AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2008-07-18 04:52

Upcoming merchandise pics
From The Gundam Base:
HGUC Kämpfer
HGUC Rick Dom II (Colony Color)
Sangokuden Hero Encyclopedia: Korou Fortress Chapter
Sangokuden Hero Encyclopedia: Red Cliffs Chapter
HG AEU Enact (Demonstration Color)
HCM-Pro RX-78-2 Gundam Jaburo Defensive Battle
HCM-Pro Tallgeese
BB Senshi Sangokuden Ryomou Dijeh / Kannei Kämpfer Gou Assault Marines

duotiga 2008-07-18 04:55

MG RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0 commercial
Bandai Hobby has an entry for the RX-78-2 Ver. 2.0 on their Master Grade site with a 30-second commercial.

frm gunota

duotiga 2008-07-20 17:16

1/100 Tieren Gnd Type review unpaitned

http://www.geocities.jp/hobby_no_toriko/P61304671.jpg

JackRydden224 2008-07-21 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1735773)
on the other hand....this looks fake to me....


To all of you who noticed the force pack you are correct, but why does it have the force pack instead of the sword pack? That's because they are working on the sword pack, well, at least according to the scan. :eyespin:

This will indeed be a recolor with the addition of the sword pack (no force pack) and two Excaliburs. Similar kits has been released before. Astray Gold frame was released in the same type of box because it was simply a recolor of the Red frame.

Conclusion, this has the potential to be real.

MakubeX2 2008-07-21 04:11

The scan is confirmed to be fake. Since when does the Japanese resort to simplified chinese for their kanji ?

JackRydden224 2008-07-21 04:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1744549)
The scan is confirmed to be fake. Since when does the Japanese resort to simplified chinese for their kanji ?

LOL I see it now.

But then again, you just know Bandai will milk us with a sword/blast combo like they did with the strike -_-

Astrana 2008-07-21 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1744549)
The scan is confirmed to be fake. Since when does the Japanese resort to simplified chinese for their kanji ?

which ones are simplified?

duotiga 2008-07-21 09:59

who wants this to MGfied?

http://www.gundam.info/uploads/image...2659-41305.jpg

http://www.gundam.info/uploads/image...2712-69327.jpg

MakubeX2 2008-07-21 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Astrana (Post 1744681)
which ones are simplified?

How do you write "Sai Rin" in proper Japanese Kanji ?

Astrana 2008-07-21 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 1745156)
How do you write "Sai Rin" in proper Japanese Kanji ?

oh ya, good call

ZechsMarquis226 2008-07-21 20:11

Im new to the gundam model world, I honestly have no idea what im doing, and all i know is that i should use black gundam markers to detail some, but how am i supposed to paint them....Im such a noob!!!!

Also, can somewon please tell me the difference between 1/100 and 1/144? is there a size difference?

subaruhess 2008-07-21 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZechsMarquis226 (Post 1746362)
Im new to the gundam model world, I honestly have no idea what im doing, and all i know is that i should use black gundam markers to detail some, but how am i supposed to paint them....Im such a noob!!!!

Also, can somewon please tell me the difference between 1/100 and 1/144? is there a size difference?

Fitchenfoos guide should answer any potential 'noob' questions you might ask about gundam models, as for difference between 1/100 and 1/144 gundammad have a rough model size chart.

ZechsMarquis226 2008-07-22 01:24

Well that did explain some but i do have a few more unanswerd questions suuch as


1. What is the best scale to collect? 1/144 or the 1/100?

2. Are the action figures in the 1/144 scale?

3. I know that the 1/100 mostly are HG but whats the real difference between that and a 1/144 if you paint and detail both? Appearence wise i mean.

4. How do you Paint Beam Weapons? I have a deathscythe but the scythe is White =/

Subarunyon 2008-07-22 02:05

1. Depends on your conditions and preference. 1/144 and 1/100 are a matter of size. One thing to consider is that MG, the more popular line of gundam models (for good reasons) is only available in 1/100.
2. What line of action figures are you talking about? The MS in Action line are (mostly) 1/144. The Gundam Fix Figuration line is also 1/144, but there are other lines that have scales other than 1/144 IIRC
3. 1/100 HG vs 1/144 HG is just a matter of size in most cases (imo the exception to this is the Gundam X models, which have way more details in its 1/100 incarnation). Remember that in most cases, the newer the kit, the better the engineering is.
4. you can paint twice using airbrush, paint the overall beam colors first (usually green or red) then paint the shade colors at the base and tip. That's how my friend did it anyway.

JackRydden224 2008-07-22 04:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 1745116)

Spoiler:


Oh dang, I do, I do.

Just imagine a scene with Daizengar and Daitrombe....

duotiga 2008-07-22 07:37

MG Rx-78-2 ver 2 preview!!!!

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-69809-1-1.html

duotiga 2008-07-22 09:43

HGUC Kampfer

ZechsMarquis226 2008-07-22 20:36

Yeah I know about the details, But i can't seem to find 1/144 scales on the Gundam Wing movie models without them being the clear ones.

So spraying is better than Hand painting right? Well I'm sure thats true.

I do like the 1/100 scales but Not all suits are available in the 1/100 i think...

ALSO!!! I saw pictures on Ebay of a Musai Class cruiser....It was painted so well, had fades and everything, heres the URL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNDAM-0079-1-40...QQcmdZViewItem


Please, lol it discourages me seeing such well done paint jobs like this. I'm one of those people that thinks theres instructions on how to paint things the right way...but idk what

care to tel l me how thats painted?

trowa babeliii 2008-07-22 21:52

Quote:

Yeah I know about the details, But i can't seem to find 1/144 scales on the Gundam Wing movie models without them being the clear ones.

So spraying is better than Hand painting right? Well I'm sure thats true.

I do like the 1/100 scales but Not all suits are available in the 1/100 i think...

ALSO!!! I saw pictures on Ebay of a Musai Class cruiser....It was painted so well, had fades and everything, heres the URL.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUNDAM-0079-1-40...QQcmdZViewItem


Please, lol it discourages me seeing such well done paint jobs like this. I'm one of those people that thinks theres instructions on how to paint things the right way...but idk what

care to tel l me how thats painted?
Spraying is usually better than handpainted, but there are exceptions. depends a lot on your strong points.

probably u should know there's no shortcut. Not that there aren't instructions, but just like cooking, instructions can be given and followed but the taste will still differ from the chef's. most good models are done after continuous trying and testing. As for beam weapons that are white, you might want to just color them green and and do a bit of black markering on the lines. or i think there might be transparent parts for sale for those. i do own a deathscathe 1/144, so i know what you mean.

Have fun and taste joy with your kit, no matter how good/bad it turns out! it's the journey that counts!

ZechsMarquis226 2008-07-22 22:25

Its always easier to buy the action figures, but they wouldnt look as great as a well done model, + models are more rewarding. I know theres no short-cuts, I just wish i had the slightest clue on how to do things right, like sanding....no clue why i do that. And i do keep talking aout painting, I dont have a spray brush so i guess i'd have to hand paint, but i want my models to look freaking awsome!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.