AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

duotiga 2012-12-15 17:44

Am done with RG Zeta
More poses once done with the stand
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...F6BE94AE2C.jpg

~Destiny~ 2012-12-15 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4476300)
I found what I was talking about on Z's site

http://gunpla-inochi.com/tools/display-stands/

Its the Hasegawa one, anyone know where I can find those?


As for the Damashii stands do you know if they have any connectors which work with HG kits?

And thanks guys for all the suggestions ^^

They have a peg on the tip which fits on most newer HGs(the ones with a hole on the bottom at least).
They also come with a few different sized "claws" that you could use

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-15 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4475886)
I think they're as good as action bases if not better. If you ever feel a joint is too loose, you could always tighten the screws. Plus they come in boxes of threes. :D

Well, like I said, Damashii Stage is not necessarily better nor worse than Action Base. Every display stand has its strength and weaknesses (yeah, that includes the price too). For example, I prefer Bandai's Action Base 1 that can hold HGs/RGs to 1/100/MG, and it's pretty cheap (you can get it for $4 or cheaper if you get a good deal).

@Duotiga.
Great build. Looking forward for the poses (as dynamic as you can get ;)).

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-16 01:54

Another topic, here's some pics from MG Nu Ka review for those who are interested:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Skye629 2012-12-16 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4475886)
I think they're as good as action bases if not better. If you ever feel a joint is too loose, you could always tighten the screws. Plus they come in boxes of threes. :D

Wait 18 or so bucks for 3 at once? Where do they sell it like this?

duotiga 2012-12-16 09:47

Manage to do these poses for now
Spoiler:

suiton629 2012-12-16 18:43

I was offered a trade... Is this a good one?

RG Aile Strike
RG Freedom
RG Skygrasper

And I get..

SD Age-1 (x3)
SD Age-2 (x2)
SD Age-3 (x3)

Should I do that or instead sell the RG kits myself and then get some MG kits later?

maknaedik 2012-12-16 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4477932)
I was offered a trade... Is this a good one?

RG Aile Strike
RG Freedom
RG Skygrasper

And I get..

SD Age-1 (x3)
SD Age-2 (x2)
SD Age-3 (x3)

Should I do that or instead sell the RG kits myself and then get some MG kits later?

That I'd rather do.

Skye629 2012-12-16 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4477932)
I was offered a trade... Is this a good one?

RG Aile Strike
RG Freedom
RG Skygrasper

And I get..

SD Age-1 (x3)
SD Age-2 (x2)
SD Age-3 (x3)

Should I do that or instead sell the RG kits myself and then get some MG kits later?

NO NO NO NO NO, imo RGs for some SDs are a crap trade unless u r desperate to get some stuff for the kids on Christmas

Do the bolded and underlined

suiton629 2012-12-16 21:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4478118)
NO NO NO NO NO, imo RGs for some SDs are a crap trade unless u r desperate to get some stuff for the kids on Christmas

Do the bolded and underlined

Yea. I was thinking that would be a better alternative since I could always get MG kits later or just use that money for like bills and whatever.

Thanks for the replies!

I think tomorrow I will list them on eBay and hope that someone buys it from me. :)

~Destiny~ 2012-12-16 21:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4476996)
Wait 18 or so bucks for 3 at once? Where do they sell it like this?

Im not sure if they all come in threes, but I know for sure the Act 4 and Act 5 ones do.

This is how they're packaged
It may look like there's only one base. but there's really 3 :heh:

duotiga 2012-12-16 22:42

In terms of value , you are under trade unless the trader willing to top up cash on top of it
Do your calculation

Zeydra 2012-12-16 23:50

Got some kits today. Several High Grades, the Age-FX, Ghirarga, and 00 Qant. Some might call me crazy for getting a High Grade Qant when it has a Master Grade, but I honestly prefer the look of the High Grade, and I also suspect it will give me less trouble posing that oversized Buster Sword.

Still expect the sword to weight too much to pose though :heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-16 23:58

@Zeydra
You're right. Posing the bigass Buster Sword is a lot easier for the HG 00 Qant than the MG. It can even hold it in a more dynamic poses. Something the MG can't do coz it depends on the additional stand.

@duotiga
Nice Zeta poses (even though I expect the poses to be more dynamic XD).

duotiga 2012-12-17 09:22

@ Obelisk ze Tormentor , doing the pose can be challenging though.....hence only do a few...even transformation to wave rider on another RG Zeta kit instead

suiton629 2012-12-17 12:02

Trying to sell some RG kits I have on eBay.
US buyers only. Sorry.

RG Freedom (new)
Item Number: 140898353165

RG Skygrasper (new)
Item Number: 140898356423

RG Aile Strike (new)
Item Number: 140898358128

Just wanted to know if you guys thought the price was fair. Thanks

Bonta Kun 2012-12-17 16:04

HG 1/144 Jesta Cannon

Really like this one, love the cannons. If we don't get a MG then might take up the task of making one myself:uhoh::p

MG 1/100 Stein

Well its it just glorious but that comes from me being rather biased since I know what it gets turned into:D

suiton629 2012-12-17 16:26

http://youtu.be/NB_fE5CVPYg

Yes! My package from Tatsu Hobby has finally been delivered!
=D

Skye629 2012-12-17 20:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ (Post 4478174)
Im not sure if they all come in threes, but I know for sure the Act 4 and Act 5 ones do.

This is how they're packaged
It may look like there's only one base. but there's really 3 :heh:

Ah ok thanks

I guess ill do some more digging around to see what else I can find before deciding to buy

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-17 20:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4478726)
@ Obelisk ze Tormentor , doing the pose can be challenging though.....hence only do a few...even transformation to wave rider on another RG Zeta kit instead

That's just fine, duo ;). I guess I just love challenges and like to pose my kit to its limit :heh:.

FalsePrime 2012-12-18 01:57

My day got totally Gundam AGE'd damn it.

Got up did my work out and low and behold Nu Ver Ka comes in not one but two days early.

I get it all signed for and then suddenly my wife comes out of know were and totally pulls a Flit and ruins my good mood by swipping it and telling me that I don't get it until X-Mas.

derrickmc63 2012-12-18 03:17

i just finished the RG RX-178 Mk II. This was of my favorite builds ever. This totally changed my mind about Real Grade kits. Everything looks good, the colors, the decals. This makes me want to pick up RG Zeta to go with it.
@FalsePrime tough break man, at least you have it now. Can't wait to hear about the build.

duotiga 2012-12-18 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmc63 (Post 4479701)
i just finished the RG RX-178 Mk II. This was of my favorite builds ever. This totally changed my mind about Real Grade kits. Everything looks good, the colors, the decals. This makes me want to pick up RG Zeta to go with it.

RG Aile Strike make me change the perspective of Real Grade Kit
Initially was kinda skeptical due to the size, but after fixing it ...it just "WOW" me
Mk II even WOW me further....
Zeta, Im happy with the result i have done , now shall wait for Destiny

so far the RG kits i have done is Aile Strike, skygrasper, Mk II (AEUG & Titans), Freedom/Justice , Zaku II mass production & Zeta

:eyespin::eyespin:

derrickmc63 2012-12-18 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4479878)
RG Aile Strike make me change the perspective of Real Grade Kit
Initially was kinda skeptical due to the size, but after fixing it ...it just "WOW" me
Mk II even WOW me further....
Zeta, Im happy with the result i have done , now shall wait for Destiny

so far the RG kits i have done is Aile Strike, skygrasper, Mk II (AEUG & Titans), Freedom/Justice , Zaku II mass production & Zeta

:eyespin::eyespin:

Yeah i really want to get the RG Zeta to have him side by side with the RG MK. II.

But i only have one kit on my mind for the next month. MG Nu Ver Ka. That is the only kit I want hopefully it will be a christmas gift.

duotiga 2012-12-19 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmc63 (Post 4480242)
Yeah i really want to get the RG Zeta to have him side by side with the RG MK. II.

But i only have one kit on my mind for the next month. MG Nu Ver Ka. That is the only kit I want hopefully it will be a christmas gift.

I only want MG Nu ver ka after i get the P Online Fin Funnel effect...most prob early next year

for now already have 3 RG Zeta (2 unfixed) & my 4th is coming ....:heh:

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-19 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4481353)
for now already have 3 RG Zeta (2 unfixed) & my 4th is coming ....:heh:

Duo, why do you need to buy 4 of the same RG Zeta kits for yourself? I can understand if you bought 2 for MS & MA mode display, but 4?:confused: If I were you, I'd rather use that money to buy multiple nice grunt suits like Jestas, ECOAS Jegans, ReZELs, etc.

~Destiny~ 2012-12-19 17:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4481798)
Duo, why do you need to buy 4 of the same RG Zeta kits for yourself? I can understand if you bought 2 for MS & MA mode display, but 4?:confused: If I were you, I'd rather use that money to buy multiple nice grunt suits like Jestas, ECOAS Jegans, ReZELs, etc.

One for standard colour and 3 more for each of the evolve colours? :heh:

duotiga 2012-12-19 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4481798)
Duo, why do you need to buy 4 of the same RG Zeta kits for yourself? I can understand if you bought 2 for MS & MA mode display, but 4?:confused: If I were you, I'd rather use that money to buy multiple nice grunt suits like Jestas, ECOAS Jegans, ReZELs, etc.

2 with RG Decals ,2 without it. The 1 without the decal to be put in office

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-12-19 20:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4482001)
2 with RG Decals, 2 without it. The 1 without the decal to be put in office

To be honest, that reason never crossed my mind :heh:. I always like my kits with decals if Bandai provide it ;).

suiton629 2012-12-20 00:59

Can you guys give me a quick review of the MG Wing Gundam (TV)??

duotiga 2012-12-20 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4482051)
To be honest, that reason never crossed my mind :heh:. I always like my kits with decals if Bandai provide it ;).

Have done no decal on 2nd RG Freedom

Heads up on MG Nu ver ka, looks like have some reports on flimsily fin funnels when attached together

FalsePrime 2012-12-20 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4482433)
Have done no decal on 2nd RG Freedom

Heads up on MG Nu ver ka, looks like have some reports on flimsily fin funnels when attached together

I've seen this at several places.

I must say at least from just looking in I'm honestly shocked at how simple it seems to be. Not that this is a bad thing, but between the transformation being just removing so many parts and the overall build looking like a relativily nice easy build I'm somehwhat surprised.

RX93-2 2012-12-20 04:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4482412)
Can you guys give me a quick review of the MG Wing Gundam (TV)??

Aren't you subbed to Vegeta8259? He has a good look at it on his channel.

duotiga 2012-12-20 06:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4482436)
I've seen this at several places.

I must say at least from just looking in I'm honestly shocked at how simple it seems to be. Not that this is a bad thing, but between the transformation being just removing so many parts and the overall build looking like a relativily nice easy build I'm somehwhat surprised.

RG zeta for the size is pretty heavy. The kit is as stable as RG MkII kit even on standing which surprise me too

Issue only comes when you try to put with the stand ....
Another issue is the beam saber hilt is quite small, got difficulty holding it

suiton629 2012-12-20 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX93-2 (Post 4482612)
Aren't you subbed to Vegeta8259? He has a good look at it on his channel.

Yes. I am subbed. But I want to hear other people's opinions. :)

derrickmc63 2012-12-20 12:30

if you like the wing gundam ms. then get it. it is a good representation of the ms in the anime.

suiton629 2012-12-20 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by derrickmc63 (Post 4483018)
if you like the wing gundam ms. then get it. it is a good representation of the ms in the anime.

Ok.

Do you think we will see a Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and later get a remastered version of Wing Gundam Zero EW (the one from the movie)...??

derrickmc63 2012-12-20 12:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4483020)
Ok.

Do you think we will see a Wing Gundam Zero (TV) and later get a remastered version of Wing Gundam Zero EW (the one from the movie)...??

if we do great, but if we don't, oh well maybe next time.

FalsePrime 2012-12-20 13:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4482686)
RG zeta for the size is pretty heavy. The kit is as stable as RG MkII kit even on standing which surprise me too

Issue only comes when you try to put with the stand ....
Another issue is the beam saber hilt is quite small, got difficulty holding it

Glad to hear it being compared to RG MK II as both Strike and Freedom left me cold and it's only been MK II that really made me think WoW when it came to the RG line thus far.

suiton629 2012-12-20 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalsePrime (Post 4483071)
Glad to hear it being compared to RG MK II as both Strike and Freedom left me cold and it's only been MK II that really made me think WoW when it came to the RG line thus far.

Real Grade kits from 00... I like the sound of that.... :p


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:34.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.