AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ore no Imouto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Ore no Imouto - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98740)

Pellissier 2010-10-31 07:25

Ore no Imouto - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Ore no Imouto, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Klashikari 2010-10-31 12:41

Spoiler:

Francismeunier 2010-10-31 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3324899)
Spoiler:

Very well said! I for one knew a little about Ayase's reaction to this based on the ED's lyrics. I think it gave away a good portion of how you saw it. Still the way Ayase reacted was not mature at all at first. I personally would go with her resolution of it that might be mature slightly but do wonder what you think about that.

Also Kyousuke is going to be depended on, since this episode he does again a lot for Kirino.

margafred 2010-10-31 13:22

Spoiler for Episode 5 of OreImo:

Arkard 2010-10-31 13:54

Ep. 5

Spoiler for Ep. 5:

serenade_beta 2010-10-31 15:03

Spoiler for ep5:

Mentar 2010-10-31 15:05

Sorry, I have to disagree with Klashikari and s_b, I'm _very_ happy with the conversion :) ... it's not quite easy to watch in some spots, but I absolutely love how they executed it. I guess you might be underestimating the impact of "otaku against 'normal' Japanese society" some, but I can perfectly understand their strong reactions. Keep in mind, essentially Ayase was denying Kirino's existence in a way...

Aaah, Kyousuke, I hope that the karma points you're accumulating will someday be redeemed in your favor. You're going WAY beyond what's normal for a brother, and the rewards from Kirino are so completely insufficient yet. Most painful "Keikaku doori" ever.

Oh, and I need to commend Hayami Saori's VA performance as Ayase. I thought she was amazing, and she has just jumped on my shortlist of "seiyuus to watch".

Clarste 2010-10-31 15:09

Hmm, this seems kind of repetitive. I can't see the practical difference between this and the last arc. If he resolves everything the same way then it's not interesting anymore.

Excorsism 2010-10-31 15:10

Spoiler for ep 5:

Sprite_Coke 2010-10-31 15:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentar (Post 3325087)
Oh, and I need to commend Hayami Saori's VA performance as Ayase. I thought she was amazing, and she has just jumped on my shortlist of "seiyuus to watch".

Agreed, she's always been ... I don't want to say weak, but kind of... passive?, girls.

Francismeunier 2010-10-31 16:43

Will we get a nice behind fan service uncensor judging from this?=> Was this in the novels anyways? Or it is another ploy to rank in more money? I also noticed stuff changed in the OP again.
Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 3325084)
Spoiler for ep5:

Spoiler for ep5:

Way? There was nothing wrong with it! :D Replied to you serenade_beta

dahl_moon 2010-10-31 17:05

Wow, they're really trying to cover as much ground in 1 cour as possible. There are a few cuts that make me a bit unhappy; I feel it made Kyousuke too confrontational to Kirino and Ayase too much in denial mode.
Spoiler for Novel content:

winkel 2010-10-31 17:09

The characterization felt superficial and over-exaggerated because it was rushed. So definitely agree with serenade_beta and Klashikari there, it's the way it was presented, so it's not surprising that people react to it in such a manner. Anyone else happy with it is just defensing or ignorant.

But the original source didn't play out completely like that, and it had more events that helped lead up to the resolution and the stances of the respective characters so the reader could understand more where they were coming from, which AIC clearly cut out in interest of time (what are they rushing for, I still don't understand).

Francismeunier 2010-10-31 17:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by dahl_moon (Post 3325230)
Wow, they're really trying to cover as much ground in 1 cour as possible. There are a few cuts that make me a bit unhappy; I feel it made Kyousuke too confrontational to Kirino and Ayase too much in denial mode.
Spoiler for Novel content:

So assuming what you said she is for Tokyo loli ban then? Too bad she does not realize the 2D does not = to 3D. I am assuming she must also against violent games like Doom or Wolfstein 3D?

bombyethan1000 2010-10-31 18:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Francismeunier (Post 3325207)
Will we get a nice behind fan service uncensor judging from this?=> Was this in the novels anyways? Or it is another ploy to rank in more money? I also noticed stuff changed in the OP again.

Man Kirino sure has nice ass there, damn the steam is blocking the view...
Indeed I would be totally grateful if there was uncensor in the DVD/Bluray, of course that would be nearly impossible
I find it funny that kyousuke went back to his father to do all the research for kirino, his father's initial reaction was amusing.

Dist 2010-10-31 18:37

The only thing that I can say about this episode is that : Ayase is such a bitch.
I hope that there won't be much screentime for her, she's really annoying.

Margafred : That's wrong. It's supposed to be Just as planned, not As Planned ...

Seihai 2010-10-31 18:38

So Ayase actually turned out to be worse than the opposite that I desired.
Wow, that rain / press hand till it hurts / Ayase's terrified look / voice etc.-scene gave me the creeps. LOL Nice gif, Francis...
Hmm, similar pattern as the arc before. :x
Poor Kuroneko, that was mean of Kirino to say even if her language is just like that.
Wow, this was just awkward.
I really feel bad for Kyousuke. Hmm, for some reason I'm looking forward to the next episode A LOT now.

Hooves 2010-10-31 18:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanish (Post 3325365)
I really feel bad for Kyousuke. Hmm, for some reason I'm looking forward to the next episode A LOT now.

I actually do feel bad for Kyousuke here as well :( having to go through all these punishments, and warnings to keep Kirino on the good side of everyone else. I'm just surprised that he can keep on going with being a nice brother to Kirino...

Hypernova 2010-10-31 18:44

Usoda!!!

Yeah Ayase sounds like the type to go through with the threat of killing him.

Excorsism 2010-10-31 18:55

I'm actually more interested in what the next episode will be about. I wonder if it will cover the chapters omitted from volume 2 or the anime just might steamroll through the original source and stop somewhere midway and do a second season..

Spoiler for Vol. 2: