AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Claymore (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Claymore Fanfiction Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48848)

crazyhorse 2007-09-03 07:14

Ah I just read this thread today so I had no idea that the one who wrote the two Miria stories: "All Work and No Play" and "Rank 47" was you, Tempest. Great job on both. They were very incharacter and most of all gave readers some Miria loving. :p

And Fenir your fic was hilarious. I'm glad I checked out this thread since I read part two now.

Good job to the both of you! The fandom needs more Miria fics! :D

Tempest35 2007-09-03 12:34

Thanks a lot CrazyHorse.

Believe me when I say, we're working semi-hard towards that goal. XD Mostly for humor fics though for me - I can't do a serious one to save my life, especially with these girls (unless it was an AU).

I already got a few notes on how to continue 'Rank 47' by making it a mult-facet character study on Clare through the eyes of the other Claymores (Helen, Deneve, Ilene, Jean, etc and of COURSE Miria). Seems like an intriguing challenge that I just might take up. :heh: I can experiment with different writing directions with this one...

Wracking my brain on if I could continue 'All Work and No Play' or just let it be a diiiiiiiiiiiiistant tie-in with Fenrir's fics.

Hamstadini 2007-09-03 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest35 (Post 1128582)
Whuuhaaahahaaa~ It's finally up there. :D You'll get hits in no-time - I already got over 350 hits for both fics already and they only got up there 2 days ago...

Hits are easy to come by. People click on the links and leave whenever they feel like it.

Reviews? Not so much. Actually garnering praise or constructive criticism apparently takes time and energy for those who read, and thus, well... there's just not a lot of attention.

I've yet to see a story with a review/chapter ratio in the double digits.

Fenrir_valindri 2007-09-03 13:24

To true, I try to review every story I like, but sometimes even I get lazy when reviewing, so I can understand it sometimes when people do not review.

2nd chapter will be up on fanfic sometime this week, got lots of homework to do. >.<

Tempest35 2007-09-03 13:30

Mah, well, people are fickle, so am I. ^^ I'm not too worried about how many reviews it has since I'm not going for 'Best Fanfic Author of the Year' award or anything like that. Not saying that getting a review isn't a nice thing...:heh:

crazyhorse 2007-09-03 13:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempest35 (Post 1129245)
Thanks a lot CrazyHorse.

Believe me when I say, we're working semi-hard towards that goal. XD Mostly for humor fics though for me - I can't do a serious one to save my life, especially with these girls (unless it was an AU).

I already got a few notes on how to continue 'Rank 47' by making it a mult-facet character study on Clare through the eyes of the other Claymores (Helen, Deneve, Ilene, Jean, etc and of COURSE Miria). Seems like an intriguing challenge that I just might take up. :heh: I can experiment with different writing directions with this one...

Wracking my brain on if I could continue 'All Work and No Play' or just let it be a diiiiiiiiiiiiistant tie-in with Fenrir's fics.

For serious anime/manga like Claymore, I prefer reading humor fics about it. I just like seeing the usually uptight and serious characters find themselves in situations so outrageous that they would never be seen in the actual show. Yes, this means that the characters would become OOC, but as long as it's not TOO much, I can bare with it for the humor. If the fic is in character AND funny at the same time, then it'll be even better. That's what I saw in your "All Work and No Play". It was a very good job because I can see that happening as a little extra scene. Even Claymore's need some time to relax and have fun :D

Expanding on your "Rank 47" would be a nice series of one shots.

I would like to see Miria in a romance fiction, but I really don't know who she would be paired up with. Eh I would love to read a romance fiction with a pairing besides Clare/Raki (since I don't like the little brat; I used to be neutral) and Clare/Teresa period. Just wanna get a taste of something else. (:heh: I sorta sound like a yoma there).

And well for reviewing, people get lazy. I get lazy lots of time. Sometimes after I've read a fic and liked it, I don't know what else to say besides "Great job" so I don't wanna spend my time typing something that isn't constructive criticism and if it's not really constructive criticism, I at least would like my reviews to be more than two sentences long. Yeah I guess a review consisting of "Great fic! Update soon!" can boost your inspiration and make you feel good since it does show that SOMEONE is reading your fic, but it doesn't tell the author how to improve or what that person liked about the fic so it's pretty much useless. But I'm not a fanfic writer (yet, been thinking about writing some) so I wouldn't know how I would feel if I was in the author's position. Gah I'm just going around in circles. Ok basically what I'm saying is that I get lazy if I don't find enough from the fic for me to comment on, but sometimes I do get lazy just because. Blah I hope that what I've written is understandable :eyespin:.

Hamstadini 2007-09-03 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyhorse (Post 1129325)

I would like to see Miria in a romance fiction, but I really don't know who she would be paired up with. Eh I would love to read a romance fiction with a pairing besides Clare/Raki (since I don't like the little brat; I used to be neutral) and Clare/Teresa period. Just wanna get a taste of something else. (:heh: I sorta sound like a yoma there).

Something different, hm? Well, there's always Roxius' "Silver Eyes and Cold Hearts," where Teresa and Claire get it on, Opehlia and Miria make out in a situation I don't want to remember, and Deneve and Helen have sex on a dance floor.

...Ye gods, I need to shower after recommending him. I feel unclean... ><

crazyhorse 2007-09-03 13:59

Ahaha sounds...interesting. I'll just check it out to see how it's like.

Hamstadini 2007-09-03 14:03

If you mean interesting in the "may you live in interesting times" Chinese curse sense, you're spot on.

His "Silver Eyes and Cold Hearts" is on the second to last page. The other one, "30 Sentences of Claire and Teresa" is on the last. The bastard beat me out for first fic placed on the Claymore domain.

Fenrir_valindri 2007-09-03 14:21

Only fic I was ever having Romance in is my fic I am rolling around in my head.

Involved making up a OCer.
#4 of the male generation was the plan, and having him being the first partially Awakened.
Would follow his long quest in trying to attain Revenge against Isley, spanning over several generations, and possibly having him meet, or atleast sense various characters through out the series, including Miria. :p

crazyhorse 2007-09-03 14:24

Lol. I just finished reading his fic. How should I put it....well it gave me a chuckle here and there, but overall it's poorly written. His serious drabbles were pretty good, if boring, but the OOC ones were just too OOC. Well it gave me all the different couples to read about even if they are just drabbles and overall it was just something fun to read and not take too seriously. I think the author himself wasn't being serious when he was writing them.

Tempest35 2007-09-03 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri (Post 1129378)
Only fic I was ever having Romance in is my fic I am rolling around in my head.

Involved making up a OCer.
#4 of the male generation was the plan, and having him being the first partially Awakened.
Would follow his long quest in trying to attain Revenge against Isley, spanning over several generations, and possibly having him meet, or atleast sense various characters through out the series, including Miria. :p

:twitch::twitch::twitch: UGH!
Get out of my BRAIN~!!!
Seriously!! I was thinking of tossing the #4 of the Male class into a story! Argggh... XDDD This is too crazy...

:: Dancing in my head::
Somehow, the fool got away from when the other guys started Awakening one after the other. Since he held back (yes a guy can hold back if he REALLY wants to), he also got the hell outta there and hid himself, youki and all. So for nearly, give or take 150 years, he's still alive and kicking, taking out various youma for free when no one else is around and no one can see or sense him.

He meets up with Miria when the Fab 4 were scattered and after a while... blah blah...he tells her about the North (aka Rigald, whom he's got a nice hate for already)... and I'm gonna stop righ there.

Helen: Man, this is no fair!

Deneve: What is it now?

Helen: Clare's got a boytoy and now Miria!?

Devene: ... he's not...he's an ally.

Helen: Ne ne, you think they laid each other yet?

Deneve: Helen...

Helen: I wonder if she'll let us have turns with him...

Deneve: Shut UP Helen.

And with that, I have filled my daily writing quota...:D

Fenrir_valindri 2007-09-03 14:54

RAWR my IDEA! /bites Tempest35

Was having it go along the lines of # 2-5 of the male generation go after an Awakened Isley, Rigaldo and Dauf obviously Awaken, #5 is killed, and my guy (#4) is heavily injured and gets away, but almost awakens but reverts back (he was unique that releasing Yoma energy was painful, kinda like how it feels good for Helen. :D

Was gonna have him meet the various characters until he meets Miria. :p

We best stop feeding of each others ideas lol

Defiled one 2007-09-03 15:06

Well I often have writers block and I find it hard to write in a language that isnīt my own.

Tempest35 2007-09-03 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri (Post 1129421)
RAWR my IDEA! /bites Tempest35

Was having it go along the lines of # 2-5 of the male generation go after an Awakened Isley, Rigaldo and Dauf obviously Awaken, #5 is killed, and my guy (#4) is heavily injured and gets away, but almost awakens but reverts back (he was unique that releasing Yoma energy was painful, kinda like how it feels good for Helen. :D

Was gonna have him meet the various characters until he meets Miria. :p

We best stop feeding of each others ideas lol

He was gonna be the one to help Irene build her little cottage, eh? :P

Okay fine, YOU write it but I get FIRST PRE-READ!:D And then he shall be the instrument of Simba's destruction - tossing him yowling from the apex of Pride - I mean Pieta Rock...XD Because we need some GAR in Claymore - Raki's not making the cut.

Fenrir_valindri 2007-09-03 15:28

Lol very well, I was thinking that maybe he loaned the cottage to Irene btw :p

and Yes, we need some GAR! :D

emu777 2007-09-03 15:57

Well dont take too long fenrir/tempest, your makings for this story intrigue me and I want MOAR!!!:D

Fenrir_valindri 2007-09-03 16:48

Letting tempest read it first, hopefully he gets done with it soon, just kind of a

intro to my story that I sent him, so its short. :upset:

Hamstadini 2007-09-03 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defiled one (Post 1129443)
Well I often have writers block and I find it hard to write in a language that isnīt my own.

And yet, another chapter of She Lies is up...:eyebrow:

Fenrir_valindri 2007-09-03 18:55

Decided to post the story, Tempest isn't on so he cannot read his yet. :p

Be Gentle, first OC story.

Spoiler for Experimental story:

It is short, but I wrote it up pretty quickly, and the next chapter should be longer, maybe, hopefully. :p