AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kill La Kill (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139)
-   -   Kill La Kill - Episode 23 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=125025)

MCAL 2014-03-20 22:59

Now that was pretty epic. Unfortunately I felt there was something lacking in the first ten minutes or so, but the episode picked itself nicely. Still Kill la Kill hasn't taken any 10/10s from me.

9/10 by the way...

LightDragonman 2014-03-20 23:00

Man, epic does not even describe the events that have transpired.

Also, I found it heartwarming that Satsuki also now considers the Mankanshokus her family as well at the end. :3

Death Usagi 2014-03-20 23:09

Mako's Hallelujah was just too hilarious.

BoyTitan 2014-03-20 23:18

The ragyo this isn't even my final form memes are just pure gold now.

Monkey boy didn't get yamchad and has his sight back now.

I even liked Mako this episode the little mako that could run.

There is still dust getting in my again and water coming out my eyes idk why.

This series is finnaly giving me those fight on threw life feels Gurran Lagann was giving me this series was missing that for a few eps.

I have seen a tone of final forms in my day I am not even scarred of clowns...but ragyo final form is the type of stuff that if I had super powers and had to fight that shit I would be shitting bricks right now.

Gravitas Free Zone 2014-03-20 23:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 5051483)
I wonder what absorbing Rei accomplished though. I'm also kind of hoping it'll have an even more evil looking transformation.

Giant Naked Rei awaits?

The Naked Sol broke in two. Two very large blade-shaped objects.

:hmm:

BoyTitan 2014-03-20 23:38

Also her final form while terrifying is a work of art. It is a warped version of a religious painting damn near I think mother teresa. You can really see the influence when she is devouring the girl I had to pause a few times to appreciate the art work.

Wandering Soul 2014-03-20 23:50

This episode was just amazing and brought back some nostalgia form watching TTGL. Ryoko's plan was great and I love how they took advantage of Raygou's smug personality. The Elite four was great too although I don't know how I feel about the dude getting his sight back. Satsuki also knows how to tug on everybody's heartstrings. I loved how Nui interrupted the ending so now we know that the real final battle is about to begin.

FlareKnight 2014-03-21 00:57

That was a pretty fun episode. Mako did a great job and pretty fun how she decided to start up the turbine like that :).

A good fight put up against Ragyou there. She was tougher than I thought, making it tough for Satsuki and Ryuko to do much against her. A good plan to play the decoy and let Ryuko wreck havoc. A good split of duties that's for sure. And nice that those four came to back her up so Ragyou couldn't actually exact any sort of vengeance over Satsuki there.

I have to say the more insane Nui gets the more fun her character becomes :D. She's just completely filled with hate and insanity and it's pretty cool to watch. Not sure how combat effective she'll be, but I'm sure her eventual death will be epic.
Quote:

Originally Posted by the one above all (Post 5051552)
This episode was just amazing and brought back some nostalgia form watching TTGL. Ryoko's plan was great and I love how they took advantage of Raygou's smug personality. The Elite four was great too although I don't know how I feel about the dude getting his sight back. Satsuki also knows how to tug on everybody's heartstrings. I loved how Nui interrupted the ending so now we know that the real final battle is about to begin.

Well to be fair it's not like he was actually blind. If Iori could sew his eyes shut he should have enough skill to...unsew them :heh:. Probably the best move anyways. Not like his going blind thing was particularly impressive past the one episode he owned Ryuko in.

Allium 2014-03-21 01:50

That was an epic penultimate episode, and I agree that the action is reminiscent of TTGL. I thought the original Life Fiber would put up more of a fight, but it went down rather smoothly. It was good to see Ryuuko and Satsuki actually working as a team.

Really hyped for the final showdown. Besides a 'Mother Of The Year' Award, Ragyo should win one for Best Costumes too. Having Nui interrupt the ending sequence was a nice touch.

Hero of the day 2014-03-21 01:58

Sweet mother of God. I had multiple convulsions after this episode. Everything was just perfect. I never thought there would be new uniforms for the elite 4 since Trigger gave us that preview where they still had their MKIII uniforms on.

That being said, the Mk 1's are still the best and cool looking. Gama and Inumuta were okay but the others... my sides. They way they left the naked sun and jumped on Ragyo was damn satisfying. I'm not sure what exactly happened with Sanageyama's encounter with Ragyo though. Something about enlightenment? Seeing his eyes again just looks strange, something to get used to it I guess :heh:

Also Hakodate and Fukuroda OTP? I approve.

quigonkenny 2014-03-21 02:00

I want the version of Nui's theme that played after the Naked Sun killed the OLF Lavos. Proving once again she has the best leitmotif...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst (Post 5051528)
Giant Naked Rei awaits?

I guess now we know why Hououmaru was named the way she was...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst (Post 5051528)
The Naked Sol broke in two. Two very large blade-shaped objects.

:hmm:

Foreshadowing much?

juventus95 2014-03-21 02:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allium (Post 5051620)
Really hyped for the final showdown. Besides a 'Mother Of The Year' Award, Ragyo should win one for Best Costumes too.

She gave birth to two fantastic daughters. One will rule over the world. One is strong as hell. She has done more than enough. Now she can go disappear with the Original Life Fiber.

Gan_HOPE326 2014-03-21 02:59

Highlights of the episode:

- Mako is clearly OVER 9000! (no, seriously, look at that display)

- Mako being generally badass and doing the "Must. Protect. Friends." routine

- The Mk3 3-star uniforms look SO COOL. I love how they went for a sleeker design more reminiscent of the released Kamuis. Maybe it means they actually have an higher percentage of Life Fiber...?

- Ryuko getting cut and then reassembling. Brave girl. STOP GIVING ME SUCH HEART ATTACKS (no, okay, if this was the last episode I could have bought it, but second-to-last? Not a chance)

- Satsuki lampshading her mother's villainous monologuing and going all "u mad bitch?". Priceless :heh:

- This show turning into fucking Gurren Lagann for the Original Life Fiber takedown. It was literally a merging of the battle against the Anti-Spiral and then one in Teppelin (including the huge bladed ship ramming into the enemy)

- Hamster Mako

- The way Nui cut into the ending. Seriously, dat girl is making microscopic debris of the fourth wall

...and that's it. Needless to say, all of the above combine into a 10/10 for me.

LeoXiao 2014-03-21 03:07

Just wait, the last epsiode will be a psychological analysis session going into all the characters' heads and at the end we'll see Ryuuko getting an "omedetou" from everyone.

Gan_HOPE326 2014-03-21 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoXiao (Post 5051659)
Just wait, the last epsiode will be a psychological analysis session going into all the characters' heads and at the end we'll see Ryuuko getting an "omedetou" from everyone.

Don't care, Trigger could make that awesome too. We'd have Guts clapping with the others, and a giant red Kanji writing: HUMAN INSTRUMENTALITY: COMPLETE and then Nui breaks in and starts to kill the clapping people even though they are just mental images in Ryuuko's head because she's a fucking troll.

Mubyoshi 2014-03-21 05:05

What an amazing episode this one was. Loving the elite 4's new outfits.

articuzwolf 2014-03-21 06:09

goodbye nonon's nudist beach outfit...

you'll always be remembered

Gan_HOPE326 2014-03-21 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by articuzwolf (Post 5051741)
goodbye nonon's nudist beach outfit...

you'll always be remembered

It's not like she's much more dressed now anyway :heh:.

bastek66 2014-03-21 06:30

Gama and Mako moment was easy to miss
http://i.minus.com/ibvgxnD27l2iTw.gif

Ak3mi 2014-03-21 06:38

Going to be one hell of a episode next week. Turning into one of my favorite animes, love the characters so much.