AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   DmC: Devil May Cry (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97490)

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-09-15 15:37

DmC: Devil May Cry

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1120705p1.html

A reboot..a FREAKING REBOOT...:mad: I'm a severely disappointed with this announcement.

Kyero Fox 2010-09-15 15:55

How do you know? He could be dante and ladies son. No gameplay/character/story details yet, so don't judge and change the topic name. Its dmc not dmc5

jonli 2010-09-15 15:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3247176)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1120705p1.html

A reboot..a FREAKING REBOOT...:mad: I'm a severely disappointed with this announcement.

I couldn't agree more. Although DMC's story was never it's strong points, they still left a lot unexplained about DMC4. They just introduced a new character that actually plays quite differently than Dante and quite well too, but poof reboot no more Nero. The visual style of DMC4 was also top notch, there was no need to change it to a more moody more brutal and rock star graphic style...unnecessary. I don't see an improvement at all.

Although I'll give it the benefit of the doubt in terms of gameplay, they might surprise us and it'll turn out to be a great game, but for now I feel alienated and they've only deducted points on my book.

PS: The only good thing is that Ninja Theory puts a lot of emphasis on story-telling, they enjoy capturing little emotions in real life that makes everything more realistic. That would certainly enhance the story telling experience that DMC can provide...however realism and character emotions are not what I'm looking for when I play DMC (welcomed but should not be the focus, please make the gameplay THE BEST before you get on the rest).

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-09-15 16:22

They changed Dante's design, that alone is strike one for me. Black hair? Really?

Shiroth 2010-09-15 16:27

Just going by the trailer, and i think it looks better then the past three games. :p

Looking forward to more information. Especially story.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-09-15 16:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3247253)
Just going by the trailer, and i think it looks better then the past three games. :p

Looking forward to more information. Especially story.

My eyes!!!!!!:(:p

iwatch2muchanime 2010-09-15 16:31

Well DMC3 was the only fantastic game of the series thus far but I still love the universe

We don't know if it's a reboot, seems like it sure but he is skinny as shit and choppy black hair in what seems like a MORE post apocalyptic universe and from the trailer he was captured and tortured and starved which could easily explain the look.

MakubeX2 2010-09-15 16:43

Capcom had lost the creative inputs of Kamiya and Mikami. Hence they can't continue with the current slate lay in place by them. Might as well begin with a new and clean slate.

For the classic DMC players, there will always be the next Bayonetta.

Kazu 2010-09-15 16:48

just if you didn't notice the video in the link

Bonta Kun 2010-09-15 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwatch2muchanime (Post 3247261)
Well DMC3 was the only fantastic game of the series thus far but I still love the universe

We don't know if it's a reboot, seems like it sure but he is skinny as shit and choppy black hair in what seems like a MORE post apocalyptic universe and from the trailer he was captured and tortured and starved which could easily explain the look.

Well that or it could just be DMC "the prequel", you know the stuff that comes before.
Set bfore the 1st DMC game, how Dante came to be. Maybe we'll see his hair change colour during the course of the game or at the end and how he becomes the bad ass mofo we all know and inspire to be:p

or then again maybe it's some sorta clone of Dante with mixed memories of Dante and whatnot.

There a few options on what this could be, yea I'll agree it doesn't look good just going by face value but I won't judge it till I've seen the proper thing.

But things haven't gone all that well for Ninja Theory and don't think anyone can really get their hopes up even if they looking forward to how this new direction the franchise is taking.

Shiroth 2010-09-15 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3247291)

Pretty much. I haven't fully enjoyed a DMC game since the first one, with Bayonetta turning out to be the second DMC that i always wanted. :p

Hooves 2010-09-15 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3247244)
They changed Dante's design, that alone is strike one for me. Black hair? Really?

After watching the trailer, I was surprised by the same thing myself....

Kyero Fox 2010-09-15 16:54

the new look is cool, altho kinda SKINNY.

I thought Hmm Maybe this is dante before he got all his devil powers which result in white hair, but I remembered Dante always had white/silver hair since he was a boy.

Shiroth 2010-09-15 16:56

For all we know this new game could just be pulling a Metal Gear Solid 2 on us, meaning about 85% of the players are going to hate on the new main character. :p

Kazu 2010-09-15 16:58

In the trailer does dante use a new type of sword or do any of you think it's rebellion that can transform

MakubeX2 2010-09-15 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazu (Post 3247321)
In the trailer does dante use a new type of sword or do any of you think it's rebellion that can transform

It's a Scythe. Similar to what Electronic Art's Dante is wielding and looks to having the same function as well.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2010-09-15 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 3247291)
Capcom had lost the creative inputs of Kamiya and Mikami. Hence they can't continue with the current slate lay in place by them. Might as well begin with a new and clean slate.

You got that right.

Sety 2010-09-15 17:49

What the fuck is this shit.

That is not Dante. IT IS A FAGGY EMO GOTH CHAV EDWARD CULLEN.

Urgh...this is literally giving vibes of a character design rape of Bomberman Act Zero proportions. Holy crap a reboot is one thing but they've managed to get everything wrong about the design within 30 seconds.

I'm not giving this a single chance at all, I don't even want to have to stare at something that ungodly ugly. I could go to my toilet and shit out something prettier while suffering from diarrhea.

-Sho- 2010-09-15 18:48

This is the "Fashion Dante" :heh:

Hooves 2010-09-15 18:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Sho- (Post 3247526)
This is the "Fashion Dante" :heh:

Nice one -Sho- :D

As long as Dante doesn't get anymore difference in his development besides the new hair color, then this is fine by me.