AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Sety 2006-09-09 05:09

How did you get that kind of black effect on the Gyan's main body? It has a really nice texture on the colour.

Sety 2006-09-09 05:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by kct
Actually, Crossbone does not need a Ver. Ka tag, because he originally designed the Crossbone anyway. So in other words, the original Crossbone is a Ver. Ka by itself >.> .

Katoki designed most, if not all the mobile suits in Crossbone <.< .

Well because its technically not as it appears in the series, Hajime Katoki's designs are usually extremely detailed and complicated so they often get simplified by another designer. Best example being Gundam Wing Ver. Ka vs Gundam Wing MS. Theres quite alot of subtle differences if you compare them.

sandrum 2006-09-09 06:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sety
Well because its technically not as it appears in the series, Hajime Katoki's designs are usually extremely detailed and complicated so they often get simplified by another designer. Best example being Gundam Wing Ver. Ka vs Gundam Wing MS. Theres quite alot of subtle differences if you compare them.

That's not really a good example since the Gundam Wing MS from the series was designed by Kunio Okawara not Katoki. The only reason I can think of for using KA in the title is that the manga's Crossbone was somewhat more cartoonish in appearance and less mechanical. That's only an opinion of course.

nightbringer360 2006-09-09 06:37

Not just subtle differences - big differences. The wing design, the chest design, the design of the Buster Gun ...
The Wing ver Ka is pretty much the WZC with transformation capability, a shield and two big wings instead of angel wings.

In any case, I am wondering why the Crossbone X1 doesn't come with the Peacock Smasher. You can certainly slap on the chest skull and crossbones to make it into Skull Heart, but where are the weapons?

kct 2006-09-09 07:53

Then a good reason is: the manga artists can't seem to follow Katoki's style >.> . This usually happens in mangas about Gundams.

MakubeX2 2006-09-09 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightbringer360
In any case, I am wondering why the Crossbone X1 doesn't come with the Peacock Smasher. You can certainly slap on the chest skull and crossbones to make it into Skull Heart, but where are the weapons?

If Bandai includes all of the weapons from the X-3 FIX, they'll need to slap another 1000 yen on the price tag of the X-1 MG.

Are you willing to folk out another 1000 yen just for the accessories ? Bandai thinks not. Besides they do not want the MG to draw all the attention from their FIX.

Sety 2006-09-09 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandrum
That's not really a good example since the Gundam Wing MS from the series was designed by Kunio Okawara not Katoki. The only reason I can think of for using KA in the title is that the manga's Crossbone was somewhat more cartoonish in appearance and less mechanical. That's only an opinion of course.

Katoki designed the first versions of Gundam Wing's Gundams, Okawara's Gundams were re-designs of Katoki's originals.

SNT1 2006-09-09 13:31

the muramasa blaster and peacock smasher are most definitely recolor material.

Strike Mk.II 2006-09-09 13:41

Quote:

Katoki designed the first versions of Gundam Wing's Gundams, Okawara's Gundams were re-designs of Katoki's originals.

Are you sure? Hajime Katoki did design all the Gundams for Endless Waltz, but as for the TV series Im sure Okawara was the original designer whilst Katoki had done some re-designs afterwards.
:confused:

SNT1 2006-09-09 14:00

yeah. Katoki' original gundam ver ka's were just that---original designs. They had to okawarize it for some reason.

Rich 2006-09-09 14:05

i DUNNO if this is mentioned yet but i heard there's 1/100 SAVIOUR COMING OUT NEXT MONTH XP XP XP

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3.../ban946730.jpg

SNT1 2006-09-09 14:08

yea, its been talked about already.... a pretty odd move for bandai (whats next, 1:100 GINN?)

Rich 2006-09-09 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNT1
yea, its been talked about already.... a pretty odd move for bandai (whats next, 1:100 GINN?)

hey hey i've been waiting for a 1/100 Abyss and Gaia all my life. it's odd for bandai to make a 1/100 Chaos and not Abyss and Gaia isn't it? :twitch:

hey well they've made 1/100 zaku already, why not ginn? that'd be interesting HAHA

GameraBaenre 2006-09-09 19:09

Quote:

How did you get that kind of black effect on the Gyan's main body? It has a really nice texture on the colour.

Masking tape. Just sprayed on one color, masked, then sprayed on the other colors. Pretty simple. :)

DarkWarrior 2006-09-09 19:53

Quote:

Really? Do you have some kind of source for this? I find this odd because we saw Okawara's Wing Gundam before the series even aired (final episode of G Gundam I believe) and websites like MAHQ say that the version Ka were designed later.

wavehawk 2006-09-10 00:15

Quote:

- Show me the site/article where it says this. Until then, I'll go with Okawara being the first designer for Wing TV series. When a hobby magazine says "Original Design", they mean the artist made an original design for something, NOT that the artist was the original designer of the mecha or whatever.

There are designs that were done by Katoki for the Wing TV series, but AFAIK (and I could be wrong) they were limited to the Leo and other mass-produced MS.

dodgethis_sg 2006-09-10 02:07

Pah. Genesic GaoGaiGar is Okawara's greatest work. Screw his Gundams. Woe betide anyone who says otherwise.

Nightengale 2006-09-10 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg
Pah. Genesic GaoGaiGar is Okawara's greatest work. Screw his Gundams. Woe betide anyone who says otherwise.

QFT.

Though the Genesic/GaoFighGar rejects were also extremely good.

cyw1988 2006-09-10 02:44

Saviour is releasing end of October so it'll only reach most of our countries early Nov.... =X argg I am so getting this... I hopw it comes with a Limited Edtion Stand as well...

MakubeX2 2006-09-10 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyw1988
Saviour is releasing end of October so it'll only reach most of our countries early Nov.... =X argg I am so getting this... I hopw it comes with a Limited Edtion Stand as well...

The promo pix from Bandai says nothing about Stand. So no Stand.

But you can always use back the one that was given away with the Legend.

But don't forget about the MG Strike IWSP that's going to release around the same time.