AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Skye629 2014-04-28 01:41

Fucking hell, I finally get back into the Gunpla building groove and a key part breaks....FML, consider my motivation shot..........

Now I have to do a replacement part thing with GG, as they seem to be the only one in the US which does that stuff on a per-part order basis (tell them exactly which part, with no reliance on leftover kits only to provide parts)

Aurelis 2014-04-28 03:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5101307)
Fucking hell, I finally get back into the Gunpla building groove and a key part breaks....FML, consider my motivation shot..........

Now I have to do a replacement part thing with GG, as they seem to be the only one in the US which does that stuff on a per-part order basis (tell them exactly which part, with no reliance on leftover kits only to provide parts)

Which kit and which part in general?

*whispers* Buy a new kit!

I was taking out some of my older collection and damn, some parts are missing [HG Arche Gundam's backpack fin, RG Freedom's beam saber hilt] and some parts are broken [HG Nu Gundam's shoulder peg is cracked, HG Gerbera Tetra's shoulder shows sign of cracking].

maknaedik 2014-04-28 06:35

Start of a new SWIP: MG Destiny Impulse!

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)
I have the Sword Impulse, but no Destiny so my familiarity is only up to the body. Wings should be the same with Destiny's, but the weapons are in new plates, namely X1 and X2 which are made of the same material as Nu ver Ka's innerframe. Can't wait to do the wings.

Skye629 2014-04-28 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 5101380)
Which kit and which part in general?

*whispers* Buy a new kit!

I was taking out some of my older collection and damn, some parts are missing [HG Arche Gundam's backpack fin, RG Freedom's beam saber hilt] and some parts are broken [HG Nu Gundam's shoulder peg is cracked, HG Gerbera Tetra's shoulder shows sign of cracking].

Well I sorta over exaggerated, I can finish the kit, but it will be missing a noticeable part

Broke the front ankle armor piece of my HG Sengoku Astray (the part with the jewel/sticker above the foot)

Im probably gonna work some other kits first to see if I break any other parts then order the replacements all together (I pray to god not...)

wavehawk 2014-04-29 07:00

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-6ADRQSGUac...818050783f.jpg

...nnnggh. Still no word if the Pale Rider's going to get a regular release.

Riku186 2014-04-30 09:47

I wish someone told me before I started collecting Gunpla how addictive it is, now its too late, my collection only grows with each time I get paid. Well I resign myself to this fate.

Skye629 2014-04-30 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riku186 (Post 5104256)
I wish someone told me before I started collecting Gunpla how addictive it is, now its too late, my collection only grows with each time I get paid. Well I resign myself to this fate.

Welcome to the club

ZeroXSEED 2014-05-01 02:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riku186 (Post 5104256)
I wish someone told me before I started collecting Gunpla how addictive it is, now its too late, my collection only grows with each time I get paid. Well I resign myself to this fate.

Sup, there's no turning back

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-05-01 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riku186 (Post 5104256)
I wish someone told me before I started collecting Gunpla how addictive it is, now its too late, my collection only grows with each time I get paid. Well I resign myself to this fate.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5104760)
Welcome to the club

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5104966)
Sup, there's no turning back

Speaking of Gunpla hobby, I do know some local builders or collectors that quit it (or had to quit, or forced to quit) after getting married and become a family-man (which I think I will join them soon in that regards, hence my low activity in gunpla-building activity these days). Not saying that being married or having a family of your own is a sure dead-end for Gunpla hobby, but to some people I know, it is. Casual collectors or casual builders are usually common victims of this (at least in my country). The hardcore ones? I don’t think anything can stop them unless their hands are paralyzed due to illness or accident :heh:.

Anyway, I still love Gunpla! And I intend to continue doing it even though obviously won't be as intense as when I'm still single :D.

ZeroXSEED 2014-05-01 10:37

Whoo, congrats for the (soon to be) marriage

And yeah, I can easily find secondhand gunpla with varied price depending on build quality, most of them usually did it because retiring.

Butagami 2014-05-01 17:44

Congratulations Obelisk!
You could do what I did, get her to start as well :heh:
Right now my gunpla building has gone down lately, due to having to work a lot (going to thailand for a week and a half next wednesday, had to work my ass off to be able to pay that xp). I'm about 1/3 done with the mg Unicorn, after that mg Red Frame and hg zwei are still waiting for me.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2014-05-01 17:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5105313)
Whoo, congrats for the (soon to be) marriage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 5105657)
Congratulations Obelisk!
You could do what I did, get her to start as well :heh:

Thanks guys. But we're still in planning stage right now. The real event might still be months away. Wish me luck, and I hope I won't screw it up.

Anyway, I still haven't completed my RG Deactive collection yet. Still looking for RG Deactive Strike & Destiny with reasonable price :p.

Skye629 2014-05-01 20:04

Solution to Marriage:

A. Get the wife started
B. If A fails, get the kids started
C. If A and B fails, get the dog started
D. If A, B, and C fails, consider yourself on your own
E. If D somehow fails......wait what?



Joking aside congrats Obelisk and good luck!

firefox 2014-05-02 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 5105788)
Solution to Marriage:

A. Get the wife started
B. If A fails, get the kids started
C. If A and B fails, get the dog started
D. If A, B, and C fails, consider yourself on your own
E. If D somehow fails......wait what?



Joking aside congrats Obelisk and good luck!

F. If E fails, now you have gotten a taste of reality; Girls and gunpla (or any other fun hobby for that matter) don't mix.

ZeroXSEED 2014-05-02 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 5106131)
F. If E fails, now you have gotten a taste of reality; Your Girl and gunpla (or any other fun hobby for that matter) don't mix.

FTFY :cool:

n0m@n 2014-05-03 08:02

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...-2624&page=top

I thought it would cost more but that sure is a decent price for its size:D

wavehawk 2014-05-03 08:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Th4Ys25pjvQ

Yes I know it's a game video, but...dammit that Pale Rider I want so much. And STILL no confirmation if he's going to get a regular release or if I really need to buy this game just to get his kit./..

Fireminer 2014-05-03 08:21

Nah, that Pale Rider is not that impressed. I'm more looking forward to the reboot of Advance to Zeta and these "Re-Zeon" suits.

ZeroXSEED 2014-05-03 09:25

I'm more excited about this

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/det...e=TOY-GDM-2629

firefox 2014-05-03 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED (Post 5107657)


I would be too if it came with an updated gyan body. I'm not going to upgrade that archaic HGUC relic.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.