AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

beamknight87 2008-04-02 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1506399)
Expecting HGUC Hi-Nu & Nightingle to come?

hopefully :D

BTW, check this mod of the arms and knees of the Unicorn:
http://www.hobbyfanatics.com/index.p...c=13934&st=300

seems you have to do it VERY carefully, since if you screw up, you'll cry endless tears, but looks like the improvement is worth it

dodgethis_sg 2008-04-02 20:04

Honestly, I wouldn't expect the HGUC line to go into Beltrochika's Children MSs so soon. Look at how long it took for Bandai to come out with the Hi Nu from the Nu.

I want a HGUC Alpha Azrael. Man, that thing will be huge.

Critias 2008-04-02 20:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1505762)
Recall the Variable PS Gimmick. It's more like a hint/prelude that a MG Sword Impluse is on the way.

Sword Impulse > Aile Stri-Uh, Force Impulse

Tho, recreating the stabbing scene with 2 MGs is ace :D

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-02 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by EXEs (Post 1501923)

thanks =] +rep

GameraBaenre 2008-04-03 12:57

I shelved my current Hi Nu Conversion project since these little suckers came in last week. I'm planning on redoing all my tutorial videos using these and creating a new tutorial package. Progress page:
http://www.gamerabaenre.com/hguc_nu_prog.htm
Size comparison picture, using an hguc RGM-79D cold climate GM, this really shows off the shear massiveness that is the Nu.

I'm building three of these at the same time, one will just be snapped, one will be painted with pearls, and the last one will be weathered.... On one of the kits, I replaced the backpack thrusters with metal thrusters from Ako Hobby. I'm using the same thrusters for the legs as well. I start by cutting the thruster bell off the stock piece using a hasegawa tritool saw. These saws are very thin and the amount of material removed by the sawing process is minimal so they work great for such applications.

After removing the thruster bell, the area is then sanded slightly with a low grit sanding stick. This helps level the surface and give added surface area for the glue. The metal thruster is then glued into place. I used an epoxy glue for added strength.

Here are a few comparison shots, the first is the replaced leg thruster and the second is the backpack thrusters.

I think the bigger and longer thruster give a more robust look to the kit.

Astrana 2008-04-03 14:41

Nice work dude, these meta thrusters do look pretty sweet, bit pricy for me thou =P
hope to see the finished work soon

duotiga 2008-04-03 17:47

MG Force Impulse free web vid viewing ticket
Hobby Shop Midori says the first run of the MG Force Impulse Gundam will come with a ticket for a free viewing of a special pay-per-view video on the Net.

frm gunota

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-04 00:33

any tips on hand painting? what paint to use...be it acrylic or enamel. i heard somewhere for hand painting enamel with retarder works well. anyone know the ratio for that solution?

dodgethis_sg 2008-04-04 01:02

It's acrylic with retarder. Enamel itself has quite a long drying time. One or two drops per 5cc is more than enough.

Like_Clockwork 2008-04-04 01:08

alright thanks a ton +rep :)

duotiga 2008-04-04 07:47

pcoming merchandise pics
From Digitamin:
1/100 Gundam Astraea
MG Gelgoog Ver. 2.0
BB Senshi Sangokuden Sousou Gundam + Shibai Sazabi ~Miracle Of Guandu~

frm gunota

Shiro-Oh! 2008-04-04 08:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1509778)

Is there a major difference between Char's Gelgoog and this upcoming mass-production type besides the obvious color scheme? I've been wanting to get a Gelgoog for a long time now, I just can't decide which one to get.

astranagun 2008-04-04 11:26

Is the Gn-arms compatible with the 1\100 Gundams?And is the Strike-e a good model?

Thanks duotiga

duotiga 2008-04-04 11:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by astranagun (Post 1510021)
Is the Gn-arms compatible with the 1\100 Gundams?

is compatitble with Hg1/144 scale.......

Derringer 2008-04-04 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unknown Ace (Post 1509834)
Is there a major difference between Char's Gelgoog and this upcoming mass-production type besides the obvious color scheme? I've been wanting to get a Gelgoog for a long time now, I just can't decide which one to get.

They have different cosmetic features such as thruster number and different physical features on things like the backpack. There's probably a different weapon assortment as well on this new MG

Dragon-Emperor 2008-04-04 12:18

Can't help but ask:

When will the 1/100 overflag be released?

and is there any word on a GN-Flag yet? :D

Meehlimo 2008-04-04 18:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by astranagun (Post 1510021)
Is the Gn-arms compatible with the 1\100 Gundams?And is the Strike-e a good model?

Thanks duotiga

strike-e is a good model for its times there are better but i would buy it. i have 3 strike variations im goin for 4 this summer lol:heh:

duotiga 2008-04-04 21:30

1/100 overflag be released in May, see previous page

beamknight87 2008-04-04 23:49

Went along with a friend to both get a Unicorn model kit given that the store got a restock.

Holy crud, some parts of the armor look (and feel) QUITE delicate. If you exercise even little force when separating them from the runners, one can't help but to sweat a little and pray for not to screw up.
This thing comes with a monster sheet of decals and drytransfer markings, also, the psychoframe parts surprised me with their color. Yeah, they are pink, but no photo makes them justice to the real thing once you see it with your own eyes.

Also... 4 beam sabers? whoa, but only 2 translucent beam saber parts. Bleh.

Anyways, seems like a pretty good model, also, I'm of the opinion that the Unicorn mode looks more like a GM that doesn't suck lol

dodgethis_sg 2008-04-04 23:57

Why are you using force in the first place? You are supposed to use a proper cutter to get the part off the sprue. A good cutter needs next to no force to go through the plastic.