AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hanasaku Iroha (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104205)

Pellissier 2011-05-15 00:31

Hanasaku Iroha - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Hanasaku Iroha, Episode 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

.x.crii.x. 2011-05-15 09:02

Omg...Jiroumaru FTW. xDD

and a little something for the Ko fans

Midonin 2011-05-15 09:56

Spoiler for HSI 07 - Land Air Regional Patrol:

Blaat 2011-05-15 10:09

Uh oh, it's a comedy episode...

revive4563 2011-05-15 10:37

Minchi's star eyes are so cute in this episode. :D

VentAileron 2011-05-15 10:38

I think the preview at the end told more than episode itself, plot wise that is. :p

Funny how the whole episode turned the camera away from Ohana and aimed at Tomoe instead.

Kanon 2011-05-15 10:56

Jiromaru.... :heh:
The perverted pedo LARPers :heh: :heh:

I love that the show doesn't take itself too seriously and can blend absurd comedy and excellent character development. You don't necessarily need drama to make your characters grow. I very much enjoyed the focus on Tomoe-neesan.

Glad the criticism surrounding episode three didn't affect the show.

Peanutbutter 2011-05-15 11:15

Looks like for every 3 to 4 episodes, there'll be one whacky one, and this one is another one. :heh:

And seems like next episode is serious business. :eyebrow:

FatPianoBoy 2011-05-15 11:29

This had the framework of a good episode, but that script... yeesh. We don't need that much narration in a visual medium - we can see what's happening.

I think this show just doesn't know how to restrain itself. It always has the wackiness turned up to eleven, whether it enhances the scene (waterhose) or detracts from it (rice balls). If it would just learn to read its own atmosphere and tighten up its dialogue a bit, this would be a really great show.

I really didn't appreciate that freaking 'sparkling' line turning up again, either.

Roger Rambo 2011-05-15 11:48

Tomoe episodes are the best episodes. Tomoe is officially the top level female character in this show right now.

totoum 2011-05-15 11:51

So much win in this episode.

I'd list my favorite moments but I'd just end up listing everything that happened in this episode.

Though the get some gets a special mention.

Next episode looks quite a bit more dramatic though.

serenade_beta 2011-05-15 12:08

The beginning and the end were the only parts worth much this episode.
In other words, practically a whole episode wasted.

And on top of that, the comedy wasn't... that funny either.

Hurry up, Kou-chan. The lack of drama is horrible... We need YOU to stir something up.
(Not that I'm getting my hopes up)

Anh_Minh 2011-05-15 12:19

Damn, now I want to marry Tomoe...

Jirou reminded me of that maso guy in Canaan...

james0246 2011-05-15 12:22

Am I the only one that thought the LARPers were kind of endearing in their very straightforward approach to peeping? :).

This was another very charming episode, with some damn good acting from Mamiko Noto. In fact, probably the best (non-comedy) parts of the episode occurred in the 10 foot radius of Tomoe's Kitchen/Living Room as she talked to her mother on the phone (I can't help but love those brief conversations, if only because they sound exactly like conversations I've had with my Mother :). This is yet more great dialogue from Mari Okada).

That being said, I disliked many of the directorial decisions throughout the episode (like Nako speeding away with funny sound effect accompaniment; or the closing iris wipe (which should only ever be used by Looney Toons), etc), and felt the episode went a little too far into the realm of craziness (case and point, Jiromaru’s starring role in the Battle of Kissuisō). But, the emotional core was still solid, and I gained a real appreciation for Tomoe. 7/10

Side note, I loved Tomoe's room (very well designed); and I loved her yellow jacket with white stripe...simple, yet cool...

~Yami~ 2011-05-15 12:30

woohoo.. it's a very funny episode...

nice one Commander Tomoe...
even though I don't think that there will be customers like that in reality... lol

anyway, I can see Ko~chan will appear again
and looks like something serious will happen in next episode....

ID555 2011-05-15 12:45

Brilliant episode. I almost thought they went a little overboard with the hilarious Fumoffu homage, but it was wrapped up nicely at the end. Great job by Tomoe's VA. I don't mind a few more Tomoe-centric episodes like this. Also..... THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IN THIS SHOW THAT MINKO WAS CUTE!!! O_O

Shadow5YA 2011-05-15 12:53

That preview... HELL YEAH, KO IS COMING TO TOWN!

At least I think he is... he better be on the train to that town and not just be on the way to school.

0utf0xZer0 2011-05-15 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anh_Minh (Post 3613432)
Damn, now I want to marry Tomoe...

Me too.:heh: I think that Tomoe is going to end up being the kind of character that makes me appreciate a character type ("cool big sis") that I didn't typically like much previously. She also reminds me how good Noto Mamiko is at these kinds of charming, energetic roles despite often being associated with soft spoken characters.

Also, for reference I can't help but wonder if we'll still get a Jiromaru/Tomoe pairing by the end. Someone needs to keep him on the straight and narrow.:heh:

As for the episode itself, I do agree with James0246 that there were a few bad directorial decisions here (including the two he mentioned), although I actually liked the script itself (including the Jiromaru bits). Overall a good explanation of a secondary character and an awful lot of fun.

From the PV, I'm guessing that next episode is going to have the one-two punch of grandma having a health scare and Ko showing up - could put a bit of a damper on the reunion. I also can't say I saw granny's health scare coming before this PV, Ohana's nosebleeds, which I still hope are just a red herring, have been the only signs in this series anyone has health issues.

Haak 2011-05-15 13:48

As soon as I saw those legs I knew it was gonna be Jirou in the bath. That scene was pure comedy. Yeah I liked this episode too despite my concerns about an overall plot. And did danyone else get the Canaan reference? GET SOME!!!!

TinyRedLeaf 2011-05-15 13:52

What is with viewers nowadays that everything must be dripping with heavyweight drama before a show is considered "respectable"? :confused:

A fun episode with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments. Just the kind of pick-me-up I need for another dreary week ahead filled with OMG real-life drama — you know, the kind where I really have to work my diminishing grey cells to portray with deathly gravity and mind-sapping accuracy — instead of getting angsty over how a light-hearted comedy isn't serious enough.