AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Episode 4 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80806)

Bonta Kun 2009-04-23 19:28

Mio-chan and Mugi-chan were just :love::love::love:

They had the bit with Ritsu throwing the ball at Mio so its all good here! altho I think its funnier in the manga:heh:

Mio-chan Maid transformation = :love::love::love:

Mio-chan Super Cute Sparkly = :love::love::love:

Mio-chan at pillow hugging = :love::love::love:

I just loved this ep, it is awesome!

nitpick of the ep: that train window should not have opened that way:heh:

preview: HELL YEAH!!! Its oh so lovely sensei time!:love::love::love:

sry for my over use of smileys, it couldn't be helped

Peanutbutter 2009-04-23 22:26

I can so imagine another 36 seconds summary of this episode. :heh:

Mio, moe, Mio, moe... :heh:

Nochgo 2009-04-23 23:49

moe moe kyuuuu <3333333333
lol Mio is just overkill for me. I spend about as much time as taking snapshots as watching the episode, lol. Anyhow, being a episode full of mio service, I just can't keep myself from giving this episode a 10 ^^;.

Subarunyon 2009-04-23 23:51

Hehe I love how Mio's so oldschool with the film camera and tape recorder :D I use film cameras myself on top of my digital. Great episode. Much better than the manga imo. I'd say I recommend reading the manga too, helps understanding the raws and doesnt really ruin the ep for the most part since Kyoani does a really good job adapting.

kenjiharima 2009-04-24 00:21

Finally an episode I've always wanted! 10/10

Spoiler for The girls:

AHAHAHHAHAHA~~~!!! *dies of blood loss*

Luminisk 2009-04-24 01:35

Mio is just too much.

Kaioshin Sama 2009-04-24 01:46

I have yet to find out what makes Mio stand out so much to some people, even in terms of basic moeness. Maybe I'll catch on later though.....unless it's just another one of those popular trends where a few people say a character is awesome and then everybody starts agreeing and it just snowballs from there until it's the expected reaction/opinion.

animeffs13240 2009-04-24 01:59

not that bad

yes yes a long awaited beach episode to see mio in a bikini (BOING!!!) but thinking isn't a light music club cause the tape sounds like hard rock and did anyone catch the ozzy osbourne book oh well i prefer hard rock anyways
Spoiler for favorite parts:

looks like someone has perfect pitch *jealousy* wanna make it to budakon then PRACTICE can't wait for next episode

Sheba 2009-04-24 02:39

Even with all the Mioservice, Yui still manage to stand on her own. So she did that nice guitar tune but don't know the basics? It's almost like Hanamichi, who did not know the basics and had to learn them but have some great abilities in basketball. Oh yah, she apparently have scene presence too.

vedicardi 2009-04-24 03:07

Yui played better than my friend who has been playing for a full year practicing every day... XD

There was a lot in here for fans of this show on both sides, the ones in it for the musical aspect, those in for the humor, and those in for the "moe." The Ozzy record and the tape of the old band were both great for me, and with the fireworks scene, I have regained faith in the series.

I don't mind if they cheat a bit with making Yui good naturally or whatever like that. I just hope they don't take that type of thing too far, and actually allow her skills to develop a bit more before just throwing her out there as a full scale vituoso.

Good episode, and the next episode looks like it will be even better! Color me excited.

note: That wasn't "Hard Rock," that was some good old Metal (though with only that short of time being played of it, I can't say a subgenre XD)

AnimeTheme 2009-04-24 03:41

Judging from this episode alone... it's really hard not to say that Mio is the lead character LOL

khryoleoz 2009-04-24 04:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedicardi (Post 2359333)
Yui played better than my friend who has been playing for a full year practicing every day... XD

Yeah. If real life developed as easily and effortless and as fast as anime did. Nevermind technique, the memorization of notes on the fingerboard in at least 3 dimensions and the ear training required to play something like she did if she improvised it is something that takes more than three months for certain. She must be a genius like Mozart or a prodigy like Mendelssohn.

But why does the bass player get the shaft? There's a Marshall half-stack and a Vox combo in the space, and Mio plugs into a crummy Peavey small combo amp? Come on! Give the girl an SWR or Eden head with a 4x10 cab. I mean, this is bass, the most important member of the band upon which both the music's style as given by the groove and the harmonic context as established by that fundamental are built.

KiNA 2009-04-24 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle (Post 2358062)
*Jaw drops*

Mio's moe meter has now gone...
Spoiler for CAPS and emoticon spam:

Mio already had a mass moe-appeal because of her personality from the manga, but Kyo-Ani somehow, whether intentionally or not, amplified it a hundred fold, without even having to make her OOC at all.

*nods in agreement*

Moe meter was overloaded in this episode courtesy of Mio alone :love:

I honestly believe, if that glassy teacher joins them in beach episode, she wears g-string :o

*am pervert by nature, sorry*

Kaioshin Sama 2009-04-24 05:34

......And yet despite my increasingly lowered expectations for this I end up underwhelmed. Honestly, what is it going to take? I'm almost certain there is something special in this series waiting to burst out, but it looks like I am going to have to wait until the last few minutes of the last episode to see it at this rate. Still warrants an average rating though.

KiNA 2009-04-24 05:44

What do you actually expect from a slice of life series about 4 school girls? Really ..

Ottocycle 2009-04-24 05:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheba (Post 2359301)
Even with all the Mioservice, Yui still manage to stand on her own. So she did that nice guitar tune but don't know the basics? It's almost like Hanamichi, who did not know the basics and had to learn them but have some great abilities in basketball. Oh yah, she apparently have scene presence too.

She's turning out to be a natural, klutz as she is off stage. Eagerly awaiting the episode when she breaks out of her cocoon and comes into her own.

Yes, I'm a heathen, I was ok with Mioservice, but I like Yui's little guitar bits best.:heh:

Sheba 2009-04-24 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiNA (Post 2359524)
What do you actually expect from a slice of life series about 4 school girls? Really ..

Heaven forbids he start watching Aria and Hidamari Sketch.

RisArk 2009-04-24 05:55

Smallest villa what the fu......

Ashlotte 2009-04-24 06:05

Alot stronger episode then last one for sure with more of a balanced group focus this time around.

I know the shows more SoL, but I can't wait until they start playing more. :love:

ucit 2009-04-24 06:22

i think the progreesing bit slow ... :P