AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-30 11:46

Here you go, Obelisk:

Source.

Looks like those arm guns are canon. :heh:

Also, have a RG Build Strike while I'm at it:

Source, and more pics.

kgrodriguez 2016-08-30 16:03

That's it. I really like the Lupus now. Also that RG Build Strike really looks great.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-30 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5934734)
That's it. I really like the Lupus now.

Now you realize the folly of your follies! :eyespin:

Quote:

Also that RG Build Strike really looks great.
I hope it doesn't have issues like the RG Sinanju does, because if it doesn't... *gets panel-lining pens ready*

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-30 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5934597)
Here you go, Obelisk:

Source.

Looks like those arm guns are canon. :heh:

So? I'm not arguing about its canonicity. I'm arguing about its aesthetics.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-30 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5934783)
So? I'm not arguing about its canonicity. I'm arguing about its aesthetics.

You're no fun at all sometimes, you know that?

xeviouses 2016-08-30 19:31

Thank Ars Goetia that they didn't integrate the guns directly on the frame. I like looking at naked Barbie..

Hopefully there's nothing wrong the RG Build Strike, I mean there are no issues with RG Strike right?

^canon puns, really?:eyebrow:

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-30 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5934836)
Thank Ars Goetia that they didn't integrate the guns directly on the frame. I like looking at naked Barbie.

I'm glad the guns actually rotate instead of being permanently stuck facing forward. Then again, that's the only want to actually have the barrels that long and still let Barbie properly hold things, but it's an either/or situation so it isn't actually optimal.

Quote:

^canon puns, really?:eyebrow:
Yang did it.

mangatron 2016-08-30 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5920032)
Since Kuroi Hadou asked for it, let me post one of the most honest reviews of RG Sinanju out there :heh::

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Goodness, I don't normally watch video reviews for anything, but I felt like watching this one. Wow, what happened to it, it only looks good, but it falls apart. I posed my RG Zeta in front of my monitor to watch the video too, I can almost feel it crying :heh: (I had to overhaul my RG Zeta's entire hip area due to complete destruction of the transforming parts).

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2016-08-30 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5934854)
I'm glad the guns actually rotate instead of being permanently stuck facing forward. Then again, that's the only want to actually have the barrels that long and still let Barbie properly hold things, but it's an either/or situation so it isn't actually optimal.

Didn't the rotating arm-guns/cannons already confirmed back then when we saw the pic of the 1/100 Lupus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5934854)
Yang did it.

And I didn't appreciate it :mad:.

kgrodriguez 2016-08-30 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5934738)
Now you realize the folly of your follies! :eyespin:

I'm one to admit when I am wrong, so yeah, I'm gonna get that Lupus soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5934738)
I hope it doesn't have issues like the RG Sinanju does, because if it doesn't... *gets panel-lining pens ready*

I'm still on the fence with the RG Sinanju. It looks great visually, specially all that gold. But I am hearing so many issues, so I am still not sure.

xeviouses 2016-08-30 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5934939)
I'm still on the fence with the RG Sinanju. It looks great visually, specially all that gold. But I am hearing so many issues, so I am still not sure.

You can still get it if you really want it, just don't expect too many dynamic poses without application of superglue.

kgrodriguez 2016-08-30 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5934944)
You can still get it if you really want it, just don't expect too many dynamic poses without application of superglue.

So parts are either loose or do fall off most of the time? I'm leaning towards not getting it now.

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-31 06:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5934973)
So parts are either loose or do fall off most of the time? I'm leaning towards not getting it now.

From the reviews I've seen, the arms don't seem to be able to maintain poses with much weight on them, and if you're not careful the gold-embroidered pieces start falling off so those probably need to be glued on.

RRW 2016-08-31 07:30

Honestly, The biggest issue of the RG Sinanju is just the loose hips. The rest is your typical if not better quality than normal RG

xeviouses 2016-08-31 10:14

RG Sinanju arms droop with the rifle and shield, hips are loose too though I have no idea why. RG Zeta base perhaps?

That aside, any issues with RG 00 and [Q]ant?

Kuroi Hadou 2016-08-31 11:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5934910)
Didn't the rotating arm-guns/cannons already confirmed back then when we saw the pic of the 1/100 Lupus?

They were, I just didn't think to say it back then.

Quote:

And I didn't appreciate it .
You're no fun sometimes. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xeviouses (Post 5935292)
RG Zeta base perhaps?

The RG Sinanju used the RG Gundam Mk-II's inner frame, and I remember one review mentioning the RG Sinanju actually did interesting things with said frame like turning the shoulder joints around and attaching the Sinanju's gold-embroidered wrist parts where the Mk-II's actual hands were, so that might have contributed to the arm problems.

kgrodriguez 2016-08-31 18:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou (Post 5935168)
From the reviews I've seen, the arms don't seem to be able to maintain poses with much weight on them, and if you're not careful the gold-embroidered pieces start falling off so those probably need to be glued on.

If this is true, I might go with other RG kits first. One of the things I like the most about it are gold pieces.

Need your opinion people. I'm thinking of buying OO 1/100 kits (I think they are NG). Are they good?

Router25 2016-08-31 19:23

Quote:

RG Sinanju arms droop with the rifle and shield, hips are loose too though I have no idea why. RG Zeta base perhaps?

The RG Sinanju uses the MK II frame

Quote:

That aside, any issues with RG 00 and [Q]ant?
RG 00 has no issues aside from being careful around the GN drive assembly (you just have to make sure the grey vents are inserted correctly)
while the [Q]ant's issue might be the handles within the GN sword bits (which is pretty understandable since small parts tend to be very fragile)

mangatron 2016-08-31 19:58

Quote:

RG Zeta base perhaps?

Heh, no way, RG Zeta frame is paper thin. If Sinanju had that frame, you'd break it just building it :heh:

Skye629 2016-09-02 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by kgrodriguez (Post 5935602)
If this is true, I might go with other RG kits first. One of the things I like the most about it are gold pieces.

Need your opinion people. I'm thinking of buying OO 1/100 kits (I think they are NG). Are they good?

They are NG

Skip the Exia and 00/0 Raiser, since they already have MGs

They are mostly upscaled HGs

In the case of the S1 ones, The Overflag and Teiren are actually really good, they have details like actual military models. The other 3 gundams are nice from what ive seen, but they do require some paint apps, especially grey on the kyrios. The Astraea's are modified exias. The virtue is also nadleeh with the armor actually slapped on it I believe, which is pretty cool

The S2 ones are nice overall with one big downside, no waist articulation. They have the ability to have LEDs, though these are NOT the same ones you find on MGs. Theres also the designer color variants if you like the decals/pastel colors. The Seravee's pack is a ls also a fully functional Seraphim, so theres that

I'd say go for them if you like the designs and can find them for a decent price. Otherwise Id say just say for RE/100s (modern with great details) and the 1/100 IBO kits (good quality and inner frames)