AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Un1ver5e 2009-03-21 06:48

At least yours has a theme. Mine's just a mash, haha. Here's my humble collection.


Sir Dearka 2009-03-21 06:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2287233)

That's what I call a great choice of kits.
Well, as you might've guessed, my collection is not limited to big cannons :heh: Though I admit my favorites are among these.

duotiga 2009-03-21 06:53

my collection is even more messy.....

what i got for the wk


& 6 arm seravee!!!!!

Un1ver5e 2009-03-21 06:57

Heh, thanks. I've always felt displays with themes are more impressive though. I like the touch of having all the Dearkas around. Where did you get them from?

Here's a Lunamaria shrine I found:

http://lightningsabre.blogspot.com/2...ke-shrine.html

Sir Dearka 2009-03-21 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2287238)
Heh, thanks. I've always felt displays with themes are more impressive though. I like the touch of having all the Dearkas around. Where did you get them from?

It all generally started off when I thought it is cool to have a character figure as a match for ther suit. Showing some of the pics of my collection might make you understand the idea :D:

Spoiler for parts of my suit+character collection photo spam:


Then I thought that maybe, as a huge Dearka fan, I'll start specializing ;) So now I ended up with the bunch. Most of the time, I lurk ebay for good catches such as a Dearka figure separated from the whole set for 3$ :] To others, it is cheap. To me, it just means so much more...

@duotiga - Wow, nice Seravee. I think you just convinced me to buy both 1/144 Seraphim and Seravee :D

duotiga 2009-03-21 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2287255)

@duotiga - Wow, nice Seravee. I think you just convinced me to buy both 1/144 Seraphim and Seravee :D

but to make that, you need 2 hg seraphim & 1 seravee :eyespin:

Un1ver5e 2009-03-21 07:22

Wow. Just wow. You just convinced me that I should go look out for some figmas to add to my collection.

P.S How tall is that huge ass Lelouch?! How much did you pay for him?

Sir Dearka 2009-03-21 07:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2287263)
but to make that, you need 2 hg seraphim & 1 seravee :eyespin:

Wow, then it's a tough call for me... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2287267)
Wow. Just wow. You just convinced me that I should go look out for some figmas to add to my collection.

P.S How tall is that huge ass Lelouch?! How much did you pay for him?

The figmas are great. It is after I bought them I found out they were just FIGMA specials and are discontinued already. But you should not have any problems with getting them on ebay, I guess :] As for the tall Lelouch, he is 30 cm in height and I paid 150 dollars but luckily it was during the time when dollar was still cheap.

Man, I sure dream about having a FIGMA of a Gundam character someday...

C.A. 2009-03-21 07:39

Gundam merchandise is mainly dominated by Gunpla, Bandai, Banpresto, Konami and such, they're not going to share the meat with others. So we won't see Maxfactory and Goodsmile releasing any Gundam soon.

Un1ver5e 2009-03-21 07:46

Nah, Gundams are not meant to be held static. The process of building them is the fun part.

Sir Dearka 2009-03-21 07:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2287291)
Nah, Gundams are not meant to be held static. The process of building them is the fun part.

True if we are talking about mechas. But Max Factory never released any FIGMA with a Gundam character like Amuro or Kira. I'd buy those in a whim as Figmas have great poseability.

Hell, but even as a static figure, I find it difficult to get Kai Shiden... <looks into ebay>

C.A. 2009-03-21 08:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2287291)
Nah, Gundams are not meant to be held static. The process of building them is the fun part.

For models yes, but for character action figures, Gundam series is lacking.

There was a Ninja Lacus custom Figma made by some guy, people went crazy over seeing it.

helois 2009-03-21 08:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by duotiga (Post 2287237)

the Cherudim is a quite surprised and the 00 is thinkin "it isn't a Gundam like me" :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

as soon as i fell better i'll take photos of the Avalanche Exia and i'll try to do some videos with the stop motion... :uhoh:

JayCee 2009-03-21 14:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Un1ver5e (Post 2287233)




Really nice collection you have there. More than I currently have lol. Btw how's the articulation on the nadleeh as I may be interested in buying that kit sometime.

On another note here's some pics of my lowly kits. It may not be much and it's no pro work but hope you guys enjoy.

(To be honest I'm too anal for my own good so gonna re-do the strike and finish the decals on the unicorn in the pic when I have the time before starting my project gundam black op's team).



Un1ver5e 2009-03-21 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayCee (Post 2287864)
Really nice collection you have there. More than I currently have lol. Btw how's the articulation on the nadleeh as I may be interested in buying that kit sometime.

On another note here's some pics of my lowly kits. It may not be much and it's no pro work but hope you guys enjoy.

(To be honest I'm too anal for my own good so gonna re-do the strike and finish the decals on the unicorn in the pic when I have the time before starting my project gundam black op's team).



Thanks. Haha, I didn't really go test the extremes of Nadleeh's mobility cause I was more concerned with how to do his armour purge. :p I don't have much complaints with it though, the construction of it's arms are almost similar to the old MGs (I compared it with my Freedom), except that you can't move the shoulders forwards or backwards.

The legs are attached to the waist piece with ball joints, so you can't stretch them out too far. The feet are attached to the legs with also just ball joints instead of the second joint MGs have.

Maybe the only thing I have gripes about is that when you combine the pieces to form Virtue, The feet don't stay flat on the ground because of the thick armour and lack of the second ankle joint.

I'm pretty happy with this kit though, comparing the improvements Bandai have done with their NG 1/100s. While the old ones had blocky proportions, their Gundam 00 ones look rather appropriate.

Ha, lowly? Dude, they look awesome. Are those red tiny stuff stickers or decals? They add the finishing touch to a model. I hate how the sticker ones show with their sheen, while I'm too lazy to scratch out the individual decals.

Btw, how did you make the white background for your photoshoots? Is there any kind of program I can use?

ryanvamp 2009-03-22 00:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 2287300)
True if we are talking about mechas. But Max Factory never released any FIGMA with a Gundam character like Amuro or Kira. I'd buy those in a whim as Figmas have great poseability.

Hell, but even as a static figure, I find it difficult to get Kai Shiden... <looks into ebay>


I would kill (ok, not that much, but spend a lot of money yes) for FIGMA's of gundam characters, specially from 0079 and Zeta. MAYBE from 00 too. But how unlikely is that?

JackRydden224 2009-03-22 00:48

Has anybody mentioned that HG Arche is coming in May and HG Susanoo in July?

GN0010 Nosferatu 2009-03-22 00:54

Apparently, there are 5 more 00 slots for the Robot Damashii line.

I say it's the Trans-Am colors of the other Gundams, plus the limited edition Trans-Am 00.

MakubeX2 2009-03-22 02:31

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/6...7700317727.jpg
http://www.vpmodel.com/news/news090319.html

kk2extreme 2009-03-22 02:41

badass :eyespin:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.