AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Episode 12 [FINALE] Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82898)

Tamad 2009-06-28 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_TempesT (Post 2477332)
You obviously do not know how much success/popularity this series has gotten in Japan. It is hardly a let down.

I really loved this episode. I watched it probably 4 times (at least the last 1/3). I really hope they make another season (I'm sure they will). I will definitely look forward to it.

I don't really think the popularity/success of a show in Japan is a factor you throw in when you determine whether you like the show personally or not.

But that's just me.

relentlessflame 2009-06-28 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tamad (Post 2477540)
I don't really think the popularity/success of a show in Japan is a factor you throw in when you determine whether you like the show personally or not.

But that wasn't what he said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akka (Post 2472002)
Hope it was their B-team on a low budget, and that the real talent is being spent on the second Haruhi season, because it certainly wasn't here :-/

It's simply the old "just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it sucks" argument.

Tamad 2009-06-28 13:54

Oh, oops. That completely flew over my head, sorry.

Vexx 2009-06-29 11:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by yezhanquan (Post 2477448)
I still maintain that it was too early for KyoAni to move in. Some of the later gags in the manga are really good.

I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice little series of OVAs as the manga progresses - especially if they write more tunes and music videos that have that "Beatles/Monkees/ZONE/popcandy-with-a-hard-edge" flavor.

SeiSama 2009-06-29 12:49

it was fun and light series, with no braintwisting things. I watched it to relax and I don't regret about the time I had spent on it.
'bout the ending: I think it was as someone said earlier a complete circle for Yui. No sense at all. just some part of life of the school music club. so I think we can't expect a great ending. final concert is good too.
PS I wish they invited Ui in the club, it would be very nice.

Akka 2009-06-29 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 2477728)
But that wasn't what he said:It's simply the old "just because you didn't like it doesn't mean it sucks" argument.

Don't really see what's the link is with how popular it was in Japan, though. It's not because something is popular that it means there was the best team on it - quality, sadly, doesn't necessarily translate into success, and vice versa.

And I know that not everyone has the same tastes, but my sentence was more to be read as a "I hope that this work was indeed a floppy one from their side, because if it wasn't, it means that they may make work again in the future where they would put their best and I would still find it lacking".

Well, I'm not sure I'm being very clear here. Hope the meaning will not be lost in translation.

yezhanquan 2009-06-29 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 2479773)
I certainly wouldn't turn down a nice little series of OVAs as the manga progresses - especially if they write more tunes and music videos that have that "Beatles/Monkees/ZONE/popcandy-with-a-hard-edge" flavor.

Aye.

Spoiler for manga:

OkamiNoKaze 2009-07-01 22:36

Great ending episode, like many the lip thing kind of bugged me a bit too, though it didn't hurt the performances that bad.

Here's a paraphrase/parody from Dethklok to summerize this series, "We're here to make band anime moe, everything moe, fluffier then the fluffiest fluff times infinite" I imagine it being said by Ritsu

ZephyrLeanne 2009-07-04 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by zharth (Post 2468369)
The titular "Azusa nigou" in the song refers to a train, I believe.

It's from Sailor Moon. But taken at face value, it means:

あずさ2号

Which means.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JRE_E257_1.JPG

Route: Matsumoto (0602hrs) - Tokyo (0927hrs)

Timetable here.

Amber.Dawn 2009-07-11 13:35

I'd say overall this was a good episode. The lip thing was really annoying though.

coderlan 2009-10-14 20:22

^They could have made a better mouth animation.

yui_hirasawa 2010-07-03 14:47

Kay, I might be confused. So, if episode 12 is the finale, but episode 13 is ALSO in the first season. I've watched season one and two, but is episode 13 the preview I guess??

CrowKenobi 2010-07-03 14:53

Think of episode 13 as a broadcast OVA. :D

Moogie 2010-07-03 14:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by yui_hirasawa (Post 3119532)
Kay, I might be confused. So, if episode 12 is the finale, but episode 13 is ALSO in the first season. I've watched season one and two, but is episode 13 the preview I guess??

Episode 12 is the end of the series, but episode 13 is just an extra episode and 14 is an OVA. Then it continues on with season 2.