AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

suiton629 2013-11-15 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4909636)
Wouldn't you rather want a Avalanche Exia than a simple re-color of a kit you already own or that you could simple re-paint?

Yea. Sure. But that one has less of a chance of being made even as online exclusive since it would require a crap ton of new parts.

Skye629 2013-11-15 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4909551)

You need an URL of the image file.

Or, you could upload photos to like IMGur or Photobucket and use the image URLs that way,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4909588)
ZeroXSEED lives in Indonesia like he said some pages ago ;).

Upload your personal pictures to image-hosting sites like IMGUR or photobucket or your personal album in Animesuki. Then insert the individual pic's URLs when you push the "insert image" command when you make a new post.

Oh, he's in Indonesia, nvm then

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4909616)
I want to mention, if you're going to be posting a large collection of images, please use the "images" tag in order to group the content together and prevent large amounts of loading for other users.

It's used similarly to the spoiler tag or, in other words, like this:

[images]...your content goes here...[/images]

You can also add a descriptive label, just like a spoiler tag:

[images=My Collection of Gundam Model Images]...your images go here...[/images]

The other option would be to use post thumbnails that link to the full image. This is another nice way to provide a preview of the content.

Thanks!

Ah thanks guys! So all I need to do is make an account then Im good to go?

suiton629 2013-11-15 18:34

All you need is a website that can host image files.

And then you would type like this..

[.spoiler][img]put in the URL of the image file here[/img][/spoiler.]

Without the period marks.

Providenceangle 2013-11-15 20:33

Looks like MG X is going to use the same finger swapping as the newer wing/seed kits.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Can't say I'm a fan, but I'll take what I can get.

StrikeFreedomV2 2013-11-15 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4909762)
Looks like MG X is going to use the same finger swapping as the newer wing/seed kits.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Can't say I'm a fan, but I'll take what I can get.

I think its save to say that the swapping fingers are the new Standard for Non-UC MGs. I believe the 00 Gundam Seven Swords was the last MG that had the old hands.

Flower 2013-11-15 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4909654)
All you need is a website that can host image files.

And then you would type like this..

[.spoiler][img]put in the URL of the image file here[/img][/spoiler.]

Without the period marks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 4909616)
I want to mention, if you're going to be posting a large collection of images, please use the "images" tag in order to group the content together and prevent large amounts of loading for other users.

It's used similarly to the spoiler tag or, in other words, like this:

[images]...your content goes here...[/images]

You can also add a descriptive label, just like a spoiler tag:

[images=My Collection of Gundam Model Images]...your images go here...[/images]

The other option would be to use post thumbnails that link to the full image. This is another nice way to provide a preview of the content.

Thanks!

Actually we would prefer the use of the images tag as opposed to the spoilers tag, ok?

Thanks! ^^

Providenceangle 2013-11-15 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4909788)
I think its save to say that the swapping fingers are the new Standard for Non-UC MGs. I believe the 00 Gundam Seven Swords was the last MG that had the old hands.

They save a lot of time when it comes to painting, but they just don't hold things well in my opinion. Plus I find they look kinda crappy lol.

suiton629 2013-11-15 21:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4909807)
They save a lot of time when it comes to painting, but they just don't hold things well in my opinion. Plus I find they look kinda crappy lol.

I actually prefer the swapping hands. Besides, you at least have multiple hands whereas the previous standard you only had 1 pair of hands where the pointer and thumb were separate, and there's just a peg on the palm.

Skye629 2013-11-15 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flower (Post 4909797)
Actually we would prefer the use of the images tag as opposed to the spoilers tag, ok?

Thanks! ^^

kk ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4909762)
Looks like MG X is going to use the same finger swapping as the newer wing/seed kits.
Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Can't say I'm a fan, but I'll take what I can get.

Better yet it seems the Satellite cannon solar panels looks like it has room for a nice clear part in them over a silver/chrome sticker/paintjob

ZeroXSEED 2013-11-16 00:25

Out of ignorance, what do you guys mean swapping fingers?

Does that mean they get more than one set of hand?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-16 01:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4910024)
Out of ignorance, what do you guys mean swapping fingers?

Does that mean they get more than one set of hand?

Swapping fingers mean different finger-set (eg. trigger-finger for guns, holding-fingers for beam sabers, etc). There's no movable fingers. This trend was started by MG Wing EW lines.

The older MGs like SEED & Destiny line have only a single type of hands with movable fingers and a peg in each palm of the hand to hold weapons (the old Aile Strike & Freedom MGs don't even have pegs). However, there are also exceptions like MG Strike Noir & Strike E IWSP where they also give swapping-fingers (for holding different weapons) aside from the standard movable fingers. The latest MGs from SEED line (starting from MG Duel) follow the swapping-finger trend.

Oldest UC MGs like the old RX-78-2, Mk. II ver.1, Zeta ver. 1, ZZ, Alex, etc don't even have pegs on the palm of their hands. So, holding weapons needs a bit of work. They still give you the open-hand and closed-fist variation though.

Shinobi2013 2013-11-16 02:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4910158)
However, there are also exceptions like MG Strike Noir & Strike E IWSP where they also give swapping-fingers (for holding different weapons) aside from the standard movable fingers. The latest MGs from SEED line (starting from MG Duel) follow the swapping-finger trend.

Correction, the whole hands of MG Strike Noir/Strike E as well as MG Destiny and MG Impulse is swapppable not just fingers, they resemble somehow from the latter or Bee-Craft made NG 1/100 Seed Destiny kits.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2013-11-16 02:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi2013 (Post 4910178)
Correction, the whole hands of MG Strike Noir/Strike E as well as MG Destiny and MG Impulse is swapppable not just fingers, they resemble somehow from the latter or Bee-Craft made NG 1/100 Seed Destiny kits.

Ah yes. That's what I meant. I should've said swappable-hands instead :heh:. And yes, I know about Destiny (I own it) but I never intended to mention all MG exceptions, just name 1 or 2 examples.

Appel 2013-11-16 05:45

I'm fine with swappable fingers as long as they work well.
The X is also not as big as the suits that have gotten the new articulated hands, so I am not surprised at all that they gave it the swappable fingers.

suiton629 2013-11-16 07:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 4910024)
Out of ignorance, what do you guys mean swapping fingers?

Does that mean they get more than one set of hand?

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
This is what we mean by swapping fingers.

Providenceangle 2013-11-16 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4909988)
Better yet it seems the Satellite cannon solar panels looks like it has room for a nice clear part in them over a silver/chrome sticker/paintjob

I noticed it too... I'm kinda worried about prototyping is all. It would be nice to have a clear plastic piece to put over the ... Solar panels? lol. I could see it being nice. Paint a metallic colour under it, transparent colour over the clear parts, resulting in a interesting glow effect.

suiton629 2013-11-16 14:15

I dunno. I think it looks like it'll have a clear plastic piece over bumpy plastic parts that I assume you'll put in a chrome silver color decal sticker.

Skye629 2013-11-16 17:24

Kudos to Hobbywave, getting me my order 48 hours after ordering, they'll be keeping me as a customer ^^

Anyways, hooray for Proto-Zero and Arios Designer Ver.!

Well actually they got taken away for Christmas presents lol, so I wont be seeing them again for slightly over a month xD

Not complaining though, it means I don't have to pay

suiton629 2013-11-16 17:49



Which SD's here are the best?

Skye629 2013-11-16 18:36

Out of the ones you posted:

00 and AGE are the most modern/up to date ones

And SD Wing Gundam EW, that one is fantastic (even better than the 00 and AGE ones)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:31.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.