AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Mokushiroku no Yonkishi (The Four Knights of the Apocalypse) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=156338)

marvelB 2021-01-21 11:40

Mokushiroku no Yonkishi (The Four Knights of the Apocalypse)

AKA the sequel series to Nanatsu no Taizai! ;) Technically, the series starts next week, but I figured I'd get a head start on the new thread. Here's the most recent teaser for the new series until then. Oh, how I'm looking forward to this! :D

marvelB 2021-01-22 11:20

Couple of new preview pics are out:

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
Also, it's confirmed that the first chapter will be 70 pages long. Goodness, Suzuki sure hasn't been slacking off these past few months! Again, really looking forward to it! ;)

marvelB 2021-01-26 11:18

And yet another bump!

Great news, guys! The first chapter is out (though not in English yet). You can check it out here! :) Also, there's an earlier spoiler summary of the first 20 pages:

Spoiler for ch. 1:

Can't wait for the full translation! :)

Edit: Okay, some more details:

Spoiler for ch. 1:

Ramero 2021-01-26 21:02

He's like Meliodas, I do hope there will be a connection between the Seven Deadly Sins to this.

Kanon 2021-01-28 18:02

The chapter is translated now.

Spoiler for ch 1:

marvelB 2021-02-02 12:55

Chapter 2 raw is out, though it looks like the official site is hiding behind a paywall.... no matter though, I found an alternate source:

Spoiler for ch. 2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanon (Post 6458142)
Spoiler for ch 1:

In regards to the bold, another possible candidate could be the next inheritor of Sunshine (Escanor's reincarnation, perhaps?). I'd also like to say Morgan le Fay, but.... well, let's wait and see if she actually shows up in the story first, heh.

Anyway, I do think it would make for an interesting twist if Arthur is actually the villain in this one. It wouldn't be strange to consider that he eventually got corrupted by the power of Chaos, I think. Or perhaps he's under the influence of Cath Palug after consuming him, though I still think that sorta counts as form of Chaos corruption.....

Kanon 2021-02-02 19:09

Unless he's acting without/against orders, I'd say Ironside's behavior pretty much tells us Arthur is corrupted. Not to mention every shounen needs an antagonist stronger than the last, and Arthur by now should be the strongest being around.

DragonOsman 2021-02-02 20:36

I just read Chapte 1.

@Kanon: Him saying that the Four Horsemen would lead King Arthur to his doom makes me think Arthur is going to be an enemy. But something could still be amiss. It could be that not everything is as it seems.

Ramero 2021-02-03 11:17

It's still a vague story, but my expectation is either they will lead him into delivering a doomsday, or King Arthur will also become a victim.

marvelB 2021-02-09 11:57

Chapter 3 raw is out:

Spoiler for ch. 3:

DragonOsman 2021-02-09 15:23

Thanks for posting the spoilers and the raws.

He's a pervert like Meliodas. :heh: I wonder what that glow on his hands does, exactly.

marvelB 2021-02-09 16:19

^It's not so much that he's a perv, he's just very.... innocent, or naive, if you will. Again, think of Goku in early DB; he grew up in the mountains with just his grandfather, no other outside human contact, so he didn't know that women are.... built differently. This is pretty much the exact same case here, lol. BTW, apparently Elba gets shocked later on when she learns Percy's actual age (at 16, he's technically an adult despite his appearance! :heh:).

And yes, that ending is quite curious, indeed. Definitely looking forward to seeing what his newfound powers are....

Ramero 2021-02-09 17:29

lol, the way I saw Elba's reaction is like... She thought Percy was a brat but turns out he's the same age as her.

marvelB 2021-02-10 17:08

Okay, a translation's out for the chapter (not the best, but acceptable, at least). So, the Black Knight is indeed familiar with both Ironside and Bargis (Percy's gramps). What's more, he's interested in making Percy his pupil! That kinda makes it seem like this guy's not a villain, but I do find it highly questionable that he sent that wolf monster to attack the village. I mean, that beastie probably would have slaughtered everyone there if Percy's group hadn't come along....

Anyway, Black Knight's tutelage or not, it is looking like the story is leading towards Percy becoming a holy knight in the future. Perhaps having a veteran knight as a master would mean the troupe will have a second chance at becoming knights themselves (or at least Donnie, in particular). At the very least, they can use magic, even if their powers are weak. And on that subject, I've seen some speculation elsewhere that Percy's new powers may be something he inherited from an archangel! Not necessarily Sunshine (it doesn't look like he gets weaker at night anyway), but one of the other powers (Flash, Tornado, Ocean). Come to think of it, it would be pretty interesting if all four Knights of the Apocalypse were to inherit an archangel's power (of whom there were also four of, remember).....

Kanon 2021-02-10 19:47

Looks like Arthur's knights will be color themed. This dude is black, and Ironside is red.

I hadn't noticed the similarities Percival has with Goku until you mentioned it. Lived in total isolation with his grandpa, is super strong, and here we had his first interaction with a women which was similar to Goku noticing Bulma had no balls. Both are also really short for their age (Goku was still super short when he was 16), which makes me hopefully Percival will go through a growth spurt.

marvelB 2021-02-16 13:16

Next chapter's here:

Spoiler for ch. 4:

Ramero 2021-02-16 17:17

Bruh.... Do I feels like Percival becomes meta all of the sudden?

Kanon 2021-02-17 17:06

Did we hear about the various types of magic in the previous series? Hero magic apparently allows you to use any type of magic, but it probably does something more too.

marvelB 2021-02-18 11:22

^No, the last series never really explored magic in much detail. We knew it counted towards a person's overall power level, but that was about it, I think. It looks like the sequel may change that, though! ;)

DragonOsman 2021-02-21 17:44

Yeah, it's good that the sequel looks like it might go into magic in more detail.

And it's curious to me how Ironside seemed to consider the Four Knights of the Apocalypse a problem to eliminate, while this one thinks Percy being one of them makes him too valuable to die.

I think I want Percy being trained by this guy. Though like Marvel said earlier, it's not good that he had that monster attack the village.