AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2014-02-03 20:12

Awwww yeaahhh
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9AGxMU1CHd...BANM140242.jpg



Eh, anticlimatic
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lDfYkCuoVx...BANM140234.jpg

Chiu_fan 2014-02-03 21:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4999980)

Looking back at the scenes with this unit, it never really moved all that much to begin with(except for the special weapon round). All it did was just stand/float in most of the screen time it gets.:heh:

LoweGear 2014-02-03 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 5000058)
Looking back at the scenes with this unit, it never really moved all that much to begin with(except for the special weapon round). All it did was just stand/float in most of the screen time it gets.:heh:

Qubeley Papillon is the God Mars of Gunpla: Doesn't need to move because it's just too powerful. :uhoh:

Skye629 2014-02-04 20:02

Impulse buy!

HG Sengoku Astray lol

Was really tempted to get the 2 Fenice's my store had, but I remembered that I had some other expenses I needed to cover so I had to settle with one kit T^T


Also two online exclusives, the old 1/144 Sumo, but gold and silver plated

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yoDf3ME_AQ...s1600/1wer.jpg

Providenceangle 2014-02-05 13:15

I thought the DM exia was bad...

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Tak 2014-02-05 13:46

I knew the Strike was popular, but hot damn, its way too popular.

- Tak

monster 2014-02-05 13:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5001820)
I knew the Strike was popular, but hot damn, its way too popular.

- Tak

Well, the Strike is a pretty basic gundam design, allowing people to easily use it as a base for their own gundam creation.

Although, this is a modified Build Strike, isn't it? So it makes sense as it is the main gunpla of the current series.

Strigon 13 2014-02-05 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 5001780)
I thought the DM exia was bad...

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?

Tak 2014-02-05 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 5001825)
Well, the Strike is a pretty basic gundam design, allowing people to easily use it as a base for their own gundam creation.

No no, we know the Strike is pretty much the Panzer IV of all Gundams, but its popularity is somewhat overwhelming :heh:

I mean, its a great all purpose design, but hot damn, this thing is still going! :D

- Tak

monster 2014-02-05 14:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tak (Post 5001875)
No no, we know the Strike is pretty much the Panzer IV of all Gundams, but its popularity is somewhat overwhelming :heh:

I mean, its a great all purpose design, but hot damn, this thing is still going! :D

- Tak

It's due to Build Fighters. That's the power of shows as advertising machines.

Providenceangle 2014-02-05 15:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5001838)
I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?

The Hi-Nu and Nu are great HG kits. Very little work to make them look great!

I don't have the HG Full Armor but, the HG Unicorn Destroy, which it's based on, is a nice kit.

You're going to have to put in, some serious work, to get the tallgeese 1/144 to look EW movie good. It's a decent kit though.

~Destiny~ 2014-02-05 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strigon 13 (Post 5001838)
I actually liked it. Althought the backpack is a little... edgy.

On a related note, I'm thinking on getting some of these models at the end of the month:

-HG UC Hi-Nu Gundam (1/144) (weirdly, it's cheaper here than the HG 1/144 Nu Gundam by like $10)
-HG Full Armor Unicorn (1/144)
-HG Tallgeese III (1/144)
-HG Wing Gundam (1/144)

Somebody has any experience with one of those before?

Hi Nu is cheaper because it's smaller, and only 2 of it's funnels can actually come off and open, unlike it's brother the Nu where all 6 funnels are deployable. Still it's a very good model

HG full armor Unicorn, also a good kit, limited poses though, mainly due to all it's weapons getting in the way. Unlike it's MG counterpart, it can actually hold out it's arm while holding it's weapons. Only downside imo is that it doesnt come with the 2x beam javelins.

HG Tallgeese III. Not bad by any means BUT it's age really shows. Simple polycap connections for every joint, which btw will loosen up very fast if you play around with it too much. It'll need quite a paintjob on it to look good. All things considered it's not bad for a 16 year old kit, although you may not want to bother with it unless you're willing to put in alot of effort.

HG Wing... Buy it. Buy it now. :heh:

Skye629 2014-02-05 20:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 5001879)
It's due to Build Fighters. That's the power of shows as advertising machines.

Actually the Strike was going strong even before Build Fighters, its a classic design, especially in Japan

Build Fighters is just milking off that popularity so Bandai have more excuses to make variations xD

monster 2014-02-06 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5002169)
Actually the Strike was going strong even before Build Fighters, its a classic design, especially in Japan

Build Fighters is just milking off that popularity so Bandai have more excuses to make variations xD

After a quick search, it seems that, aside from the Daggers, there are really only 3 actual variants of the Strike: the Strike Rouge, the Strike Noir, and the Gale Strike. Most of everything else is probably just putting a different pack on one of these 4 mobile suits.

So yeah, the Striker pack system definitely aids in producing variations, and I suppose it kind of fits the theme of modifying gunpla for Build Fighters.

AHT 2014-02-06 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5001018)
Impulse buy!

HG Sengoku Astray lol

Was really tempted to get the 2 Fenice's my store had, but I remembered that I had some other expenses I needed to cover so I had to settle with one kit T^T


Also two online exclusives, the old 1/144 Sumo, but gold and silver plated

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yoDf3ME_AQ...s1600/1wer.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-seVvdmAXqG...59862176_n.jpg

Providenceangle 2014-02-06 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 5002399)
After a quick search, it seems that, aside from the Daggers, there are really only 3 actual variants of the Strike: the Strike Rouge, the Strike Noir, and the Gale Strike. Most of everything else is probably just putting a different pack on one of these 4 mobile suits.

So yeah, the Striker pack system definitely aids in producing variations, and I suppose it kind of fits the theme of modifying gunpla for Build Fighters.

The difference with build fighters, is that it's someone's idea to sell kits, without making ones that could fail(AGE), or would cost a lot to develop.

We've gotten more kits from old shows, in the last 4 years, then I could have ever predicted...

I hope bandai goes over it's other seed HG kits. It'd be nice to get a new ageis, blitz, buster, duel. At the very least. Maybe some more MG bad guy seed kits. Gaia, I'm looking at you!

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-06 10:41

On another topic, I hope Iím not the only one who wants the new HGCE line to continue and not stop after Strike & Rouge. Those Gundams and other suits who likely will never get made into 1/100, RG, and MG (for whatever reason) like the Trio Gundams, Providence, CGUE, DiNN, etc really need the upgrade in HG tech. I myself canít wait to get a proper Forbidden with the right proportion and proper scythe & cloak, not the deformed version that is the old HG. Not to mention the long-overdue Blast Impulse :mad:.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-06 20:08

> HGCE GuAIZ never

firefox 2014-02-07 02:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5003260)
> HGCE GuAIZ never

I still await a 1/144 hg or 1/100 Slash Zaku phantom (blue) and a windam.

They gave us 2 new mdoels with the seed re-edit, why not with destiny???

Skye629 2014-02-07 17:25

Booooo clear parts, I preferred the normal solid colors, they stand out much better for the Banshee

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Bg-YZ_Sxy9...c/s1600/lk.jpg

Knight_SV 2014-02-07 18:46

Banshee norn destroy mode definitely must buy for me

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-08 01:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5004300)
Booooo clear parts, I preferred the normal solid colors, they stand out much better for the Banshee
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

You know what? I agree with you. The solid frame is better-looking. I have MG Banshee with the clear parts so I can tell. Oh well, more reason for me to buy the regular HG Banshee (I only have the clear-sparkle version in Novel form). Of course, I can always paint those frames solid, but I doubt the result will be as good.

On another topic: looking back, I'm glad I didn't waste my money to buy the MG Armed Armor DE for Unicorn. Now that we have Phenex and Banshee Norn, those big shields are everywhere :uhoh:.

crazycollectorhd 2014-02-08 11:43

I am new here. Hi.
Did they make any model toys for GGUNDAM?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-08 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycollectorhd (Post 5005218)
I am new here. Hi.
Did they make any model toys for GGUNDAM?

You can check out this link. All those model kits are from G Gundam series ;).

Patriot's Blade 2014-02-08 12:05

Gundam Unicorn Phenex....... poor Delta Gundam...... while he's being stuck as Hyakku Shiki, someone else managed to grab the crown title of the GOLDEN Gundam of the UC world & his kid, the Delta Plus is somehow this brown-ish grey scheme unlike his dad........ :uhoh::heh:

crazycollectorhd 2014-02-08 13:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 5005246)
You can check out this link. All those model kits are from G Gundam series ;).

Which one is the best one? How come they don't have the Perfection level model toys for GGundam?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-08 13:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycollectorhd (Post 5005343)
Which one is the best one? How come they don't have the Perfection level model toys for GGundam?

In terms of quality, the best are the MG (Master Grade) kits. So far G Gundam only has MG God Gundam, MG Master Gundam, MG Shining Gundam , MG Spiegel Gundam, MG God (Hyper Mode), and MG Master (Hyper Mode).

Beside MG, HGFC (High Grade Future Century)-line is the next best thing because: 1) It has Mobile Suits and gimmicks that don’t get made into MG like Nobel, Fuunsaiki, and Master Gundam’s enormous hand-effect. 2) It’s smaller & more simple than MG so it's easier to build (especially for first-timers). If you’re new to Gunpla, I suggest you pick the HGFCs first before stepping into building the MGs.

“Perfection level model toys”? Do you mean a PG (Perfect Grade)? If that’s what you meant then the answer is: the mechas in G Gundam series are not popular or promising enough to be made into Perfect Grades.

crazycollectorhd 2014-02-08 15:00

Oh.
So I want the Shiny Gundam and God Burning Gundam in the Master level. Where can I buy it online the cheapest and fastest delivery time?

Skye629 2014-02-08 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycollectorhd (Post 5005449)
Oh.
So I want the Shiny Gundam and God Burning Gundam in the Master level. Where can I buy it online the cheapest and fastest delivery time?

Depends where you live and how much you order

For example in US if you order in bulk/multiple kits then the best place is Hobbywave, since they only ship to the US/Canada with a FLAT shipping rate

Single kits you can get from a variety of online stores, the main deciding factor being shipping costs for those outside of Asia/Pacific Islands

If you are in Asia/Pacific Islands then you have much better access to Gunpla and supplies than anywhere else in the world

crazycollectorhd 2014-02-08 17:04

I live in the eastern section of US.

loon1688 2014-02-08 20:00

Hi guys, Long time didn't post my collections.... haha...
RG Strike Freedom Gundam....
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

NeutralZero 2014-02-09 07:17

Haaah
Almost cry at the sight of that RG SF...
reminds us of our very own ver that mechanics, force and gravity dismantled...

DuelGundam2099 2014-02-09 10:00

So yeah, yesterday I got one of those new F91 high grades (movie version cause I don't read manga). This time there were less nipper marks than the Gogg, but not without the casualty of beam saber parts heavily resembling sprews so now I have to flip them in the saber hilts upside down.:(Took me four hours to get the main body complete, I still need to do the VBSRs and beam launcher.

BTW I also saw a bunch of model kits that resembled this:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...gdDogaopen.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig02/10024413.jpg

The weird thing is I didn't see an HG/MG/RG etc logo on them. There were plenty for late UC, SEED, and Age with a bit of Wing, anybody know what these kinds of models are?

Zantetsuken 2014-02-09 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 5006284)
So yeah, yesterday I got one of those new F91 high grades (movie version cause I don't read manga). This time there were less nipper marks than the Gogg, but not without the casualty of beam saber parts heavily resembling sprews so now I have to flip them in the saber hilts upside down.:(Took me four hours to get the main body complete, I still need to do the VBSRs and beam launcher.

BTW I also saw a bunch of model kits that resembled this:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...gdDogaopen.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig02/10024413.jpg

The weird thing is I didn't see an HG/MG/RG etc logo on them. There were plenty for late UC, SEED, and Age with a bit of Wing, anybody know what these kinds of models are?

I think those are the really old kits that came before the modern HG. Could be wrong though

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-09 10:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 5006284)
BTW I also saw a bunch of model kits that resembled this:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...gdDogaopen.jpg

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig02/10024413.jpg

The weird thing is I didn't see an HG/MG/RG etc logo on them. There were plenty for late UC, SEED, and Age with a bit of Wing, anybody know what these kinds of models are?

They are the NG (No Grade) kits which varied between 1/550 to 1/60 IIRC. They were pretty common actually. Not just on late UC series, but also for newer series like the popular NG 1/144 & NG 1/100 from SEED & 00. For example:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig08/10087900.jpghttp://www.1999.co.jp/itbig08/10087901.jpg

As for AGE, it has a certain line of simple kits called AG (Advanced Grade) IIRC. Some kits are called HY2M and some really big ones are called Mega-Size.

DuelGundam2099 2014-02-09 11:25

Thanks again, Ozy! Are NGs any good though?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-02-09 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 (Post 5006366)
Thanks again, Ozy! Are NGs any good though?

If you like simple kits, then they’re pretty OK. Many of them still needs some touch-ups though (painting and all that jazz). The quality also differ from each line. The best move is to check out some video reviews before you decide to buy the kits (youtube is your friend). For example, almost all NG 1/100 from SEED are bad with okay-to-abysmal proportions. Still, the NG 1/100 from Astray or VS Astray series are mostly decent. You’ll get a kick out of them. Oh, the NG 1/100 from 00 are mostly excellent too except for the NG 1/100 00-Raiser where its GN Drives on the shoulders cannot support the heavy 0 Raiser and the Gundam itself has no waist articulation. By the time Gundam 00 movie is released, the NG 1/100 kits have become extinct. Probably because Bandai thought it’s redundant and only cause conflict with the MG sales.

RX93-2 2014-02-09 13:16

The 00s1 ones are pretty universally excellent, I own a Dynames, Overflag and plan to pick up a Tieren from the line. The Arios (own) and Cheridum (seen irl) are also pretty good.
SEED(D) wise the Saviour is great, I heard good things about the providence and legend as well.

Strigon 13 2014-02-09 13:47

00 kits in general are pretty sturdy and look good even with small details.

I have the bandai HG Cherudim GNHW/R, and a HG bootleg Kyrios; for this last one, I've compared it with the original bandai HG Kyrios and there's little to no difference (only stickers are different and the shield is a little loose on the bootleg). I algo bought a HG 1/144 Destiny that still haven't found time to assemble, however from youtube/blog reviews it shows that's actually pretty sturdy too.

ZeroXSEED 2014-02-09 20:04

I have 1/144 HG destiny and my only problem is the massive wing effect part which can be remedied by action base. By far, this is the largest effect part I ever seen in 18 meter class gundam HG, and it's really cool.

And since Destiny came with default stand, there shouldn't be any problem at all.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:05.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.