AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Yoiko (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42618)

Nergol 2007-02-05 00:46

Yoiko

I remember when I lived in Japan watching this anime series called "Yoiko", and thinking it was pretty good. I found an ANN listing for it here:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=2949

But can't seem to find out wether it was ever fansubbed by anybody. It doesn't seem to have been released commercially either. Am I doomed to watch this series disaappear down the rabbit hole, never to be heard from again? I hope not - I remember it being quite funny.

monir 2007-02-05 01:03

Looks like this title was never fansubbed, so this thread is moved to the Unaired section. More info on the title..

http://content.imagesocket.com/thumbs/5488171.jpg

Studio Pierrot is the production company. The show aired in July 1998 at TBS. It has 20 episodes, and from the synopsis in the following, it does seem to have an interesting story.
Her name is Esumi Fuuka. Standing tall at 163 cm with a slender bodyline, she must be a university undergraduate. However, in reality, she is only an elementary school student. With a body figure of an adult and the mentality of a small child, she creates many misunderstandings around her.
Alas, no one has ever fanusbbed it! Even watching it RAW probably is out of the question.

naka 2007-02-05 02:25

there are vhs tapes but no dvds

anyway, it's 'okay' but have certain issues that some people could call it 'pedo'...

if you want an ep, go ahead and post here, i'll put one up when i have time - -'

Woland 2007-02-05 05:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by naka (Post 822816)
if you want an ep, go ahead and post here, i'll put one up when i have time - -'

Please do. ;)

I really like some of the recent "minor" work from Pierrot, like Emma and Midori no Hibi (not to mention cult classic like Uruseiyatsura, Kimagure Orange Road or the recent Juuni Kokki) and I'm now really curious about this one.

monir 2007-02-05 12:57

I second Woland! Please do put it up. :)

Nergol 2007-02-05 15:59

Yeah. Maybe naka or someone else who has all the VHS fansubs could digitize them and post them like Central did with the early LoGH episodes. I'd really like to see this title again.

Alternately, naka, could I drop you an e-mail and we could talk about me shooting you some money and you copying your VHS subs for me? That'd be awesome.

naka 2007-02-05 18:12

uh... maybe what i posted wasn't clear enough... so I apologize

commercially, or as far as I see on cdjapan, there are VHS tapes on sale for the serie (no DVDs)

as far as I know, or whatever anidb listed, there's no fansub of it... (anidb is user-submitted database so it can be wrong, and it is wrong in some parts of the yoiko entry anyway...)

what I have are captures of those tapes (a.k.a. raw) in avi which can be grabbed through winny or share

if you wish to spend the money on the serie i would recommend you search through at least cdjapan for those tapes, though you'll need a VCR that can play them on also...

if you want the raw avi (no sub) *shrug*piracy*shrug* which I assume you can comprehend what the characters are saying since you watched it before in Japan I can put an ep up as fast as tomorrow

as for sub, either someone translate/time/whatever on this in their time, or I can somehow put it together when I have time

kuru 2007-02-11 06:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by naka (Post 823464)
if you want the raw avi (no sub) *shrug*piracy*shrug* which I assume you can comprehend what the characters are saying since you watched it before in Japan I can put an ep up as fast as tomorrow

That would be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by naka (Post 823464)
as for sub, either someone translate/time/whatever on this in their time, or I can somehow put it together when I have time

That would be even better.

xris 2009-10-17 03:12

Seems like the first episode has been fansubbed by anime-rg / ray=out

drobertbaker 2009-10-17 17:22

I liked the 1st one. It's funny AND sexy. More please!

chaos_animagic 2009-10-18 21:26

I feel sad for that poor dude...

LOL at the end of episode 1.

Spoiler for End of ep 1 event:

Tho the graphic and art is very old styled... especially the hair.
But it's got bunch of funniness in it.

Hmm... I wonder... since is is pre-2000 anime.
Is that why the anime is uncensored but the genre and theme it's listed is only comedy and doesn't have any other wordings that is related to "ecchi details"...
Like "fanservice" "ecchi" and "school life/ slice-of-life" isn't listed on this anime.

drobertbaker 2009-11-05 23:14

Episode 2 - Elementary school student lingerie pub!!! :D:D:D

This is just too hilarious! This is even better than the first one!

I don't know who's doing this, but thank you thank you thank you!!!

亦一緒に遊ぼうよ! (Let's play together again!)

Master Chibi 2009-11-06 02:13

This show has me rolling, I would love to see more episodes subbed.

I'm an absolute whore for old shows like this.

drobertbaker 2010-01-17 04:31

Many thanks again to the subbers for eps 3 and 4. :bow::bow::bow:
I was afraid I wouldn't see another Yoiko!

I was disappointed with ep 3. It wasn't funny at all (except Sensei, who is always funny), just obvious and gross. I mean, that guy sticking out of the pool! :twitch:

Ep 4 however, was jam-packed with great joke after great joke! And wasn't even sexy in the slightest!
  • 'Fuka loves all animals' and then kills the mosquito.
  • Starving Miki.
  • Fuka rasslin' the dog over the fence upside down. "I thought it was a dog!"
  • The entire deer kidnapping from start to finish was totally priceless!
  • The whale in the swimming pool.
  • The masturbation guy with the elephant between his legs.
This is definitely the funniest show I've seen since Ichigo Mashimaro. Dare I hope for still more?

woodearth 2010-04-28 10:14

Just stumbled across this series and watched a couple of episodes. I like it so far.

I know this is a comedy show but I wonder if there will be some serious discussion about gigantism later in the show (or the manga for that matter).

drobertbaker 2010-06-02 21:05

Yoiko #7

A monkfish really does look like that! And they grow over 5 feet long!

My God! I'd be in the hospital too!

Thanks again, guys!

----------------------------------------------------------
Yoiko #8

Ahh, for the simplicity of an earlier time. A time when:
  • "Nobody gets excited over seeing naked children."
  • You can go to Amerika to be with people bigger than you.
  • You can leave your baby for a few minutes with strangers in the park.
  • You can just whip 'em out and pseudo-breast feed said baby to keep it quiet.

tyciol 2012-03-27 03:25

I am going to watch this soon. For anyone who enjoyed this, ray=out and Anime-RG have also paired up on another series called Machiko: http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/1710.html