoweGear 2011-12-15 00:39

Actually that style of transformation dates back all the way to Zeta Gundam, specifically MS like the Gaplant. That style is more prevalent among non-Gundams though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DV04 (Post 3902932)
For example, the UE's Zedas really reminds me of Code Geass' Gawain/Shinkirou (probably mentioned before by others).

Same mecha designer. Junya Ishigaki worked on the designs for Code Geass and now the UE for AGE. He's also worked on designs for Gundam Wing, like the Maganacs.

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-12-15 01:29

Quote:

Are you sure? For me, it looks like the GN Sword II Blaster from the 00 Gundam 7 Swords/G, just without the blade.

duotiga 2011-12-15 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 3903291)
Are you sure? For me, it looks like the GN Sword II Blaster from the 00 Gundam 7 Swords/G, just without the blade.

the top n bottom blue cover for the rifle though the barrel kinda like GN Sword II blaster

duotiga 2011-12-15 05:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by AaKkisa (Post 3891408)
Hey everyone!

Just a quick question and hopefully someone might have an answer. It is with the HG G-Exes that is soon to be released. The black parts on the shoulders, will Bandai include stickers or will I have to paint it? (I've never painted before, I just started to panel line the gunpla, what paint/marker should I use for it?)

Spoiler for picture without black:

in rgds to yr qn which i finally found:

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10166777

sad to say is stickers if u look at the manual

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-12-15 05:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Znozzy (Post 3901978)
Who cares about the Banshee when we're getting the Byalant Kai?!

giant text aside, what scale are robot damashii's? 1/144's?

Yes but the Byalant Kai is an exclusive. Which means if you don't live in Japan, you're screwed. Because you'll have to use middleman services, or ebay. The Byalant Kai as a Robot Damashii figure is hardly anything to be happy about. Unless you can spend the 80-150 bucks it'll eventually cost, then power to ya.

It's actually just another reason why the Robot Damashii line is disappointing me more and more. I use to be such a big fan, but now my like for the line is barely holding on by a thread. The line now is plauged by poor selection, spaced out relases, and too many exclusives. Thank god the AGE Gundam and the Gafran got made and AREN'T exclusives. Otherwise, I'd have very little cause to keep buying.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Byalant, it's a cool design. But after the total screen time of 1:14 seconds, I feel it's justification as a figure is...very low. What Bandai should be making from Gundam Unicorn is the ReZel, Delta Plus, Loto, and Kshatriya, those mobile suits have all had lengthy roles and appeared in more than OVA. But for some reason, the Byalant Kai gets more attention.

And I just did three paragraphs of complaining....it's not directed at you Znozzy I swear. I just feel the Robot Damashii line is dying and it shouldn't be. :(

HasuMasu 2011-12-15 05:35

The AGE looks more and more like a 00 suit as it evolves. :heh:

StrikeFreedomV2 2011-12-15 06:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 3903331)
the top n bottom blue cover for the rifle though the barrel kinda like GN Sword II blaster

Oh, that's what you mean. But still, the resemblance isn't that high imo.

Znozzy 2011-12-15 06:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3903466)
Yes but the Byalant Kai is an exclusive. Which means if you don't live in Japan, you're screwed. Because you'll have to use middleman services, or ebay. The Byalant Kai as a Robot Damashii figure is hardly anything to be happy about. Unless you can spend the 80-150 bucks it'll eventually cost, then power to ya.

It's actually just another reason why the Robot Damashii line is disappointing me more and more. I use to be such a big fan, but now my like for the line is barely holding on by a thread. The line now is plauged by poor selection, spaced out relases, and too many exclusives. Thank god the AGE Gundam and the Gafran got made and AREN'T exclusives. Otherwise, I'd have very little cause to keep buying.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Byalant, it's a cool design. But after the total screen time of 1:14 seconds, I feel it's justification as a figure is...very low. What Bandai should be making from Gundam Unicorn is the ReZel, Delta Plus, Loto, and Kshatriya, those mobile suits have all had lengthy roles and appeared in more than OVA. But for some reason, the Byalant Kai gets more attention.

And I just did three paragraphs of complaining....it's not directed at you Znozzy I swear. I just feel the Robot Damashii line is dying and it shouldn't be. :(

Oh, i don't really care about the Robot damashii line either tbh, i was just being sarcastic while writing that :)

i'm really holding my thumbs for a Byalant Kai HG though, that would make my year.

firefox 2011-12-15 07:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3903466)

I just started 2 months ago with buying some Robot Damashii figures. I agree with most of what you say, but besides the selection of certain suits i'm not to found of teh overall quality of RD. The selection is mainly based on what's new rotated with older popular suits. I have no problem with this as not all new suits are great, nor from gundam age, nor from unicorn. Unicorn will probably get a few more releases in RD, as it aint finished yet, got to be patient.

After having done 4 comparisons, between RD and the previous HCM Pro line (4 00 season 4 main suits) , i found that RD is a sort of compromise between the old MSIA and the HCM Pro line.

RD are simply put too expensive for what you get, luckyly i got most of my figures on HLJ at -60% and -70%. I still would have liked the old HC Pro line to continue, despite the smaller 1/200 scale the figures are overall alot better then RD.

My last RD was Aile strike gundam and i was dissapointed, being a huge strike fan it is not as great a some people claimed. When i have built my 1/144 RG Aile strike i'll do a comparison of both.

I hope RD follows a progressive line of quality like HCM Pro did so in the future they will get better.

Today i'll be opening my RD Gouf Custom :), hope it's better, because i really like the fact that it comes with 2 gatling shields.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2011-12-15 16:37

My last RD figure was the Aile Strike Gundam and Tallgeese III. While the Aile Strike is a good figure, it's WAY too stylized. Doesn't really reflect the boxy design the anime version had.

duotiga 2011-12-15 19:51

i have a few RD figures (Unicorn Unicorn mode, Unicorn Destroy ver1, Unicorn Destroy OVA, F-91, Destiny, Strike Freedom, Wing Zero Custom)

So far im impress for the Destiny, Strike Freedom & new Unicorn Destroy

Appel 2011-12-15 20:35

they added new items to the HLJ EMS shipping campaign! in the gunpla category they now also have the MG the-o and both mega size zakus. so when you order one of those the whole package will be only 2000 yen shipping!^^ thats pretty good considering how big the box of the-o is!