AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=94133)

Pellissier 2010-05-28 06:20

Angel Beats! - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Ice Block 2010-05-28 13:45

Spoiler for Ep09:

skyy54264 2010-05-28 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Block (Post 3068032)

inb4Yui sings Good-bye days in that episode

margafred 2010-05-28 14:48

Spoiler for Episode 9 of Angel Beats!:

Kanon 2010-05-28 14:52

Spoiler for 9:

pampz21 2010-05-28 15:52

Spoiler for Ep9:

aeriolewinters 2010-05-28 15:57

Spoiler for ep 9:

bhl88 2010-05-28 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 3068105)
Spoiler for 9:

So would that mean Otanoshi will be a bad guy in their eyes (the SSS' eyes)? Then Otanoshi can stay in the afterlife and live happily ever after with Kanade and they can ma-

in the purgatory XD

pampz21 2010-05-28 16:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhl88 (Post 3068189)
So would that mean Otanoshi will be a bad guy in their eyes (the SSS' eyes)? Then Otanoshi can stay in the afterlife and live happily ever after with Kanade and they can ma-

in the purgatory XD

Spoiler for Ep9:

Yzori 2010-05-28 16:14

Spoiler:

pampz21 2010-05-28 16:22

I wish after everyone disappears when they all enter HS again...they are classmates like Hinata and Yuzuru going to school together, Yuri and Iwasawa eating, Kanade is the SCP and they still have their club as SSS but they don't remember anything though.....hahaha that would be a great ending, and TK was a transfer student so he's mysterious!

monir 2010-05-28 16:57

Anyone else was misty eyed?

Whatever direction this show is following or heading toward as a series, individual episode wise this has been by far the best episode aired for me. If I were the epitome of pessimism I would definitely would say, "No good deed goes unpunished." Very well done! Enjoyed it a lot. All the scenes that were played out to convey these strong emotion were done nonchalantly. Much more effective. Poor Otonashi!

Btw, what's with all the spoiler tags? The thread title already says episode 9.. I would imagine the title is specific enough to make such courtesy redundant considering the episode is available for watch........

Francismeunier 2010-05-28 17:47

Incredible drama! It moved enough towards :T_T: for Otonashi's part. Also I have decided with this episode to do the organ donation upon my death card that everyone did and that moment it moved to tears I would have to say. I also got some strange vibes around here=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/eedcdbeb.jpg
because the girl to the right looks kind of like Hatsune....Otonashi's sister. Also Otonashi's wound here=> looks like something really rammed during the accident so did he=>
Spoiler:
A pocky reference again?=>Again :T_T: here=> mostly because of what someone said earlier about Otonashi about this part. So next episode Yui.......really wonder what her life was about before she died. Also some people said that Otonashi will join with Tenshi for the whole life passing......well if they do that then I am afraid there might be a large information crunch to make all pass on. They might have to do 2 characters each episode. As a final thing....almost done with my GIFs for episode 8 but this episode has far less GIFs but there are some nice Tenshi x Otonashi moments in this episode to make. Also from the looks of it can they make a Otonashi x Tenshi disappearance one shot when they will be the ones left only or they are going to be kept around for a while since a second season might come up with more people coming to this world? Anyways really nice drama in this episode......really loved it and 10/10 just for that.....also nice compassion of Otonashi in helping the people. :smile:
Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 3068255)
Anyone else was misty eyed?

Cried buckets of tears and will fill my organ donations things.
Quote:

Whatever direction this show is following or heading toward as a series, individual episode wise this has been by far the best episode aired for me. If I were the epitome of pessimism I would definitely would say, "No good deed goes unpunished." Very well done! Enjoyed it a lot. All the scenes that were played out to convey these strong emotion were done nonchalantly. Much more effective. Poor Otonashi!

Well said! I am with 100% on this! :)

Quote:

Btw, what's with all the spoiler tags? The thread title already says episode 9.. I would imagine the title is specific enough to make such courtesy redundant considering the episode is available for watch........

Well I use them for pics pointing since they take a lot of space and only leave out one for some display. I guess maybe the episode is not subbed yet? I kind like being courteous to people in any way there were way too many MAL people doing that and people complained about it so I try to limit that in regards to my experiences there.

KariOhki 2010-05-28 18:56

Well, I didn't expect the series to end up here when I started it. Shirou's :3 moment will be when he's saved everyone, but will the SSS let him do that? They'll probably figure it out sooner or later...

4 eps left, and an entire squad to get rid of.

skyy54264 2010-05-28 19:26

I didn't like this episode. It felt rushed and awkward. The previous episode was packed full of comedy and action and this made a huge jump to drama and plot exploration. Not only that, the entire plot and how the afterlife "works" was explained by Kanade in five minutes - rushed the ending of not only the episode but to the series as well. This also destroys Kanade's character; she's been established as a Kuudere character but that topped off with a huge "misunderstanding" that could've been avoided only revealed her ignorance. If she had known it was a misunderstanding all along, why does she not alter her methods of confronting the SSS? I assume she never had a chance to speak to them because they would become aggressive at her sight but the way she approached them gave off the vibe that she was the villain. Key did a much better job with their previous kuudere characters (Tomoyo from Clannad and Mai from Kanon) than Kanade. This personality of her actually takes away from the show's enjoyability.

Yui_Nyan 2010-05-28 19:26

Spoiler for episode:

Wigwams 2010-05-28 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by KariOhki (Post 3068393)
Well, I didn't expect the series to end up here when I started it. Shirou's :3 moment will be when he's saved everyone, but will the SSS let him do that? They'll probably figure it out sooner or later...

4 eps left, and an entire squad to get rid of.

they are gonna hide their alliance from the rest i think... otonashi is gonna be kanade's informat. instructing her what to do while feeding her inside information he gathers while being a member of SSS.

tsunade666 2010-05-28 19:34

This episode might be the most heavy for me. The past of otonashi the last moments and the feelings within it. It's really ..... great... and awesome.

Though when kanade wakes up I was sure yuzuru would hug her .....well that's a bid of minus for me but it's all great.

Hypernova 2010-05-28 19:35

My only reaction was surprise they didn't sign the thing when they got the cards in the first place.

pampz21 2010-05-28 19:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypernova (Post 3068431)
My only reaction was surprise they didn't sign the thing when they got the cards in the first place.

me too...and where the hell did all of them get the card?....