AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What's the most regrettable action you've ever done? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96413)

Mithfalath 2010-08-10 10:13

What's the most regrettable action you've ever done?

As for me, I let a possible relationship slip by because of my idiocy and stupidity. It was just plain stupid. Like they say, you never know what you've got 'til it's gone. So true. It was just so regrettable. T_T

Ballad 2010-08-10 10:34

I'm trying to think of something really stupid I've done. I know one thing that sticks out is mess things up with a girl that I think I'm in love with, but that's too cliched. I honestly can't think of anything else I regret as much as that, so that is it I guess.

Roloko vi Britannia 2010-08-10 11:49

not getting a job as soon I graduated high school I wanted to spend my last free summer doing nothing before going to work and working the rest of my life until I retire. If I would have known that our other car was going to get taken away in July I would have got a job before summer was over to help pay the bills for it.:(

thevil1 2010-08-10 11:52

Being stupid and getting a concussion.

ttdestroy 2010-08-10 12:04

I have a problem with seeing people in the hospital because I just don't like to see them in that state. When my grandmother was sick in the hospital with cancer, I was out of town, in another state and I elected to stay another few weeks, she died before I got back, so I never got to kiss my grandma and tell her I love her that last time.

Arbitres 2010-08-10 12:09

I regret having regrets that turned me hateful.

Let's leave it at that.

Zotis 2010-08-10 14:22

I regret picking on my little brother so much when we were kids.

Dralha 2010-08-10 14:49

Pushing my younger brother to the ground in a rage during a ... rather tumultuous time. It's still very vivid. I can hear his cry and the sound of the gravel as he slid a bit, the pale light of a street lamp illuminating the scene. He got up and ran into the darkness. If I ever feel the need to release some stress, I conjure this moment and let the tears flow.

DragoZERO 2010-08-10 15:02

Good topic.

Like everyone, I have many regrets. I'll try not to get into specifics...
  • Automobile accidents (fault and at-fault).
  • Failed relationships (should have done A, B, or not done X, Y).
  • Attempted relationships (should have known that trying was futile).
  • Buying A at X while it's cheaper at Y.
  • Buying A while B is free and better. *cough*True Tears DVD*cough*
  • Overlooking the fontina & prosciutto pizza that my dad made (we have a pizza oven in the backyard) at dinner the other night.

JRendell 2010-08-10 15:24

*ahem*

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90997

Neat Hedgehog 2010-08-10 16:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRendell (Post 3185119)

Well, I wouldn't think they were really the same thing. After all, you can wonder "wtf was I thinking?" without actually regretting your actions. You can also regret your actions even if you know exactly what you were thinking at the time.

Personally, I don't regret anything. Lots of messed up stuff has happened, but I always did the best I could at the time. Sure, some things could have turned out better, but I don't wish that they had. For whatever reason I was not equipped to make them turn out well, so I don't regret the way they did turn out. Plus, even though I might not have been able to get things right in the past, at least I know to do things differently should I ever be presented with the same situations sometime in the future.

yoropa 2010-08-11 01:04

Oddly, not that much. From high school it's just not pursuing that one girl for a relationship. Actually apart from that, I don't have any regrets, I've accepted what happened (whether or not I'm happy about this is something completely different).

Kittenlady 2010-08-11 15:33

More often than not, I regret thing's I haven't done than things I've done.

I suppose if I had to choose though, it would be telling my sister something that, after a long chain of events, led to my brother in law becoming a fugitive.

Kaijo 2010-08-11 16:04

We all have regrets, and to me, it's not so much regrets that I am concerned with, but what I can do about them. But the thread is about the most regrettable action I've ever done, and that's difficult to say.

There was one particular woman I got involved with, who was "taken" at the time, and from one point of view I regret it because of how things up. But truth be told, I still enjoyed my time with her, so as selfish as it might seem, I regret telling a particular friend about it. The friend, at the time, had noticed my depression and offered to do what she could to help me feel better, so I told her I had been seeing this woman in secret, because it did feel good to confess and tell someone.

But far from being supportive to help lift me out of my depression, she publicly called me a liar and told everyone what I said. Being as that usually everyone believes a woman over a man, a number of friends and acquaintances abandoned me.

So thus, I regret trusting in friends and in friendship, because they always end up leaving or betraying you. Happens again and again; I trust people with my inner feelings and secrets, and they leave.

Hooves 2010-08-11 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaijo (Post 3186753)
We all have regrets, and to me, it's not so much regrets that I am concerned with, but what I can do about them. But the thread is about the most regrettable action I've ever done, and that's difficult to say.

There was one particular woman I got involved with, who was "taken" at the time, and from one point of view I regret it because of how things up. But truth be told, I still enjoyed my time with her, so as selfish as it might seem, I regret telling a particular friend about it. The friend, at the time, had noticed my depression and offered to do what she could to help me feel better, so I told her I had been seeing this woman in secret, because it did feel good to confess and tell someone.

But far from being supportive to help lift me out of my depression, she publicly called me a liar and told everyone what I said. Being as that usually everyone believes a woman over a man, a number of friends and acquaintances abandoned me.

So thus, I regret trusting in friends and in friendship, because they always end up leaving or betraying you. Happens again and again; I trust people with my inner feelings and secrets, and they leave.

*sniff* This made #4 of the most saddest stories I have ever heard. (Not Sarcastic)

mindovermatter 2010-08-11 20:23

I'm pretty good at having 20/20 hind-sight...
but besides for some small things, I don't think I've yet done anything so bad that I wished I had never been born (well, there were times, but in the scheme of things they ended up not being that significant)
but there are a few things that I wonder what would have been if I had taken a different path or tried something different....

yoropa 2010-08-12 02:11

Quote:

This is a common story for me. Not so much in terms of relationships, but more in terms of trusting people. From experience, I stopped lending things to people that I wanted back. If it was a pencil I didn't care about, sure, but something like a video game that I paid $50 for? Would never lend it. Not even to the people I'm closest with, except one, and that's only certain things. But having said that, that exception actually trusts me with stuff well over $100, because he knows from my nature of never lending anything out, as well as my nature to organize and always know where everything is at all times, I won't lose it and I will return it. And I have always done the same.

Now of course, if I'm that stingy about sharing physical items, imagine how stingy I'd be on personal thoughts in person (on the internet, I go wild). Despite that, and like the earlier story, the few people who will talk to me invest their own thoughts into me, partially because I can approach their situations with more logic, and partially because, like with the above, I don't share too easily.

But it's not something I regret, it's something I've accepted about myself. Without that character trait, I'd be somebody else entirely, I wouldn't be me. I don't think you should necessarily regret your lack of trust in people. You can regret that scenario sure, but I find the concept of regretting aspects of yourself to be somewhat silly. Now again, that doesn't mean you're not allowed to question or be saddened by the way you act, but I feel that regret shouldn't happen in that instance. Of course this is because I have weird attachments to words and am specific in my adjectives when discussing personal feelings, so maybe none of this makes any sense to anybody other than me, but I'll still assert my opinion that regretting who you are is never a good thing.

ChainLegacy 2010-08-12 10:25

I don't lend things to my friends either. It can complicate a relationship if one person owes the other something.

Mithfalath 2010-08-12 22:27

Quote:

Oh my, that's just terrible.

synaesthetic 2010-08-12 22:50

Playing World of Warcraft.

:heh: