AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Code Geass Project Launched (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89139)

monir 2009-12-07 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowScar (Post 2805997)
Lelouch is now an idea, so if his child took over, that is if he did have a child, then that child could take over as the idea, that Lelouch was. In other words, we could see Lelouch's characteristics in that child.

I like it. :) It makes the most sense if the series wants to pick up from where it left off. All we need to figure out who bore Lelouch's baby? :heh:

An alternative retelling makes sense the most considering that's how Gundam franchise has thrived. If people in Sunrise wants to turn Code Geass into a franchise also, then that's the approach they will take. This announcement for the manga seems to indicative of such route. They are thinking long term. Code Geass fans, prepare to give them your wallet. :p

Kuroshinobu 2009-12-07 01:09

The art style is definately different, but not in a bad way. I wonder who's arm that is... the robotic one that is. From the looks of it, the long black-haired male resembles Lelouch, he also has a symbol on his cape. The symbol is identical to the Black Knights' if I remember correctly.

The other person resembles Suzaku, but that's really all I can find out about the image with a quick scan. Anyone else have anything interesting to add?

aquamarineAngel 2009-12-07 01:13

Yeah---no I got nothing.
I'm too transfixed at the fact that I'm seeing a Suzako... :O
But it's relevant to my interests. :D

Nobodyman9 2009-12-07 01:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu (Post 2806499)
The art style is definately different, but not in a bad way. I wonder who's arm that is... the robotic one that is. From the looks of it, the long black-haired male resembles Lelouch, he also has a symbol on his cape. The symbol is identical to the Black Knights' if I remember correctly.

The other person resembles Suzaku, but that's really all I can find out about the image with a quick scan. Anyone else have anything interesting to add?

Switch the images. It's the Suzaku look-alike's arm.

Lummie 2009-12-07 01:13

I dislike the fact that the girl looks like a cheap C.C. ripoff. I would've wished that they would have given her a other design. I like the character though with the long black hair, and that cyborgarm just plainly looks very weird to me. Not an arm you'd walk with into any shop/school without emberassment.

D-KLAC 2009-12-07 01:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lummie (Post 2806459)
Newtype January issue announced a new manga series to be serialized on Shonen Ace magazine

http://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...546-2-aebf.jpghttp://i546.photobucket.com/albums/h...546-1-aebf.jpg

props to dtshyk

any guess this might be nightmare or something to be anime?

if it's history of geass timeline will be alter of different story or REMAKE/REBOOt to SAVED geass series.

MainCharacter 2009-12-07 01:14

Would a;; this hype and being on the website make this an official manga alternate retelling instead of another random one like we have had 4 times so far, though?

Because, I'll be honest, I hated the Lelouch and Suzaku mangas, and while I liked the concept of Nightmare of Nunnally, I just couldn't get into it. I also disliked the novels. I never read that other manga set in the past but I hear mixed and negative things about it.

So that is mostly why I am disappointed. I feel like we have seen this all before. Now we've got robotic arm [Suzaku] in a new AU manga? Who wants to put money on there not being Knightmares in this manga? OR THE PEOPLE TURN INTO THE KNIGHTMARES?!

I dunno, this could be epic. But I'm one step closer to a cynical viewpoint than I was a few minutes ago.

Still, multiple works, right? We know what the manga is. We still have "music, product development, and video works" to figure out... and those last two don't even make sense. So, I'm still excited. haha

D-KLAC 2009-12-07 01:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct (Post 2806508)
Would a;; this hype and being on the website make this an official manga alternate retelling instead of another random one like we have had 4 times so far, though?

Because, I'll be honest, I hated the Lelouch and Suzaku mangas, and while I liked the concept of Nightmare of Nunnally, I just couldn't get into it. I also disliked the novels. I never read that other manga set in the past but I hear mixed and negative things about it.

So that is mostly why I am disappointed. I feel like we have seen this all before. Now we've got robotic arm [Suzaku] in a new AU manga? Who wants to put money on there not being Knightmares in this manga? OR THE PEOPLE TURN INTO THE KNIGHTMARES?!

I dunno, this could be epic. But I'm one step closer to a cynical viewpoint than I was a few minutes ago.

Still, multiple works, right? We know what the manga is. We still have "music, product development, and video works" to figure out... and those last two don't even make sense. So, I'm still excited. haha

& besides i look at counter manga & besides it like this suzaku + lancalot suit = kamen rider lancalot.

ncrushx 2009-12-07 01:18

@SelfDestruct

Chill Pill

They just started the new project, it might not even come through.

MainCharacter 2009-12-07 01:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncrushx (Post 2806516)
@SelfDestruct

Chill Pill

They just started the new project, it might not even come through.

Eh? I'm quite calm.

I think whatever they show in this issue of NewType is going to happen, though. It's not like these are early sketches of a prototype idea. This is the new project.

Or at least one aspect of it. I'm holding out to see what else there is going to be.

Kuroshinobu 2009-12-07 01:22

We'll just have to wait until the magazine is out. Was it December 10th, around there yeah? Hopefully there will be more information that has something to do with the "video works."

MainCharacter 2009-12-07 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu (Post 2806529)
We'll just have to wait until the magazine is out. Was it December 10th, around there yeah? Hopefully there will be more information that has something to do with the "video works."

We just found out what is in it, the new manga. They may have announced more we don't know about yet, but the main focus seems to be the manga. Those two scans above are from the magazine.

ncrushx 2009-12-07 01:25

Quote:

Zero said:

This is a new genesis ... the day of rebirth. Today, Geass has reached a new stage. You will be cast a NEW Geass soon. Hope, wait and desire it enthusiastically.
Don't forget. Geass is like a wish. If you wish, Geass will...

Anybody overthinking this way too much?

Kuroshinobu 2009-12-07 01:25

Huh, I thought "video works" would mean an anime. Ho hum... that's upsetting.

aquamarineAngel 2009-12-07 01:25

I'm wondering if they're trying to make Suzaku get more facetime... and thus trying to make him more likeable in the eyes of the anti-Suza group.

HollowScar 2009-12-07 01:27

They should release some teaser trailers. Honestly, the last time I was this hyped was when Grand Theft Auto 4 was declared. Now, it is Code Geass. Hopefully they make a good sequel, with lot's of twists, and turns, with character development. This has more potential than a Death Note sequel in which two great protagonist's died.

HollowScar 2009-12-07 01:28

They should make Suzaku more mature and likable. He was only a teenager in Code Geass.

MainCharacter 2009-12-07 01:29

All that is announced so far is a manga. You can't have good trailers for a manga. Let's wait and see if there if more to this, but I'd say we should all start emotionally readying ourselves for the news that there is no new anime coming.

Kuroshinobu 2009-12-07 01:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollowScar (Post 2806537)
They should release some teaser trailers. Honestly, the last time I was this hyped was when Grand Theft Auto 4 was declared. Now, it is Code Geass. Hopefully they make a good sequel, with lot's of twists, and turns, with character development. This has more potential than a Death Note sequel in which two great protagonist's died.

The only thing is if this was indeed the major project indicated and announced during the event on Lelouch's birthday, the only possible reoccuring is C.C., and that's if this isn't an alternate universe. I somehow doubt it's the same universe too.

aquamarineAngel 2009-12-07 01:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSelfDestruct (Post 2806543)
All that is announced so far is a manga. You can't have good trailers for a manga. Let's wait and see if there if more to this, but I'd say we should all start emotionally readying ourselves for the news that there is no new anime coming.

So what does "video works" mean then?
/sob