AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Web Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   Myth: Legend (传说) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=137567)

wnfanatic 2015-08-21 14:56

Myth: Legend (传说) [WN]

Title: Myth: Legend (传说)
Language: Original English
Genre: Loosely based on Xianxia, with WuXia/Jap/Korean/Chinese/mmorpg elements.
Author: Please refer to the website Author request name not to be shown here
Publisher: Independent (Web novel)
Current Chapters: Arc 1 33 Chapters, Arc 2 18 Chapters, Updated 18/10/2015
Link: New Site for the Novel

Synopsis from web under 'The Story':
Quote:

He was the epitome of power, the last remaining in his world. Reborn into another world, with no recollections. A world unlike any others. A world with endless lands, history, culture, marvels and beauty.

Starting young, leaving his home and experiencing boundless lands, meeting different races, and experiencing wonders beyond imagination. Wrought with trials and tribulations, but not without rewards.

New lessons no one could teach, new lands no one had seen and a new system of the world that has yet to be discovered.

It has only just begun.

Got this off a share from one of my facebook friends. Site was just launched.

Just read the author's note, seems likes its only based loosely on the xianxia genre.

Interesting beginning, very detailed description.
Also since the author is writing this in English it is easier to understand. There is even a compendium for the novel.

Author is promising a chapter everyday after 23rd aug.

Looking forward to new chapters.

wnfanatic 2015-08-22 01:27

Ok time to summarize
Spoiler for summary:

mythlegend 2015-08-22 11:24

I jumped the gun, and Chapters 11 and 12 are now live.

Cheerios and Enjoy
Lets PARTEH!!!

mythlegend 2015-08-23 07:55

Heylo readers

Chapter 13 is out

Cheerios and enjoy reading!

wnfanatic 2015-08-23 10:43

new spoilers for those who just want the juices but lack the fruits
Chpt 11-12

have not read 13 ... yadah yadah

Spoiler for spoiler:

Going to read chapter 13 and then sleep, will be writing a spoiler tomorrow. too much LN today.

wnfanatic 2015-08-23 13:45

Ah sweet Chapter 13

Didn't sleep and had a take out for supper :D

The action really gets fun and more here

Spoiler for Chapter 13 spoiler:

Craxuan 2015-08-24 03:28

Please put comas and fullstops for dialogues like this, "Please."

wnfanatic 2015-08-24 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craxuan (Post 5630174)
Please put comas and fullstops for dialogues like this, "Please."

May I ask, who are you referring to?

mythlegend 2015-08-24 10:34

Dear Craxuan,

Sorry for hurting your eyes ... heheheh

I will do so from Chapter 15, its a very bad habit of mine.

Tell you what, I will edit chapter 14 that I just posted to put in the proper puntuations :D

By the way here is the teaser from Chapter 14 fresh from the oven, link on the OP

Spoiler for Chapter 14 Teasers:

And thank you for the feedback :D much appreciated.

Cheerios and happy reading

Craxuan 2015-08-24 20:10

Alright, thanks. It helps a lot in making the novel feel professional and easy to read.

EDIT: And wnfanatic too, since there's probably a reason you replied to my post lol?

EDIT 2: Also, why is it the speech in the story feels... off? It reads as if they're translated (I even triple checked to make sure there's not a Chinese original somewhere) and there are intentional usage of 'will' and 'have' even though a simple sentence will suffice. Unless I'm mistaken English is your native language right?

mythlegend 2015-08-24 23:35

Hello Craxuan

Yes English is my native language. Grew up schooling in it and all I ever use now is that (besides talking to my wife). In addition to this, Chinese (Cantonese) is my mother tongue and my wife is from China (I am from elsewhere). **(I know I am awesome like this :P )

For the speech, I was trying to add a little traditional Chinese flavor to it earlier on (influenced by watching too many periodic drama in China), as it progresses you will notice that Character speech will not have this flavor, however it still remains for the parents.

Individuals will have some special traits/attitude in their speech when they first interact with the MC, but changes over time as they get closer to each other. A duplicate of real life, where I won't really be an idiot in front of a girl, till we get to know each other, then I can be an idiot all I want (mahahahaha) :D :D

As for the 'will' and 'have', in fact I did not even realize it. Another silly bad habit of mine. Lets see if I can edit them out. I have about 90+ unedited, no proof reading, un-rewritten chapters to browse.

For 15 today it is currently being edited, proofread, rewritten and I will check for the 'will' and 'have'

Oh and you can never find this anywhere no where nadah zilch ZeRo etc etc :P <--- except for where I post them since they are original :D :D ... say what? Yeah oh are eye gee eye end aye al :D :D

Oh I almost forgot, plenty of thanks for the comments, makes it better to know what to improve on :D

Cheerios !!!

p.s. **note to self - narcissistic much?

mythlegend 2015-08-25 09:17

Chapter 15 Sneak Peek

Heylo me hearties have you got some booty?

Yes its that time again! Here is the latest chapter's sneak peek, link on the OP

Spoiler for Chapter 15 Sneak Peak:

Cheerios and Enjoy Reading

ndiezel 2015-08-26 06:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by mythlegend (Post 5631173)
Heylo me hearties have you got some booty?

Yes its that time again! Here is the latest chapter's sneak peek, link on the OP

Spoiler for Chapter 15 Sneak Peak:

Cheerios and Enjoy Reading

Can you please write annotations with metric system? It's a pain in the ass to always go search for calculator while reading.

mythlegend 2015-08-26 08:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndiezel (Post 5631949)
Can you please write annotations with metric system? It's a pain in the ass to always go search for calculator while reading.

Hi ndiezel,

I apologize for this,

1 league is about 5.56 km or 3.46 miles

1 feet is 0.33 meters

1 catty (China) is 0.5kg or 1.1 pounds

Most of the distances I use in my story is not exact. So I hope you can round them off to the nearest whole number when you read.

I sincerely hope you understand, as I would need to change all remaining 90+ chapters I have not proofread, edited and re-written to the metric system. This will amount to a high figure to edit.

I used this system based on traditional Chinese novels who use Li, which means leagues, Che which means feet, and Jin which means catty.

Thank you for your feedback, once again I apologize I won't be able to do so.

Cheers

p.s. Chapter 16 will be out in another 1-2 hours

mythlegend 2015-08-26 11:02

Waddup Readers!!!

Chapter 16 is now Live! say whut? yup live!

Here is a sneak peak, please use the link on OP for the chapter

Spoiler:

Cheerios and enjoying reading
WT

mythlegend 2015-08-27 10:16

Yes its me again!!

Chapter 17 is yeeee-oooouuutt! hot from the over!

Sneak peak into today's exciting ending! grab the chapter while its hot! link on the OP

Spoiler:

Yoburi 2015-08-27 19:58

Mr Mythlegend i have 2 questions for you and they are the most basic and important questions ask in this forum.

The MC OPness and is there a Harem?

P.S Hope you don`t go in a Xian Ni direction where only horrible things happend and your love interst and family all get murder...

mythlegend 2015-08-27 23:56

Mr Yoburi

Thank you for the post, I can give a hint or two, but anything else will be jeopardizing my manuscript, since 90+ chapters are still to be rewritten, proofread and edited.

The story is not set in stone yet, but already has a general form.

Answers for the two questions:-

1. Chapter 17 does give a measure of potential to the MC's chances of being OP.
2. Chapter 16 there is something along the lines, its vague but there. He is still 7, but they grow fast in novels :D :D

With regards to the p.s.
Quote:

Genre: Loosely based on Xianxia, with WuXia/Jap/Korean/Chinese/mmorpg elements.
but no promises :P

Cheerios

mythlegend 2015-08-28 07:09

Wazzup!

Ok today's chapter 18 has been released (Jailbreak!!), I ported back to the past and edited it so I won't need to do so today!

A teeny weeny sneak peak at chapter 18, link on the OP

Spoiler:

Enjoy Reading!!

Cheerios!

ndiezel 2015-08-29 06:21

BTW, myth, why comments disabled on your site?