AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Appel 2012-01-06 11:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3934919)
Thanks! It was a fun build.

Maybe but the painted one on the manual shows blue but screenshots show green.:heh:

With that done, I have no models to build again. Currently looking for a new project and have been wanting to do a 1/100 Gold Frame Amatsu or MG Strike Noir. But I think I won' buy new models for now as I've finally realized that I'm seriously lacking space in my room now.:upset:

thats weird... but hey, they included the stickers and they have the right color so who cares^^

i dont have anything to build right now, too (except for an armored core model but i will paint that when it gets warmer again) and i think i wont buy anything for some time as well. i just dont feel like it right now :T i pre-ordered the MG duel, i think until that arrives i will make a gunpla break. maybe i will get a revell kit or something like that, they are cheap and some of them are really big so thats a plus over gunpla^^

i always wanted to make a diorama though... something with a RG-79(g) or a different kind of grunt machine... oh well, i will think about it.

Chiu_fan 2012-01-06 12:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3934925)
maybe i will get a revell kit or something like that, they are cheap and some of them are really big so thats a plus over gunpla^^

What kind off non-gunpla kits do you buy? I collect some 1/72 aircraft and some 1/35 scale tanks myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3934925)
i always wanted to make a diorama though... something with a RG-79(g) or a different kind of grunt machine... oh well, i will think about it.

I'm trying to make a diorama now for a Merkava. I'm using plaster from an art supply store to make the base and then probably make another one for my Gundam kits as well if it works.

Appel 2012-01-06 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3934990)
What kind off non-gunpla kits do you buy? I collect some 1/72 aircraft and some 1/35 scale tanks myself.

I'm trying to make a diorama now for a Merkava. I'm using plaster from an art supply store to make the base and then probably make another one for my Gundam kits as well if it works.

the only other kits i have built so far are the revell starship voyager and the revell F-14B

HasuMasu 2012-01-07 01:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 3934919)
Thanks! It was a fun build.

Maybe but the painted one on the manual shows blue but screenshots show green.:heh:

With that done, I have no models to build again. Currently looking for a new project and have been wanting to do a 1/100 Gold Frame Amatsu or MG Strike Noir. But I think I won' buy new models for now as I've finally realized that I'm seriously lacking space in my room now.:upset:

Unpainted review of the HGUC Unicorn Banshee(unicorn mode) by Hacchaka.

I now have zero doubt that I like the Banshee more. :twitch:

Chiu_fan 2012-01-07 11:18

Here's the unpainted review of the Destroy mode of the Banshee from the same guy. Like the Unicorn mode Banshee, a sticker is used for that blueish black on the forehead.

Though I like the whole design of the Banshee and all but I have to ask, why bother putting that camera sensor in the mohawk even though there's still a horn blocking it in Destroy mode?

Bonta Kun 2012-01-08 20:45

Now I'm not fan of the AGE -1 Titus, it honestly doesn't do anything that can I say anything good about however with all models they can be shown in a different light that can alter thoughts and opinions about them and I've seen the Titus in a different light.

HG 1/144 AGE-1 Titus Cannon - customized build

Note that it does take a customized to change my thinking, like it usually does but even so still not fond of the original design despite quite liking this.

Shoulder/back pack cannons are always a huge plus in my book;)

Hope to see more AGE custom builds, they are proving to be quite good base models for some pretty cool builds.

Vena 2012-01-09 00:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detective-san (Post 3936100)
I now have zero doubt that I like the Banshee more. :twitch:

Frankly, that color scheme is very bizarre to me. White or black are usually good colors to go all out in, but that deep navy blue and gold just don't sit well with me when compared to the much more subdued appearance of the Unicorn. I tend to think of blue as something that is used to compliment either red (or vise-versa) or black (again, or vise-versa) but having just blue and them some gold... meh.

Sir Dearka 2012-01-09 19:00

Anybody thinking that Master Grade Strike Gundam's head is ugly or is it just me? I prefer the High Grade 1/100 design so much more over this... ridiculous, isn't it?

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m108/p/m108_127.jpg

Appel 2012-01-09 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 3940326)
Anybody thinking that Master Grade Strike Gundam's head is ugly or is it just me? I prefer the High Grade 1/100 design so much more over this... ridiculous, isn't it?

http://dalong.net/review/mg/m108/p/m108_127.jpg

cant really say that i agree :I im pretty happy with the head of the MG version^^

Exia_00 2012-01-09 23:55

does anyone have the release dates of the banshee, I was looking on ebay and someone is claiming to have them in stock, is that even possible if its not released, or has the release date been passed?

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I am slow lol

Sir Dearka 2012-01-10 03:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 3940336)
cant really say that i agree :I im pretty happy with the head of the MG version^^

Well, then it's just me, but when I look at the vents on the head (where "nose" and "mouth" would be located if Gundams had those :]), those are much smaller in 1/100 HG and 1/60 Perfect Grade. MG vents are plain ugly to me... Not mentioning the design of panel lines (too few of them, which makes the model seem plain and uninteresting without decals). I somehow feel glad that they went for the different direction with Impulse and Justice, making them slimmer and more graceful in the process.

Just hopin' that Duel does not suffer the same fate Strike does. Seems not as its head looks ok and has no vents to meddle with ;D

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-10 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 3941087)
Well, then it's just me, but when I look at the vents on the head (where "nose" and "mouth" would be located if Gundams had those :]), those are much smaller in 1/100 HG and 1/60 Perfect Grade. MG vents are plain ugly to me... Not mentioning the design of panel lines (too few of them, which makes the model seem plain and uninteresting without decals).

Aside from the ‘mouth-vents’ that you mentioned, other notable differences is that the MG has a ‘bump’ on its forehead/V-fin that blocks the middle of Strike’s eyeline.

That makes the eyeline of the MG even more hidden than its 1/100 counterpart. Also, MG Strike's head is overall narrower than the head of the 1/100 Strike.

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-01-10 07:57

Some new jumbo sized images of the Dorado. I fucking love this thing.

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=44116

suiton629 2012-01-10 13:25

http://www.gginfinitenews.com/?p=18609

New pix of the HG AGE-2 Normal.

HiddenMessage 2012-01-10 23:44

Is Bandai making a TV version of the Wing Zero in MG?

GN0010 Nosferatu 2012-01-10 23:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenMessage (Post 3942345)

No news on that, but man wouldn't it be great. I grow SOOOOO TIRED of seeing Wing Zero Custom.

optics 2012-01-10 23:58

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/y...eenshot_03.jpg

So I bought these custom feathers for the MG Wing Zero Custom. Anyways, I have this issue with models that have "wings" like Wing, Wing Zero Custom, Freedom, Strike Freedom, etc. They all seem to suffer from looseness because the plastic plug inside the plastic port just doesn't give a tight enough hold. Was wondering if it would be wise to add glue/cement to the plug, let it dry and then plug it in so that the "wings" can be held up without falling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HiddenMessage (Post 3942345)

Eventually is my guess.

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3942358)
No news on that, but man wouldn't it be great. I grow SOOOOO TIRED of seeing Wing Zero Custom.

aha Right before I posted.

suiton629 2012-01-11 00:02

I would guess that we're gonna get a MG Wing Zero (TV), and then eventually a MG Wing Zero Custom 2.0...

What would they change with the existing MG Wing Zero Custom?

1. full inner frame
2. use newer MG hands
3. more clear parts
4. better color separation
5. improve joints like the backpack joint as well as the loose feather issues

Sir Dearka 2012-01-11 04:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 3941278)
Aside from the ‘mouth-vents’ that you mentioned, other notable differences is that the MG has a ‘bump’ on its forehead/V-fin that blocks the middle of Strike’s eyeline.

That makes the eyeline of the MG even more hidden than its 1/100 counterpart. Also, MG Strike's head is overall narrower than the head of the 1/100 Strike.

Is it possible to at least remove the 1/100 HG Strike's head and put it on the Master Grade? Would it fit at all? :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu (Post 3942358)

Wing Zero TV for now is the ONLY kit that I'd really like to get from Wing, with the exception of Talgeese III maybe :)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-01-11 05:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Dearka (Post 3942640)
Is it possible to at least remove the 1/100 HG Strike's head and put it on the Master Grade? Would it fit at all? :D

It will surely fit, but the problem is whether the 1/100 head will fit the MG's body proportion or not? If it's looks good, then it's perfect. :)

@optics: If you want to give the hinges of your wings some glue, you may want to use the not-superglue-ish glue so that the hinges can still moves. Btw, are the custom feathers any good? From your photo, it looks way thinner than the original feathers. How much does it cost?