AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   (L) Overlord [LN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=127729)

Rahuman 2014-08-15 19:29

Overlord [LN]

Original Title: オーバーロード
Alternative Title: Overlord
Author: Maruyama Kugane
Novel Illustrator: so-bin
Publisher: ???
Status: WN : Overlord (finished), Overlord II (on-going I think). LN : Overlord (1~??)
LN version is different from WN version because a new characters have been added in the LN version.

Image too big if it get put in this post so I give you the link, warning Image is big:

For The Glory of Ainz Ooal Gown

Maid Banquet (Human part banquet)
I can't believe that thing is a woman
Bromance
Forget about shalltear look at Aura, Damn girl,

Volume image :

Quote:

Synopsis from Imoutololicious :
A Japanese salary man stays logged in until the online service for the game ends, which results in the creation of a mega plot device similar to SAO and Log Horizon. Which in my opinion look more like Log Horizon rather than SAO because he rather calm about the situation and analyze what just happend. Btw, the skull that sit on a throne is our MC.

[My personal opinion]..........Yeah, who want to go back to the real world, reality suck.
I just want to share this wonderful novel to anyone who still doesn't know about this series yet, peace.

Translation link : removed due to novel licensing

bakato 2014-08-15 19:37

Instead of not going back to the real world, it's more like he doesn't want to the adventure to end.

Rahuman 2014-08-15 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by bakato (Post 5216400)
Instead of not going back tot the real world, it's more like he doesn't want to the adventure to end.

Yeah, you can see it that way either.
Imoutololicious already translated prologue and 1/3 of ch.1 (we all know how Imoutololicous work).
The feels of loyal veteran player when the server when down man, the feeeeels.

Pablete 2014-08-15 19:56

Also, Shiroe from LH wants to return people to his world.

Rahuman 2014-08-15 20:09

Reading my own synopsis, and change it.

bakato 2014-08-15 20:14

I'm getting a good vibe from the fact that he equipped all his best items before he was thrown into the real world.

Riz 2014-08-16 02:40

sadly only few people who has extra time who willin to translate tis novel...

maybe the theme was the causes...

nightmares 2014-08-16 03:36

this is a good novel, hoping someone is willing to help the translation.

felix 2014-08-16 05:35

The problem with the MMO themed stories is that I believe it's one of those things were, at least for some of us, it only works once; since a lot of it is just "novelty" and little else. And once the novelty is gone it's mostly just salty nostalgia towards bad memories, along with the bad taste that this is literally "fantasy oroboros" genre so the main character can pull a giant penis sword out of his ass at any point and there are barely any rules to prevent that, which makes things dull—both from a lack of anticipation and a lack of expectations.

A world where anything and everything can exist on whim isn't very exiting, since if for example a big dragon comes then that's no big deal since a bigger dragon can just come out again, and then a bigger one; and story mechanics wise that's encouraged, because it's a MMO.

I didnt read the synopsis so dint actually realize what I was reading in the prologue, so it was all at least a bit enticing, but as soon as chapter one starting pouring the "greatest MMO" divel, everything that I had just read faded to junk.

Riz 2014-08-16 05:40

yea...
I got good impresion from prolog, but when chptr 1 began I fell...

Rahuman 2014-08-16 06:33

I plan to try to translate this series, but I'm still in the middle of final test though.
Let's see what I can do with this series :).

edit : JK, WN and LN different, lose my motivation.

Riz 2014-08-16 07:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahuman (Post 5216806)
I plan to try to translate this series, but I'm still in the middle of final test though.

oh~~~~
TYVM..!!!

Breimoon 2014-08-16 10:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rahuman (Post 5216806)

Thank you very much!

toaa 2014-08-16 12:20

only part 1 finished?

Breimoon 2014-08-16 13:38

yeah, we gotta wait for more since most translators are busy with something(summer relax, school, college etc etc)

toaa 2014-08-16 13:48

damn but it looks kawaii and badass more ot badass

ps thats the type of class i want in games but no mmo has it something like a necromancer

Breimoon 2014-08-16 14:20

^WoW has death knight and diablo 3 a sort of deminecromancer though they are not at the level of a true necromancer

toaa 2014-08-16 14:35

a true necromancer can be one of the most broken classes all advantages of a summoner and no cons

felix 2014-08-16 14:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breimoon (Post 5217305)
^WoW has death knight and diablo 3 a sort of deminecromancer though they are not at the level of a true necromancer

ie. diablo 2 necromancer

yuzen003 2014-08-17 10:22

Just curious, but is it just the main character stuck or a large population of players? If it's just him it changes the dynamics of how I expect him to interact with his new world.