AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

DarkWarrior 2011-09-29 20:06

Wow, it's like listening to a broken record.. it just doesn't stop, does it.

And yeah, MG Destiny's stand is pretty solid, unlike Strike Freedom's.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-29 20:12

Okay, I'm done with my 1/100 Chaos with only minor painting too.

And now finally my Sword Impulse won't be lonely anymore :D

So this mark my first variable MS. Still, The transformation is not that complex. Though I gotta tell you that the MA mode of Chaos is one of the strangest designs I met. I think it's supposed to resemble a bird (with talons and all), but it has no wings! :heh: So, maybe more like a chicken? :heh:

maknaedik 2011-09-29 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkWarrior (Post 3785237)
Wow, it's like listening to a broken record.. it just doesn't stop, does it.

And yeah, MG Destiny's stand is pretty solid, unlike Strike Freedom's.

He's aware of that, I think. :)

@Obelisk ze Tormentor I can see that you used Gray Gundam Marker to erase those ugly nubs. Anyway, overall, I think you did a good job there. Looks clean. Anyway, I got a question, you didn't erase the seamlines or they are actually panel lines that I mistook as seamlines?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-29 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3785299)
Anyway, I got a question, you didn't erase the seamlines or they are actually panel lines that I mistook as seamlines?

They're the panel lines actually. I just kinda make it look more obvious. :)

maknaedik 2011-09-29 23:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3785430)
They're the panel lines actually. I just kinda make it look more obvious. :)

GOOD! I thought those were seamlines. :) Chaos is my favorite MS among the three :)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2011-09-30 00:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3785453)
Chaos is my favorite MS among the three :)

I for one love Abyss and Gaia more than Chaos coz their variable mode are actually cool and quite rare. I mean, we don't see a Gundam that can turn into a submarine or a zoid(?) in every series :D (Man, if only those two has at least been made as 1/100, I would've complete the trio :(). As for Chaos' MA mode......well, as I stated before, it's very odd :uhoh: and not cool at all :heh:. Still, I love Chaos in its MS mode. It looks elegant and badass at the same time. Heck, that's why I bought it. :D

Appel 2011-09-30 01:14

my MG hyper mode god gundam just arrived^^ the sprues are SOO pretty! :O
cant wait to build this guy when i come back from work today!

duotiga 2011-09-30 02:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3784969)

what does the Active Aeroelastic Wing for the RG Freedom does?
can anyone explain?

Znozzy 2011-09-30 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3785247)
Okay, I'm done with my 1/100 Chaos with only minor painting too.

And now finally my Sword Impulse won't be lonely anymore :D

So this mark my first variable MS. Still, The transformation is not that complex. Though I gotta tell you that the MA mode of Chaos is one of the strangest designs I met. I think it's supposed to resemble a bird (with talons and all), but it has no wings! :heh: So, maybe more like a chicken? :heh:

Sniffles, i miss my 1/100 chaos and sword impulse, they where both unlucky enough to be constant shelfdivers, the 1/100 chaos is great though, i love the simple wierd .. ostrich? chicken? transformation, not to mention the shield looks great with the two vulcans on it

maknaedik 2011-09-30 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3785508)
I for one love Abyss and Gaia more than Chaos coz their variable mode are actually cool and quite rare. I mean, we don't see a Gundam that can turn into a submarine or a zoid(?) in every series :D (Man, if only those two has at least been made as 1/100, I would've complete the trio :(). As for Chaos' MA mode......well, as I stated before, it's very odd :uhoh: and not cool at all :heh:. Still, I love Chaos in its MS mode. It looks elegant and badass at the same time. Heck, that's why I bought it. :D

Yes, too bad they only made a 1/100 for Chaos. I'd be happy to buy a Gaia, but I'd buy the orange version.

@Appel Nice haul! What I'm afraid of those chrome parts are the black marks that it'll leave. I'm not that clean when it comes to snapbuilding

suiton629 2011-09-30 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3786149)
Yes, too bad they only made a 1/100 for Chaos. I'd be happy to buy a Gaia, but I'd buy the orange version.

@Appel Nice haul! What I'm afraid of those chrome parts are the black marks that it'll leave. I'm not that clean when it comes to snapbuilding

I would just get the MG God Gundam, prime the entire thing in white, and then paint it in chrome gold...

=D

Exia_00 2011-09-30 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3784782)
On a different note. I wanna ask to those who have the MG Destiny: How, strong is the connection of the backpack to the body? And is the display base with it that reliable? Seeing as mount to the base is used on the backpack, it made me worry that it may eventually fall.

I have the MG Destiny E.B.M. and the backpack to the actual suit is pretty decent i havent had an issue with Destiny falling off when its mounted on its stand and ive had it since it came out. actually id be more worried about the mobile suit eventually wearing out the stand if u keep moving it as u can change its angle on a vertical axis

maknaedik 2011-09-30 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3786152)
I would just get the MG God Gundam, prime the entire thing in white, and then paint it in chrome gold...

=D

Is there any chrome paint available? I haven't seen one my entire life though. Would love to buy one even if it's expensive. All I can see are gold finishes, but they never shine like the chrome parts like MG Exia IM's GN Sword I

suiton629 2011-09-30 13:12

You can always use silver, and then pearl top coat it. =)

Chiu_fan 2011-09-30 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exia_00 (Post 3786163)
I have the MG Destiny E.B.M. and the backpack to the actual suit is pretty decent i havent had an issue with Destiny falling off when its mounted on its stand and ive had it since it came out. actually id be more worried about the mobile suit eventually wearing out the stand if u keep moving it as u can change its angle on a vertical axis

I won't really change the angle of the vertical axis on the base too much. I'm just worried that the weight of the whole kit will affect the connection between the main body and the backpack when it is mounted on the base. And is there no other way for you to mount it on an action base without using the custom piece? I'm currently deciding on whether or not to get this kit now or on a later date.

suiton629 2011-09-30 14:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3786241)
I won't really change the angle of the vertical axis on the base too much. I'm just worried that the weight of the whole kit will affect the connection between the main body and the backpack when it is mounted on the base. And is there no other way for you to mount it on an action base without using the custom piece? I'm currently deciding on whether or not to get this kit now or on a later date.

Get it later. Or, if you're going to get the Extreme Blast Mode one, then get it now.

Appel 2011-09-30 14:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by maknaedik (Post 3786149)

the nubs on special versions like the hyper mode gundams or on kits like the hyaku shiki are always really bad.
but with a metallic gold marker its not THAT bad. no one will notice most of the nubs this way.

i also just finished the kit!^^ its a very decent model but it is very obvious that it is one of the first MGs with a full inner frame. its pretty flimsy here and there and it needs quite a lot of screws!

http://www.abload.de/img/foto1051co27.jpg
(sorry for the quality, but taking a photo of this guy without any natural light and with my camera light is pretty much impossible because its so shiny! XD)

like i said, the nub marks are pretty bad so i suggest investing 2 bucks into a metallic gold marker, its worth it for this kit! you can cover most nubs very nicely this way.

whats really cool though is that it actually has two different shades of shiny gold pieces! everything that was originally white has a lighter shade of gold than the pieces that were originally red or blue which looks really cool.

overall i can totally recommend this guy :P whether you buy the original version or the hyper mode version is up to you though^^
i chose the hyper mode version because i didnt have one of the all golden suits yet and because it was finally in stock again.

suiton629 2011-09-30 14:47

Like I said...

1. get the regular
2. use a white primer
3. spray/paint/airbrush chrome gold (aka "leaf gold" in tamiya terms)
4. spray on a clear pearl top coat

Appel 2011-09-30 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 3786284)
Like I said...

1. get the regular
2. use a white primer
3. spray/paint/airbrush chrome gold (aka "leaf gold" in tamiya terms)
4. spray on a clear pearl top coat

that works but in the end that would be more expensive then just buying the hyper mode g gundam and a marker^^ and it probably looks about the same XD

suiton629 2011-09-30 15:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3786290)
that works but in the end that would be more expensive then just buying the hyper mode g gundam and a marker^^ and it probably looks about the same XD

It'll look better, and the gold will last longer and be more balanced.