AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

HasuMasu 2011-12-28 03:10

That is stunning box-art. :eek:

Appel 2011-12-28 04:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3921907)
That is stunning box-art. :eek:

its pretty much the same as the original unicorn ver.ka. but the weapons are adding a LOT of awesomeness to that boxart!^^

right now im done with building most of the weapons and those weapons that i wanted to paint are painted. now i decanted some tamiya flat clear out of a can which i will use as a base for my glow in the dark pigments. im just letting the solvent bubble out now, that stuff is COLD! XD

nyerk 2011-12-28 20:28

Question for anyone who's built the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G; Will using the green foil stickers inside the buster sword hamper the light piping effect from the LED?

suiton629 2011-12-28 20:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyerk (Post 3922850)
Question for anyone who's built the MG 00 Gundam Seven Sword G; Will using the green foil stickers inside the buster sword hamper the light piping effect from the LED?

I haven't built the kit yet even though I've had it for a while.

I assume they provided stickers for those without LED units and clear decals for those with the LED units so that it shines through a little.

If they did that, they I suggest you just not use the stickers so that it'll look really nice when lit up. =)

I plan to do that with my

MG Exia (turning this one into Repair 1 and using the red LEDs)
MG Exia Ignition Mode (making this as regular Exia with chrome blades & green LEDs)
MG 00 Raiser
MG 00 Qan[T]
MG 00 7 Sword/G
I also have 1/100 Astraea and 1/100 Astraea Type F. All I need is the 1/100 Avalanche Exia. But those 3 No Grade kits...I won't be using LEDs.

duotiga 2011-12-28 23:39

Quote:

if you want the light effect, dun paste the foil sticker.....foil sticker is opague, not clear

see the manual carefully , it gives you 2 options

sames applies for the head also

pumpkins 2011-12-29 00:06

does anyone here have an unbuilt HG gundam 00 or its variants which comes with the updated foil stickers? ~ especially those stickers for the gn condensers with the light ring on it, picture from dalong below!

if it's possible can i have a scan of the sticker? i'm hoping to use this design for my gundam 00 kit. (it came with the old style stickers :() :)

Kitaeryu 2011-12-29 00:47

Quote:

The stickers go on the opposite side of the light piping so it doesn't matter whether you have them or not.

suiton629 2011-12-29 00:51

Just don't use any stickers/decals on the areas that you want to have light piping showing through.

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 06:14

My latest procurement.:D
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/DSC02210.jpg
Found it deep in a bargain bin at my local shopping district.:heh:

maknaedik 2011-12-29 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3923123)
Just don't use any stickers/decals on the areas that you want to have light piping showing through.

Well, there are clear stickers that can make the effect better.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3923433)
My latest procurement.:D
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/g...s/DSC02210.jpg
Found it deep in a bargain bin at my local shopping district.:heh:

How much do you pay for it?

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3923466)
How much do you pay for it?

Roughly around US$32.00.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3923485)
Roughly around US$32.00.

Hmm... I just remembered that if we just want the Unicorn or Sinanju head display-stand, we can get it for roughly $18 at some store that I know. Still, it's pretty good deal you got there. It also save the shipping cost, right?

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 12:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3923696)
Hmm... I just remembered that if we just want the Unicorn or Sinanju head display-stand, we can get it for roughly $18 at some store that I know. Still, it's pretty good deal you got there. It also save the shipping cost, right?

After doing the math; yeah, I got it at a great deal. If going by buying it separately, I would have spent $36 instead of $32. I wouldn't worry about the shipping cost because it is from a local shop.:heh:

They were also selling an HGUC Hazel, forgot which type, but is it any good?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-12-29 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3923785)
They were also selling an HGUC Hazel, forgot which type, but is it any good?

There are 3 types of HGUC Hazel: Hazel TR-1, Hazel Custom and Advanced Hazel. I have the Advanced Hazel and I can tell you that it's a really good kit. The articulation is good. The joint for the crotch can be a little loose if you often play with them, aside from that, all joints are fine. My favorite feature of Adv-Hazel would be the skirt arms (much like The-O) and the mask. For me, that mask is really cool and makes it distinguishable from any other gundams out there.

Hazel Custom is good too if you prefer simpler design and its white color is really nice.

Hazel TR-1 is the Ugliest of them all. The design is nothing special and it got this ridiculously huge white tail-fin that crash with the overall dark-blue color of the suit.

Chiu_fan 2011-12-29 12:51

Thanks for your insight. I might get it after finishing the Unicorn.

Butagami 2011-12-29 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3923805)
There are 3 types of HGUC Hazel: Hazel TR-1, Hazel Custom and Advanced Hazel. I have the Advanced Hazel and I can tell you that it's a really good kit. The articulation is good. The joint for the crotch can be a little loose if you often play with them, aside from that, all joints are fine. My favorite feature of Adv-Hazel would be the skirt arms (much like The-O) and the mask. For me, that mask is really cool and makes it distinguishable from any other gundams out there.

Hazel Custom is good too if you prefer simpler design and its white color is really nice.

Hazel TR-1 is the Ugliest of them all. The design is nothing special and it got this ridiculously huge white tail-fin that crash with the overall dark-blue color of the suit.

Went to look at it on HLJ. The dark blue one with the huge white tail unit is actually a prototype version. the normal TR-1 is white, without the tail...

edit: the box actually said hazel custom, so you were right... Sorry!

Also, the MG Hi-Nu is atm both in stock and on sale. Just saying...

Appel 2011-12-29 18:08

and here we are:

http://www.abload.de/img/img0952gkxs3.jpg

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

Bonta Kun 2011-12-29 20:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3924078)
and here we are:

*snip*

its enourmous. thats pretty much the only thing this thing has going for it XD

Well I'd also add the fact it is rather ridiculous yet oddly awesome.

Still think I prefer a IWSP compared to what you get with the FA tho.
The 2 hyper bazookas don't look cool enough imo.

Altho the beam halberd-esque thingys are wicked cool. Always been a fan of the Halberd for some odd reason:p

Kuroi Hadou 2011-12-29 20:30

*head tilt* They had an extra beam magnum lying around and no-one told me? :frustrated: :heh: