AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Sir Dearka 2009-01-18 06:57

I like the detail, but there is just no enjoyment. The satisfaction that comes along with assembling and displaying the Gunpla is just too great to be taken away from such people like me. I like the Robot Damashii line for its quality, but only when Code Geass is considered. Gundam was always about assembling plastic kits to me.

Knight_SV 2009-01-18 07:09

HCM-Pro and MSiA/Robot Damashii is more intended for those who lazy on build gunpla... it is for people who is not a big fan on assembling plamo...

Sir Dearka 2009-01-18 07:15

Not really. In some cases, there are no other alternatives. I bought the Code Geass Offshoot (Gawain's predecessor) ones just because there were no plastic kits for them like Burai Zero Custom or Gawain.

As for MSiA, the mobility and quality leaves much room for wishes. I never bought one and I'd never buy one). They are basically just your regular toys, so a kid can play battles with other kids.

HCM Pro is a different story. But I don't like the size of the figures.

Dan the Man 2009-01-18 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2167521)
As for MSiA, the mobility and quality leaves much room for wishes. I never bought one and I'd never buy one). They are basically just your regular toys, so a kid can play battles with other kids.

You hit the nail on the head there. I have a few MSiA figures from back before I got into the models, and they're just action figures. swappable hands, mediocre posability, and they always came with soft rubber/vinyl/plastic/whatever weapons and parts that are always bent in a warped shape that NEVER, EVER want to be bent back to normal. Last time I checked, Zeta's Hyper Mega Launcher didn't veer to the left 20 degrees...

So yeah, unless you're buying them for a kid, not worth your time.

MakubeX2 2009-01-18 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2167521)
HCM Pro is a different story. But I don't like the size of the figures.

The good thing about them is you do not need much space to put them up for display. Great solution to those who live in small apartment.

LightningZERO 2009-01-18 07:23

But I can't justify myself to spend so much on a figure this small though...and I can't find it in my local shop too :D

Miyamoto Shin 2009-01-18 07:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight_SV (Post 2167506)
HCM-Pro and MSiA/Robot Damashii is more intended for those who lazy on build gunpla... it is for people who is not a big fan on assembling plamo...

Well, I won't comment on MSiA, but....as for Gundam Fix Figuration, I don't think that way...It's the only source for me to have a rare 1/144 models like Hyaku SHiki Kai, Crossbone Gundam, and Stuffs...

Sir Dearka 2009-01-18 08:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the Man (Post 2167529)
You hit the nail on the head there. I have a few MSiA figures from back before I got into the models, and they're just action figures. swappable hands, mediocre posability, and they always came with soft rubber/vinyl/plastic/whatever weapons and parts that are always bent in a warped shape that NEVER, EVER want to be bent back to normal. Last time I checked, Zeta's Hyper Mega Launcher didn't veer to the left 20 degrees...

So yeah, unless you're buying them for a kid, not worth your time.

I luckily bought none of MSiA, but the sole look at a couple of pics on ebay gave me the idea about them. Thanks for confirmation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2167534)
The good thing about them is you do not need much space to put them up for display. Great solution to those who live in small apartment.

Well, a couple of HCM Pros are indeed interesting. Like the combination of Destroy-Impulse and Freedom with its beam saber-pierce-through-Destroy effect. Also, theHeavyarms Gundam from Wing just scerams "buy me!" with its minigun effects. Still, to me the line is just overpriced. Just look at the HCM Pro Dynames. I love the suit, I have the GN Arms Type-D and 1/100 kit, and I intend to buy Trans-Am HG. Still, I don't find anything in the CHM Pro version that makes it worth getting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyamoto Shin (Post 2167541)
Well, I won't comment on MSiA, but....as for Gundam Fix Figuration, I don't think that way...It's the only source for me to have a rare 1/144 models like Hyaku SHiki Kai, Crossbone Gundam, and Stuffs...

I have a GFF Gundam Stamen with Weapon system myself and I really concur to your point of view. Now THIS line is worth the money. Proper scale, decent coloring and decal marking.

MakubeX2 2009-01-18 08:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2167577)
Well, a couple of HCM Pros are indeed interesting. Like the combination of Destroy-Impulse and Freedom with its beam saber-pierce-through-Destroy effect. Also, theHeavyarms Gundam from Wing just scerams "buy me!" with its minigun effects. Still, to me the line is just overpriced. Just look at the HCM Pro Dynames. I love the suit, I have the GN Arms Type-D and 1/100 kit, and I intend to buy Trans-Am HG. Still, I don't find anything in the CHM Pro version that makes it worth getting.

Well, there must be people investing in this line of toys, otherwise Bandai will discontinued them like they have with the FGs. And I can understand why if you take into the cramp living space like those of Japan.

Sir Dearka 2009-01-18 08:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2167582)
Well, there must be people investing in this line of toys, otherwise Bandai will discontinued them like they have with the FGs. And I can understand why if you take into the cramp living space like those of Japan.

Sure, I can also see why some of the people might buy it. And well, I have a big place, too ;)

Nightwing(T_T) 2009-01-18 09:47

Hmm no news on this delicious Masurao?

Knight_SV 2009-01-18 09:50

not yet, even arche who has appeared since eps 5 still not getting any kit treatment

duotiga 2009-01-18 09:55

boxart for mG zeta HD v2
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3485/...25ed8463fe.jpg

LightningZERO 2009-01-18 10:08

Pretty cool

But what's that, um, words under the name?

C.A. 2009-01-18 10:10

Attack use prototype variable form Mobile Suit.

LightningZERO 2009-01-18 10:14

I mean those 'autographs'

sandrum 2009-01-18 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightningZERO (Post 2167759)
I mean those 'autographs'

It's the greek letter "Zeta"

LoweGear 2009-01-18 10:25

The other letters besides that are "VMSAWRS" which is the acronym for Zeta's waverider system (Which stands for Variable Mobile Suit and Wave Rider System).

Evolve 2009-01-18 13:05

Err..
Then, why S Gundam also have this acronym?
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h7.../s-vwsawrs.jpg
taken from GFF 14 display stand

C.A. 2009-01-18 13:08

Because it can also go Waverider.