AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Chiu_fan 2013-02-19 09:32

Quote:

Can anyone read the japanese premium thing by the bandai logo? What does it say?
It says something about a Unicorn campaign special item(?) and a tri-age card of the Unicorn Banshee Norn to be included in the box. These special items would most likely only be released in the first batch of Banshe Norn kits.

My Japanese ain't that good but that's what I was able to roughly translate. Hope this helps.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-19 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4560155)
I agree that RD Aegis looks really good, but it does not transform, a negative point for me.

Well, since I never care about Aegis' MA Mode that much, being un-transformable isn't really a minus for me. All I care is the MS mode. ;)

If I really want to display Aegis in all its MA Mode glory, I would take the cheaper alternative by buying the HG 1/100 from bargain bin which already looks good enough. :D

suiton629 2013-02-19 11:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4560325)
Well, since I never care about Aegis' MA Mode that much, being un-transformable isn't really a minus for me. All I care is the MS mode. ;)

If I really want to display Aegis in all its MA Mode glory, I would take the cheaper alternative by buying the HG 1/100 from bargain bin which already looks good enough. :D

Yup.
If you want a Aegis in any scale to transform, get either the HG "Remaster", MG, or the HG 1/100...

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-19 17:56

Does any of you guys own the Robot Damashii Sinanju and either the RD Full Action Unicorn Gundam Destroy
or the Banshee? I'm thinking about getting the RD Sinanju, but I heard that above mentioned figures are not really in scale. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thx in advance

maknaedik 2013-02-19 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4560856)
Does any of you guys own the Robot Damashii Sinanju and either the RD Full Action Unicorn Gundam Destroy
or the Banshee? I'm thinking about getting the RD Sinanju, but I heard that above mentioned figures are not really in scale. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thx in advance

RDs are really out of scale. Most of the time, they're smaller than their HG counterpart. But I'd still buy an RD Sinanju when I get the chance.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-19 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4560856)
Does any of you guys own the Robot Damashii Sinanju and either the RD Full Action Unicorn Gundam Destroy
or the Banshee? I'm thinking about getting the RD Sinanju, but I heard that above mentioned figures are not really in scale. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thx in advance

I don’t have those RDs you mentioned, but here’s a size comparison:

(left) RD Unicorn Full Action – (right) RD Unicorn regular
http://www.gunjap.net/site/wp-conten...011/11/243.jpg

(left) RD Unicorn regular – (right) RD Sinanju
http://reggiocomics.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/264.jpg

(left) RD Sinanju - (right) RD Banshee
http://i2.ytimg.com/vi/IPtVD1rBaPM/mqdefault.jpg

link

Rising Dragon 2013-02-19 21:39

Lord, but this thread gets confusing to me at times, thanks to Robot Damashii and my bloody screen name.

firefox 2013-02-20 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4560856)
Does any of you guys own the Robot Damashii Sinanju and either the RD Full Action Unicorn Gundam Destroy
or the Banshee? I'm thinking about getting the RD Sinanju, but I heard that above mentioned figures are not really in scale. Can anyone confirm or deny that? Thx in advance

I have an RD sinanju, full action unicorn destroy mode and a old normal unicorn.

I did not measure the scales. The old normal RD unicorn and unicorn destroy mode are smaller then the new full action unicorn destroy and the yet to be released normal unicorn. Which of the 2 is the best in scale with sinanju i don't know, i think the full action, but not shure.

I don't see what the problem might be, RD's are not in exact scale, but it does not bother me.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-20 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4561394)
I don't see what the problem might be, RD's are not in exact scale, but it does not bother me.

Some people simply want their kits/figures to be in correct scale when posed together. ;)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-20 03:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4561416)
Some people simply want their kits/figures to be in correct scale when posed together. ;)

^This. Thanks @Obelisk and Firefo :) The Sinanju looks a little taller than the Banshee, so I will pick it up soon^^

firefox 2013-02-20 07:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4561446)
^This. Thanks @Obelisk and Firefo :) The Sinanju looks a little taller than the Banshee, so I will pick it up soon^^

I can take a picture this evening with sinanju and Full action unicorn destroy if that might help

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-20 07:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4561557)
I can take a picture this evening with sinanju and Full action unicorn destroy if that might help

That would be great if you could do that for me. Thank you :)

firefox 2013-02-20 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4561594)
That would be great if you could do that for me. Thank you :)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psb12d27c4.jpg

I have the impression that unicorn is slightly bigger then sinanju

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-20 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4561960)
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psb12d27c4.jpg

I have the impression that unicorn is slightly bigger then sinanju

Kinda looks like it... Thanks for the pic. The size-difference doesn't seem to be that far off between the two. On one of the pics Obelisk postet, they look fine together IMO. Just have to see for myself I guess^^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-20 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4562003)
On one of the pics Obelisk postet, they look fine together IMO. Just have to see for myself I guess^^

Actually, if you see my post again, the second picture is between RD Unicorn regular with RD Sinanju. They look good together because RD Unicorn regular is smaller than RD Sinanju so they’re in somewhat kinda correct scale. Firefox’ comparison is between RD Unicorn Full Action & RD Sinanju. RD Unicorn Full Action is closer to HG size than the regular one. So, Firefox is right when he said that Unicorn Full Action is bigger than Sinanju which is quite off-scale. Here’s a comparison pic between a RD Sinanju and HG Unicorn (which closer in size with RD Unicorn Full Action). They’re a bit modified by the owner but it doesn’t change their size:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
So, if you want both RD Sinanju & RD Unicorn to be in (somewhat) correct scale together, don't buy the Full Action one. ;)

Maybe duotiga who owns anything unicorn can confirm this? Or not?

Skye629 2013-02-20 21:37

Anyone know where to get RD figures for a good price? IMO they're a bit overpriced being of the same price as an expensive HG or a regular MG release. while at the same time being even smaller

duotiga 2013-02-21 00:08

I'll need to take pictures tonight to do the comparison

maknaedik 2013-02-21 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4562394)
Anyone know where to get RD figures for a good price? IMO they're a bit overpriced being of the same price as an expensive HG or a regular MG release. while at the same time being even smaller

Anything that's pre-built will always be expensive. They have all the necessary paint apps even though they are smaller in size.

I just want an RD Sinanju so I can play with it the whole day without worrying its joint will get loose. However, it's quite rare nowadays. Thinking of buying an Advanced GN-X Deborah Galena use but it's quite pricey.

Skye629 2013-02-21 01:39

Can anyone suggest fixes to the HG Harute?

My problems:
-Weak ankles and feet
-Back heavy (ok this dont count)
-Front Skirts fall off often
-Legs come off waist easily due to hip connection

Needless to say its a bitch to pose, I have it in the "standing" pose while using the back parts to lean against the back of my display case

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-21 03:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4562367)
Actually, if you see my post again, the second picture is between RD Unicorn regular with RD Sinanju. They look good together because RD Unicorn regular is smaller than RD Sinanju so they’re in somewhat kinda correct scale. Firefox’ comparison is between RD Unicorn Full Action & RD Sinanju. RD Unicorn Full Action is closer to HG size than the regular one. So, Firefox is right when he said that Unicorn Full Action is bigger than Sinanju which is quite off-scale. Here’s a comparison pic between a RD Sinanju and HG Unicorn (which closer in size with RD Unicorn Full Action). They’re a bit modified by the owner but it doesn’t change their size:
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
So, if you want both RD Sinanju & RD Unicorn to be in (somewhat) correct scale together, don't buy the Full Action one. ;)

Maybe duotiga who owns anything unicorn can confirm this? Or not?

I already have the Full Action Unicorn :D And a bunch of the HGUC Unicorns. The RD is a little smaller than the HGUC. So, going by your pic, the Sinanju should still be a little bit taller than the Full Actiob Unicorn.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-21 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4562685)
I already have the Full Action Unicorn :D And a bunch of the HGUC Unicorns. The RD is a little smaller than the HGUC. So, going by your pic, the Sinanju should still be a little bit taller than the Full Actiob Unicorn.

Ah, it's fine then. Go get your RD Sinanju before it's out-of-stock! :D

Skye629 2013-02-21 05:28

G-Xiphos Boxart!!!!

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/1...new-image.html

Skye629 2013-02-21 05:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4562762)

If there is something about AGE that does not disappoint, its the HG boxarts :D

EDIT: FUUUUU did it again, hit quote instead of edit, FAILLLLLLL, slams head on desk

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-21 05:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4562700)
Ah, it's fine then. Go get your RD Sinanju before it's out-of-stock! :D

I will :D Found it pretty cheap on ebay^^

duotiga 2013-02-21 08:24

ok on the left is RD unicorn , right is HGUC unicorn

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...3802D408F3.jpg

Providenceangle 2013-02-21 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4562894)
ok on the left is RD unicorn , right is HGUC unicorn

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...3802D408F3.jpg

Do I spy, uncut gates on the HGUC Unicorn's wrist armor? ;)

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-02-21 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4562894)
ok on the left is RD unicorn , right is HGUC unicorn

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...3802D408F3.jpg

Thanks, thats seals the deal for me. Sinanju will be bought next week :D

Skye629 2013-02-21 19:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4562769)
I will :D Found it pretty cheap on ebay^^

How cheap?

ingram1106 2013-02-21 22:50

http://uproda11.2ch-library.com/380303flA/11380303.jpg

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-21 23:14

^ Oh Yesss!!! Though I’ll be a lot happier if it’s MG ver 2.0, this is also okay. It’ll be the best GP01 kit after the PG without any doubt. :)

Rising Dragon 2013-02-21 23:31

What Gundam is that?

casval cehack 2013-02-21 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingram1106 (Post 4563953)

Bravo Bandai!! An easy Zephyranthes full vernian in the near future.

duotiga 2013-02-21 23:57

Unexpected RG move by bandai yet again & I'm happy about it ^^

maknaedik 2013-02-22 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 4564027)
Unexpected RG move by bandai yet again & I'm happy about it ^^

LOL at the RG Test Pattern. And will say another LOL if the FB version will become an exclusive.

Edit: So MG Aile Strike HD got extra battery packs for Perfect Strike :)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-22 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4564006)
What Gundam is that?

RD, you don’t know about GP01? :twitch: I’m surprised. It's the main Gundam piloted by Kou Uraki in Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. It's the first iteration before upgraded into Full Burner for space battle. It's already made into MG & PG. IIRC GP01 is also known as Zephyranthes.

Rising Dragon 2013-02-22 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4564103)
RD, you don’t know about GP01? :twitch: I’m surprised. It's the main Gundam piloted by Kou Uraki in Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. It's the first iteration before upgraded into Full Burner for space battle. It's already made into MG & PG.

I know what the GP01 is. I'd also like to point out that it's been many years since I watched 0083, and that the recent trend in models don't quite match the old linearts and such. So no, I didn't recognize it as the GP01.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-22 01:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4564108)
I know what the GP01 is. I'd also like to point out that it's been many years since I watched 0083, and that the recent trend in models don't quite match the old linearts and such. So no, I didn't recognize it as the GP01.

Sorry, I didn’t catch your sarcasm. :p

Anyway, I beg to differ. The design is easily recognized as GP01. What’s so “not GP01” about it, if I may ask?:confused:

Rising Dragon 2013-02-22 01:32

All the little extra details assorted on the model, along with how long its been since I watched 0083, and the fact that the lineart makes it look a bit wider than that model image portrays it as, more or less.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-02-22 01:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4564124)
All the little extra details assorted on the model, along with how long its been since I watched 0083, and the fact that the lineart makes it look a bit wider than that model image portrays it as, more or less.

I see.

Though if I have to be honest, since the first MG RX-78-2 came out a long time ago, Gundam models have been modding the original design a lot by adding extra details and change things around a bit. It’s not something new in the world of Gunpla and that’s actually what good models are supposed to be imo: more details and refined design than what we saw in the anime/original art. ;)

Skye629 2013-02-22 01:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by ingram1106 (Post 4563953)

omygodomygodomygod

yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesye syesyesyesyesyesyesyes!!!!!!!!!!!

Wwwoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happpppppyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!


The new MG Strike HD looks killer btw

BANDAI STAHP!!!!!!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:29.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.