AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Fafnir 2007-02-17 16:18

So... I'll probably get an MG Hi Nu when I get around to it. Although, I don't like the blue they use. Perhaps it would look nice in a warm red?

And the new Akatsuki model looks nice. I love the strike's design, so I may be tempted to pick up the Akatsuki(oh come on, we all know that the Ak is Strike MK2 in gold). But if I were to get any gold model, Astray gold comes first....

philmein 2007-02-17 18:19

Anyone know the exact date for the release of the Hi-Nu gundam?

mangatron 2007-02-17 18:20

Wow, Hi-Nu has a compact kneeling pose, as Dalong posed in one picture. Man I had problems doing that with my MG-Nu :heh: :heh:

Looks kinda good unpainted, although....never really thought about the silver. Looks.....chromed lol.

DarkWarrior 2007-02-17 18:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 836437)
Anyone know the exact date for the release of the Hi-Nu gundam?

Released in Korea, Feb 22nd for Japan.

philmein 2007-02-17 18:42

Sweet. Thanks.
Just pre-ordered off of HLJ.

sx3 2007-02-18 00:04

http://www.dalong.net/review/mg/m99/m99_i.htm

sx3 2007-02-18 00:05

sorry double post

MakubeX2 2007-02-18 04:48

http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d71670339

556,000 Yen at time of posting......

And growing....

philmein 2007-02-18 16:41

Sorry for bringing back old news, but for those who own the MG Strike Freedom, I have a question regarding the wing's wearing down issue: Is it true that if you keep rotating them back and forth, they'll eventually wear down. I read back a few hundred pages, and someone said that the parts must be perfectly lined up in order to prevent the wearing from happening. Is that true?

kaito-kid 2007-02-18 18:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 836840)
http://page4.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/d71670339

556,000 Yen at time of posting......

And growing....

WOW!! that s-freedom looks really really good. amazing details (especially on the wings):) at first, I hated it's wing system and the golden joints, but the goldish color on this model looks really neat and the details on the wings (the golden parts) looks awesome (hopefully they will use this redesigned s-freedom in the upcoming seed movie). anyway, this model shows me something that I didn't see in the originel S-freedom:) it looks different and unick!

but it's still no match for the sexyness of the original freedom:heh:

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-18 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 837296)
Sorry for bringing back old news, but for those who own the MG Strike Freedom, I have a question regarding the wing's wearing down issue: Is it true that if you keep rotating them back and forth, they'll eventually wear down. I read back a few hundred pages, and someone said that the parts must be perfectly lined up in order to prevent the wearing from happening. Is that true?

yes.

Iv not done much of said moving...prolly only a few times to pose it and whatnot...but one of the binders has gotten rounded on the inside making it hard for the mechanism to work properly

philmein 2007-02-18 18:43

Sorry for not totally understanding, but when you said "making it hard for the mechanism to work properly," did you mean the wings were loose or hard to move?

wavehawk 2007-02-18 22:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by M_Flores (Post 833709)
I don't see what's so appealing about these crystal versions, clear versions or even these extra finish versions. I just don't get it. They look kinda ugly IMO and look more toy, less gunpla to me.

- The "Crystal" versions on MG kits make sense to me, just like the "Clear Parts" for the Perfect Grade Gundam and Zaku--basically it shows off the MG's internal skeleton. For HGs, I'm not too sure, since there's no real reason for the clear parts, and as I've mentioned, I'm the kind of guy who likes painting his GunPla. The Extra Finish looks good ONLY if you like uber-shiny metal (I don't) and can work with Metallic-color Gundam Markers well enough to hide the bit-off pieces from the sprues.

Refer again to "Murphy's Laws of GunPla" -- majority of the kits are just recolors of an older kit. :p

Mildly Off-Topic: GunPla is a life-threatening hobby. Last tuesday I was cutting up some styrene plate to scratch-build some "Stutzer" parts--when I slipped and stabbed my left middle finger with an X-Acto knife. Ow.

Deus EpS Machina 2007-02-18 22:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 837362)
Sorry for not totally understanding, but when you said "making it hard for the mechanism to work properly," did you mean the wings were loose or hard to move?

read:
Quote:

4. Backpack: second favourite part of this kit after the new torso…and not because of the design (which is very nice with BEE-CRAFT’s lineart), or the inner frame in the racks (again, very nice in metallic grey), but because of the way it works. Its quite hard to explain but the wings do not move completely freely as one would expect. Notice how the DRAGOONs are exactly equally far apart? That isn’t because he did thm like that by hand, its because that’s the way the mechanism is made to act like. Each side has two wing, and in that above picture there are a couple facing the body of the MS and a couple facing outward. If you twist the outward-facing wings 90degrees, the DRAGOON racks will rotate by themselves to that position.
Thats the mechanism. Theyre not completely free-moving, if you move one, the other moves proportionately by itself. The bad part here is that its an ok part on the inside that allows the mechanism to work...its also not very hard and wears away quickly...maybe its just me, so i dunno. Thats about the only big problem i found. Its also fixable with some clever tactics...

rest of the review

philmein 2007-02-19 01:20

Hey, thanks for clarifying.
Gotcha.

One more question: Which type of sand paper is most appropriate for modeling? I've used one (not sure what type it was) but it really scratched a bit on my MG Freedom.

Kasiro 2007-02-19 04:57

Hi-Nu is awesome.

mangatron 2007-02-19 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by philmein (Post 837603)
Hey, thanks for clarifying.
Gotcha.

One more question: Which type of sand paper is most appropriate for modeling? I've used one (not sure what type it was) but it really scratched a bit on my MG Freedom.

I once bought a 800 grit and a 1200 grit, and I'll tell you, Mr 800 Grit was rough, and pretty much scratches anything, like what you said :heh:

The 1200 grit, however, is like abrasing without the the scratches that usually come along. The 1200 grit is so smooth, you'll wonder if you even sanded said area lol. So, I suggest, to start the sanding process, use a 800 or a 1000 Grit, and the 1200 grit to finish of the surface. You can consult here for more ideas on how many grits are usually around.

http://www.ehobbies.com/tools---supp...sandpaper.html

There's a 1500 grit! :heh: :uhoh:

On a side note, I'm kinda wondering what Gundam is left to MG'ize. Sure, there are many others, but I wonder which one deserves the treatment more :heh: more like, what's bandai gonna think of next....like bring us a new Perfect Grade or something, last two were some sort of event chromatic things, I want to see something new! I want to see......PG Nt-1 Alex! :heh:

(naw just kidding, I would like at least something with alot of gimmicks or weapons. Not stale and simple like my PG RX-78 :heh: , like, the PG RX-178 GP01 FB EFSF UNT....lol that's alot of acronymies:heh: I mean, there's mix and match power! And, I wonder if anyone manage to do a half GP01 Half FB model. Never seen someone do that to their PG GP01. I've gotta ask my brother to try that out lol)

DarkWarrior 2007-02-19 13:32

How Hi-Nu looks OOB with panel lines and decals, from Dalong.
http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/5237/m99pcn6.jpg

From what I can understand from the online translator, Dalong is predicting a score of 99.. which is pretty damn good. I think he said that the review will go up in a couple of days.. damn I wish I understood Korean.

Edit: Part 1 and Part 2 of the review are up.

Fome 2007-02-19 14:39

I wish that guy would learn how to panel line. He always just draws it on and never bothers wiping off the excess.

subaruhess 2007-02-19 14:47

Just finished my strike freedom MG and I dont if anyone has noticed this yet but its much taller than other destiny gundams of the same 1/100 scale (See picture).

Considering Beecraft worked on both models strike freedom is much taller than Legend, its kind of awkward posing them together because of this. Why is there just a big height difference between their designs?

(PS: some of you might recognize me, I'm the same subaruhess from figure.fm forum)