AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Iversity - The Future of Storytelling (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=122580)

Coreyrn 2013-10-26 04:36

Iversity - The Future of Storytelling

I have found an interesting project organized by several universities on reddit.
This specific project is organized by the University of Potsdam and is a eight week introductory course to the art of writing, from storytelling to writing techniques.
I've completed the first lesson yesterday and it was really interesting. The course is in English even though the University is located in Germany because it is available worldwide.
You don't have to pay a penny, the course if free of charge.

Link to the Course

There are several other courses available like design, marketing, mathematic thought processes, physics courses or web-development, though I don't know if they are available in English, if not then they are most likely only availabe in German.

Just take a look, free education provided by universities is always a good and interesting thing.

All Courses Overview

edit: fixed the links

HasuMasu 2013-10-26 05:24

That is so cool; but my computer doesn't have any sound. :T_T:

Fireminer 2013-10-26 05:34

@Masuzu: So do I. Aggrr! I just want to hear how Tatenashi and Madoka's voice is like!

Coreyrn 2013-10-26 06:33

According to some posts of the course instructor on the discussion board, they plan to add subtitles to the videos. Though that is still a work in progress.

Kimidori 2013-10-26 08:35

you should fix the link in the OP, while the error is obvious and anyone with basic computer skill can fix it themselves, there might be someone who don't know how and can't access the page you linked.

Coreyrn 2013-10-26 09:20

The links are fixed now, thanks for the hint.

Dhomochevsky 2013-10-26 13:13

Ohhh, I am addicted to watching online lectures.
The writing course is not really my thing but some of the others do look interesting.
Weird, it wasn't that much fun when I was a real student (and some of these are actually recorded at the very same university). ;)

EscapeReality 2013-10-26 13:42

Oh God yes, this is what I've been looking for.

LeoXiao 2013-10-26 14:03

This might be a good way to force me to practice writing. Seems worth a try.

Coreyrn 2013-10-27 18:05

Update:

There are subtitles available now and there will be subtitles for further lectures.

Though they will be a bit time-shifted because the subtitles are created by the community and they of course have only access to the lecture videos after they have been published. I've tested them myself, they can easily accesed within the player, so far only English subtitles but that shouldn't bother anyone here.

Xagzan 2013-10-27 23:45

Ugh, this sounds great, I would love to do it, but I'm already barely keeping up with two other MOOCs as it is.

Are there any plans to offer the course again in the future?

Coreyrn 2013-10-28 09:33

As far as I know there are no definite plans for now. I think it depends on the success of the course but there wil be no second one in the near future.

Xagzan 2013-10-29 15:33

Well, shucks.

L7997 2013-10-30 18:45

I never attempted an online course and i'm currently at uni anyway. Do you all generally look out for these sort of things?

hm this is a great resource though.