AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Onegai Teacher (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3255)

stingray 2003-12-22 07:23

Onegai Teacher

i just finished the series. 13eps. of it.

it's not bad series i guess but i found the main character (kei) EXTREMELY annoying. at least his voice. jeeezzuss...like fingernails on the chalkboard for me. :bash: whiny SOB.

ending seemed trite and tacked on just to get a quick "happy ending."

Starphoenix 2003-12-22 13:17

Watching the opening, I keep getting the feeling that the series was meant to be a Hentai/Bishoujo Game.

And the series wasn't that bad. I liked the thirteenth because of the eechiness. Though there seemed to be WAY too many coincidences of Kei's friends showing up when he was making a connection with Mizuho.

Evilbunny 2003-12-22 23:24

yea, i liked this series except for the main character. Kei is just so whiny and annoying, he reminds me of strongsad from Homestarrunner.com (omg that was the worst analogy ive ever made). I liked the main character from the second one, Onegai Twins, better.

stingray 2003-12-23 20:18

just watching 3eps of it, i can already tell i'm probably going to like "twins" better than "teacher." nice to see they're interconnected somewhat.

the lunar subs have his name as "maiku" but maybe it should be "michael" ("maikuru?") oh well, whatever.

StarCreator 2003-12-24 01:58

Why did you call it Onegai Sensei? It's Onegai Teacher (with the word "Teacher" spelled out in katakana). This form of the title is completely incorrect.

I haven't seen the show so I can't comment on it.

stingray 2003-12-24 07:24

cause i want to sound cooler

but really, they never said "teacher" despite the title and always used "sensei" so maybe it stuck w/ me.

stingray 2003-12-24 09:08

after finishing twins, i'm left a little clueless. ending speech @ the end of the eps. ED is the closer to finding out if all of them are related? :twitch:

okay....

btw, i don't think i gave anything away to either series but i don't know how to do the "spoiler highlight" thing either...

Jin 2003-12-26 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray
i just finished the series. 13eps. of it.

it's not bad series i guess but i found the main character (kei) EXTREMELY annoying. at least his voice. jeeezzuss...like fingernails on the chalkboard for me. :bash: whiny SOB.

ending seemed trite and tacked on just to get a quick "happy ending."

fool thats Hoshi Souichirou (http://www.animenfo.com/animeseiyuu,...souichiro.html) best voice actor ever!

DjDeluxay 2003-12-27 23:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray
cause i want to sound cooler

but really, they never said "teacher" despite the title and always used "sensei" so maybe it stuck w/ me.
um they have used the word "teacher". Do you watch the japanese version? If not then that may be the reason. In the japanese version. You hear the voice of Mizuho sensei say "watch the next episode of Onegai Teacher. This is the highest matter of priority." Or something similiar to that. But she does say Onegai Teacher.
But i loved Onegai Teacher. They NEED to make more of it. hehe

BadReligion 2004-02-24 21:17

Onegai Teacher

Has anyone ever watched onegai teacher?. I peronally think it is a great series and i like the ending (others might just say good)

P.S Hellsing is also good.

outlaw55 2004-02-24 21:29

um....this is the WRONG place to post this baka....this is teh FMA section....

SidSavage 2004-02-24 21:32

I think he's just trying to get a reaction unless he's really that pathetic.

kamij0 2004-02-24 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by BadReligion
Has anyone ever watched onegai teacher?. I peronally think it is a great series and i like the ending (others might just say good)

P.S Hellsing is also good.

:topicoff:

onegai teacher is good , hellsing is good ... what about full metal alchemist ?
have u watch it anyway ? if not why do u post it here..

nak 2004-02-24 22:17

Uhm....this is the Full Metal alchemist forum...eto...dont post irrelevant things here O.O

Umbrae 2004-02-25 01:12

Onigai teacher was not bad. although onigai twins kind of sucked. Personaly I think FMA outdoes both series by a long shot. although they are unrelated in nature.

ElvenPath 2004-02-25 09:29

-> Moved to DVD & Licensed.

Wilcon 2004-02-25 10:12

Onegai Teacher was really good, i loved Mizuki(if i remember the name correct).

They did some really nice animation, and the soundtrack was very good.

:topicoff:

I dont understand why so many people disliked Onegai Twins, I thinks its almost better than teacher, and it has even greater music :)

relentlessflame 2004-02-26 13:34

Saw Twins before Teacher, but really enjoyed both immensely. Although there are some similarities, they're really two different shows. Good romance/drama/comedies all around, and highly recommended (at least by me)! I'm definitely going to watch them again, and Teacher is worth having on DVD (I hope Twins comes out also).

Hisoka_Baka 2004-03-06 22:06

Where?!?!?

Where exactly does Onegai Techer, and Onegair Twins take place.
I mean it's obvious it's in Japan, but the valley and lake it takes place by looks more like my home town in BC, Canada than something you'd find in Japan.
Does anyone know if it's supposed to be a real town in Japan or if it's a fictitious one?

xelloss99 2004-03-06 23:25

Before the Animesuki board was reset, there was a couple of threads on this.

The sites appear to be in Nagano Prefecture, Honshu.
Most sites (at least around Maiku's house) are at Lake Kizaki and Omachi City.
And while I'm not 100% sure, I think the school is in Matsumoto.

Here's a site with photo comparisons of real vs anime:
http://www5d.biglobe.ne.jp/~kazeyama...o/one2sato.htm

Ane here's maps and more pictures of the area:
http://j-music.fuzzy2.com/onetei/00kizakiko_bgm.html

It probably doesn't look typical because it's a resort area.