AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Light Novels (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=157)
-   -   Hidan no Aria [Light Novel] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=103429)

Cosmic Eagle 2011-04-17 02:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari (Post 3574374)
とハヤテのごとくで同じでしょう?

Well, I might add that I really do feel the fuzzy feeling of 感動 when I'm translating something emotional.
And then I'm all like...

こんな気持ちは…何だ?

あ。。そうでしょ。ハヤテと同じだよ。

私の場合は面をwwwwの様子。

And that I'll be like...something heartwarming in my rather crappy surroundings.

Nera Sleith 2011-04-17 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 3574362)
感動?

moved? That's not it....let's just say, that warm fuzzy feel and the attachment to the characters in the story. Really, it's the characters that drive this series unlike say Index where plot drives it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari (Post 3574374)
Well, I might add that I really do feel the fuzzy feeling of 感動 when I'm translating something emotional.
And then I'm all like...

こんな気持ちは…何だ?

Something like that. xD
I can't really explain it well with words. The meaning is close to being "touched" or "moved" yet different.
And the easiest way to make others understand it is to have them feel the same 感動 you experienced.

It's kinda like being "moe-d", where it's hard to explain it. (lol, sorry for using this as an example)
It's similar to being "turned-on", yet it's still not quite right.

いわゆる、表現しがたい感情によるものなのです。
あえて、他の方に同じ感動を体験させるの方が説明しやすいだと思います。

Icy.Tear 2011-04-17 03:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by nera sleith (Post 3574394)
something like that. Xd
i can't really explain it well with words. The meaning is close to being "touched" or "moved" yet different.
And the easiest way to make others understand it is to have them feel the same 感動 you experienced.

It's kinda like being "moe-d", where it's hard to explain it. (lol, sorry for using this as an example)
it's similar to being "turned-on", yet it's still not quite right.

いわゆる、表現しがたい感情によるものなのです。
あえて、他の方に同じ感動を体験させるの方が説明しやすいだと思います。

Good point. At any rate, I agreed with you and said that Japanese is a very specific language.
Also, I realized that I had gotten better at Japanese after reading HnA.

And I was proud.

That about sums it up.

Well anyways, I haven't even started Baka to Test and I don't think I'll be working on it for a while, since like lare said, I want to steamroll HnA while anime is airing.

There's a lot more views already Oo

kuroishinigami 2011-04-17 04:18

Ummm, don't want to spoil the fun, but I think the forum rules state that's we're supposed to use English here. Well, I guess your posts will just get deleted if found by the moderator, but I think it's a good idea to just erase it before being found? Or maybe edit it to add some English word so it's not all in Japanese XD.

Nera Sleith 2011-04-17 05:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari (Post 3574416)
Good point. At any rate, I agreed with you and said that Japanese is a very specific language.
Also, I realized that I had gotten better at Japanese after reading HnA.

And I was proud.

That about sums it up.

Well anyways, I haven't even started Baka to Test and I don't think I'll be working on it for a while, since like lare said, I want to steamroll HnA while anime is airing.

I think your argument done in the HnA anime thread had a fruitful effect.
Now, people are checking out the light novels.
v1c2 has 11K views already.

kuroishinigami 2011-04-17 05:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari (Post 3574416)

No hurry. Just d it when you feel like it, just like me :heh: Although, the faster we're finished with Baka to test, the faster I will start helping with HnA, if you haven't finished them all by then that is :heh:

How about you also help us on baka to test while working on HnA, Nera? :D

Icy.Tear 2011-04-17 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 3574480)
No hurry. Just d it when you feel like it, just like me :heh: Although, the faster we're finished with Baka to test, the faster I will start helping with HnA, if you haven't finished them all by then that is :heh:

Nera's busy with 3D world, I'm translating by myself until June XD

Nera Sleith 2011-04-17 05:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuroishinigami (Post 3574480)

I wish I could, but I only have free time during Sat and Sun. :(
And those 2 days I dedicate myself in reading LNs.
Otherwise, I would go insane if I don't get my light novel fix. xD

kuroishinigami 2011-04-17 06:05

lol. I kinda understand that. I have to get my LN fix every night to lessen my stress XD. That or game lol.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-04-17 06:33

You know come to think of it....Shirayuki should just dual wield an M60 and her katana....

Then she really would be a war god.

Also, has there been a pic of Ranbyou and the other Masters? I get the feeling that they could rip Kinji and co up with ease or take on EU and do some serious damage at the very least.

tsunade666 2011-04-17 06:45

The only Master I saw is the one in Lezzard. The one who smokes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomknight (Post 3574276)
i wonder if crossdress makes a guy grow boobs because i just saw a pic of volume 9 of Kana in swimsuit and.... i cant believe it i saw boobs :twitch:

That's not Kana. That's the same girl in vol 6. I think it's from connect or something. Not sure. She's the clumsy type girl.

Nera Sleith 2011-04-17 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 3574534)
You know come to think of it....Shirayuki should just dual wield an M60 and her katana....

Then she really would be a war god.

Only if the law would allow it. Unfortunately, M60 is an illegal weapon in Butei.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3574541)
That's not Kana. That's the same girl in vol 6. I think it's from connect or something. Not sure. She's the clumsy type girl.

Ah, that's Misaki then. That girl is as weird as the other Butei students.

Icy.Tear 2011-04-17 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3574541)
The only Master I saw is the one in Lezzard. The one who smokes.

There's a picture of Ranbyou, yes.

Anh_Minh 2011-04-17 06:54

I'm currently getting through vol2, and I want to take back every nice thing I've ever said or thought about Kinji. What a friggin inconsiderate moron.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-04-17 07:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari (Post 3574551)
There's a picture of Ranbyou, yes.

What vol is it?

Icy.Tear 2011-04-17 07:20

Just kidding, not Ranbyou, Tsuduri. My bad for getting your hopes up ^^

Cosmic Eagle 2011-04-17 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari (Post 3574571)
Just kidding, not Ranbyou, Tsuduri. My bad for getting your hopes up ^^

She's Dagula yes?

Quote:

I think your argument done in the HnA anime thread had a fruitful effect.
Now, people are checking out the light novels.
v1c2 has 11K views already.
これはいいじゃないかもしれないよ。。。

Really...to get a viewer boost like that ^^;

tsunade666 2011-04-17 07:42

Is Tsuduri lezzard or Dagula? I'm confused on what section are for interrogating.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 3574552)
I'm currently getting through vol2, and I want to take back every nice thing I've ever said or thought about Kinji. What a friggin inconsiderate moron.

Vol 2? right that volume. I really hate Kinji on that volume. Makes me want to kick his bal*s ____________________________

Nera Sleith 2011-04-17 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 3574578)
She's Dagula yes?

According to the v3 novel illustrations, yes, she's Dagula.
Dagula is the one responsible for interrogation.

Lezzad's instructor is Chan Wu.
It's not a name that you encounter in the novel much.
Masters don't get much love in the novel for some reason. xD
So far the names that I remembered already mentioned in the novels are, Tsuduri (Dagula), Ranbyou (Assault), Sayanaki (Ambulace) and Nangou (Snipe, I remember her in v7 when Kinji called her about Reki)

Cosmic Eagle 2011-04-17 07:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nera Sleith (Post 3574584)
According to the v3 novel illustrations, yes, she's Dagula.

Lezzad's instructor is Chan Wu.
It's not a name that you encounter in the novel.
Masters don't get much love in the novel for some reason. xD
So far the names that I remembered already mentioned in the novels are, Tsuduru (Dagula), Ranbyou(Assault), Sayanaki(Ambulace) and Nangou (Snipe, I remember her in v6 when Kinji called him about Reki)

Must be the scariest of them all then....I don't want to see what Inquisition style methods they use in there....

Technically Sayanaki is Vlad though so I doubt if he counts as one of them....