AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-09 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4153046)
im going to yodobashi umeda today^^ i dont think i will have money left when the day is over :B

Happy shopping, App :D! Make sure you buy nice items! Oh yeah, if you're interested, isn't there a HG Bansheee clear which just got released?

maknaedik 2012-05-09 21:16

Quote:

im going to yodobashi umeda today^^ i dont think i will have money left when the day is over :B

Now I already started imagining on what things will I buy if I'm ever in Japan.

Why don't you try some resin ones and level-up your modelling skills >:)

casval cehack 2012-05-09 23:42

Quote:

I wonder what will be your initial reaction when confronted by shelves upon shelves of gunpla in there...

StrikeFreedomV2 2012-05-10 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4153070)
At least you live in Japan and can go to Yodobashi.. >_>
People outside of Japan need to order online or go to conventions and pay crazy amounts of money.

>_<

Appel lives in Germany, he's probably on vacation in Japan.

Appel 2012-05-10 02:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4153411)
I wonder what will be your initial reaction when confronted by shelves upon shelves of gunpla in there...

i probably looked like some little boy in a candy store :B rrobbert on youtube uploaded a video about the store on youtube. i wanted to take pictures as well but i wasnt allowed to do so...
but my dads reaction was even better when i actually started shopping! but his disapproval just made me spend even more money ;D

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 (Post 4153526)
Appel lives in Germany, he's probably on vacation in Japan.

yes exactly. my dad invited me. and i heard about yotobashi umeda on rrobbert184s chanel on youtube.

the store is great by the way! very wide selection and most kits 30% off. i even saw a 2 1/144 dendrobiums ^^
but as i said before, im a little limited with how much i can spend and the space i have available. so for now i bought MG zeta 2.0 (3640 yen), HG jesta (1120 yen) and MG AGE-1 sparrow (2940 yen). maybe i will go there again but for now im actually quite happy.
i didnt even see any resin kits. and i dont really feel like building one of those^^

edit: i also got a pack of gundam markers. the regular one with white, yellow, red, blue, grey and a lining marker. the other ones are 150 yen each, maybe i will pick up more of those.
but i mainly want to look into some more HGs or one more MG with a smaller box. i dont know yet^^

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 03:07

@ Appel
Are there any limited item there :confused:. If there are, are they cheap?

Appel 2012-05-10 07:29

i didnt see any of those. they only had the regular ones there as far as i know. but im ok with that. for example, i dont really want to pay extra for a zeta 2.0 HD color version only because the plasic is molded in a slightly different color.

today i will check how much i can fit into my traveling bag and if i still have enough room im going to check out yodobashi a second time^^ i think i will pick up some action bases and maybe a third MG if i can fit it into the bag.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 08:21

I really hope you can buy MG Banshee KA. :D I want to know how much it costs there.

Oh yeah, I just finished assembling a kit. It’s HG Nu HWS. Maybe it’s time to share?
Spoiler for Warning: It's pretty long ^_^:
Overall, it’s a great kit. It has a lot of features and mode options. Btw, I bought this kit coz I really doubt Bandai will make a MG of it. Even though there’s a chinese bootleg “Gundoom” version of Nu HWS which has more details & weapons than Bandai’s, it doesn’t look that good, especially the face (you can see it on Prime92's review). Also, I bought this Nu HWS when it’s on sale so it’s pretty cheap. I might consider buying the cheaper HG Nu (plain) just to have the Double-Fin Funnel mode. :D

Appel 2012-05-10 08:41

i dont really want the banshee ver.ka since i already have an unofficial one at home^^

casval cehack 2012-05-10 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4153873)
I really hope you can buy MG Banshee KA. :D I want to know how much it costs there.

Oh yeah, I just finished assembling a kit. It’s HG Nu HWS. Maybe it’s time to share?

Overall, it’s a great kit. It has a lot of features and mode options. Btw, I bought this kit coz I really doubt Bandai will make a MG of it. Even though there’s a chinese bootleg “Gundoom” version of Nu HWS which has more details & weapons than Bandai’s, it doesn’t look that good, especially the face (you can see it on Prime92's review). Also, I bought this Nu HWS when it’s on sale so it’s pretty cheap. I might consider buying the cheaper HG Nu (plain) just to have the Double-Fin Funnel mode. :D

The lack of an actual Nu DFF gunpla forced me to get the Hi-v instead. I also don't like asymmetric look of the Nu but that yellow-black scheme looks terrific...so GBP version then.

The sharp looking Hazel: another kit that deserves an MG.

@Appel - Speaking of rrobbert184, why not a couple of those wind-up Zakus or the light-up Dom (or an Acguy?) if you're going back to the store.

Chiu_fan 2012-05-10 10:53

After 5 days, I've finally finished building my MG Strike Noir!
Here are some pics.

What do you guys think?

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4154027)
After 5 days, I've finally finished building my MG Strike Noir!
Here are some pics.

*snip*

What do you guys think?

It’s beautiful. The way you pose it is unique. I’ve never seen it before. You can do a million poses with that cool kit. :D

Oh yeah, I’m just wondering about something. The eyes look pale. Aren’t they metallics like most of gundam kits? Or is it a regular color just like 1/100 Blitz’ non-metallic blue eyes? :confused: I don't have the Noir so I don't know.

Chiu_fan 2012-05-10 11:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4154074)
It’s beautiful. The way you pose it is unique. I’ve never seen it before. You can do a million poses with that cool kit. :D

Oh yeah, I’m just wondering about something. The eyes look pale. Aren’t they metallics like most of gundam kits? Or is it a regular color just like 1/100 Blitz’ non-metallic blue eyes? :confused: I don't have the Noir so I don't know.

Haha. Thanks!:D I actually used Gundam Marker gold for the eyes. I tried using yellow first but I didn't like the result.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-10 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiu_fan (Post 4154091)
Haha. Thanks!:D I actually used Gundam Marker gold for the eyes. I tried using yellow first but I didn't like the result.

Oh, I see. I thought you used the sticker. Well, you can always stick it later on. :D

casval cehack 2012-05-11 05:27

MG Marasai's features.
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/1130/mgmarasai.jpg

maknaedik 2012-05-11 05:42

YEAH! MG Marasai FTW!

Appel 2012-05-11 05:43

picked up the HG AGE-3 normal today. dad raged again because im "wasting my money" =D
and on monday we are close to yodobashi for a third time... but im not sure if i want to pick up any more models. im thinking about getting a danazine but the more i look at the images in reviews the goofier it looks to me :P i think i will pick up an action base for my AGE-1 instead.

Bonta Kun 2012-05-11 08:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4155177)
picked up the HG AGE-3 normal today. dad raged again because im "wasting my money" =D
and on monday we are close to yodobashi for a third time... but im not sure if i want to pick up any more models. im thinking about getting a danazine but the more i look at the images in reviews the goofier it looks to me :P i think i will pick up an action base for my AGE-1 instead.

Yea I'd agree with your dad, your def wasting your money on a AGE-3;):heh:

Marasai's looking good but them colours look I dunno pale/weak?
Not that I don't like the red but I think it could do with some paint to look more striking.

Appel 2012-05-11 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 4155401)
Yea I'd agree with your dad, your def wasting your money on a AGE-3;):heh:

the AGE-3 grew on me a lot! plus if the kit is anywhere near as good as the AGE-1 its worth the money.

suiton629 2012-05-11 09:31

Hey so I kinda gave up on waiting for MG Exia R2 (even though I think it'll be made).
So lately, I've been considering to purchase some HG kits along with Action Base 2 stands.

Where can I get these the cheapest online? I live in the US so choices are eBay (if shipped from US), Amazon, Gundam Guy, etc etc.

1.5 gundam
-- red
reborns gundam
-- red
0 gundam (type acd)
-- green
0 gundam (roll out)
-- green
exia repair 2
-- green

* The color under each kit indicates the Action Base 2 I want for that kit.
* So green is Sparkle Green Action Base 2, and red is Sparkle Red Action Base 2.

Chiu_fan 2012-05-11 10:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4155453)
Hey so I kinda gave up on waiting for MG Exia R2 (even though I think it'll be made).
So lately, I've been considering to purchase some HG kits along with Action Base 2 stands.

Where can I get these the cheapest online? I live in the US so choices are eBay (if shipped from US), Amazon, Gundam Guy, etc etc.

1.5 gundam
-- red
reborns gundam
-- red
0 gundam (type acd)
-- green
0 gundam (roll out)
-- green
exia repair 2
-- green

* The color under each kit indicates the Action Base 2 I want for that kit.
* So green is Sparkle Green Action Base 2, and red is Sparkle Red Action Base 2.

I don't live in the US so I can't really say, but the best way to know is just to compare the prices of all the online shops you usually go and buy your kits. That's the best answer I can to you at the moment because that is what I usually do anyway.

Providenceangle 2012-05-11 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4155420)
the AGE-3 grew on me a lot! plus if the kit is anywhere near as good as the AGE-1 its worth the money.

I like it too. I will admit it's too bulky looking though. At least with the wings and such on it's shoulders. Even with the defender mode(think that's what it's called), the black cannon parts, it doesn't suit it's bulky normal mode.

I bet it would look awesome with some scratch built parts and weapons.

Edit: I must admit I dislike the whole core fighter/transforming mobile suits in gundam. I like strictly not transforming gundams personally. So that's another thing I dislike about the age 3. Still interesting kit. I wonder what kind of gimmick they could do with a MG.

suiton629 2012-05-11 11:41

I want to see if anyone could give me suggestions...

Leaning on going all GG Infinite or looking on Amazon since I have a Prime account that can get me free 2 day delivery on unlimited amount of items.

Butagami 2012-05-11 16:43

whoa, Marasai's got posable fingers? Or "emotion manipulators" as they call it... Awesome, thought Bandai went full hand-swap on all MG's

Appel 2012-05-11 18:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4155605)
I want to see if anyone could give me suggestions...

Leaning on going all GG Infinite or looking on Amazon since I have a Prime account that can get me free 2 day delivery on unlimited amount of items.

i dont know the prices at each shop but id definitely buy them all at the same place to save on shipping!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Providenceangle (Post 4155572)
I like it too. I will admit it's too bulky looking though. At least with the wings and such on it's shoulders. Even with the defender mode(think that's what it's called), the black cannon parts, it doesn't suit it's bulky normal mode.

I bet it would look awesome with some scratch built parts and weapons.

Edit: I must admit I dislike the whole core fighter/transforming mobile suits in gundam. I like strictly not transforming gundams personally. So that's another thing I dislike about the age 3. Still interesting kit. I wonder what kind of gimmick they could do with a MG.

it does look really bulky but at least its colorful. thats kinda neat^^
its transformed modes suck pretty badly though...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butagami (Post 4155922)
whoa, Marasai's got posable fingers? Or "emotion manipulators" as they call it... Awesome, thought Bandai went full hand-swap on all MG's

maybe they finally realized that a combination f swappable fingers and posable figers is best? :P

casval cehack 2012-05-11 18:49

Quote:

Maybe for Bandai, the Marasai qualifies as a higher class MG to earn those PG/RG style "emotion manipulators", unlike the 1/100 NG-esque swappable fingers.

MakubeX2 2012-05-11 19:54

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by casval cehack (Post 4156059)
Maybe for Bandai, the Marasai qualifies as a higher class MG to earn those PG/RG style "emotion manipulators", unlike the 1/100 NG-esque swappable fingers.

It's just the usual sales tactic. The Marasai isn't exactly a popular design when you place it next to the usual Gundams. It's a grunt suit and a antagonist one at that which gets blown up every other episode.

Bandai has to make it sell somehow, so they get all gimmicky and sincere with those hands and one extra LED.

firefox 2012-05-12 01:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4156130)
It's just the usual sales tactic. The Marasai isn't exactly a popular design when you place it next to the usual Gundams. It's a grunt suit and a antagonist one at that which gets blown up every other episode.

Bandai has to make it sell somehow, so they get all gimmicky and sincere with those hands and one extra LED.

I love it and i'm buying it, i'm a bit sick of another star gundams in always the same boring colors.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-05-12 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4156493)
I love it and i'm buying it, i'm a bit sick of another star gundams in always the same boring colors.

Agree with you. That's why I plan to buy MG Deathscythe, Sandrock, Duel, Blitz, Aegis, and Buster since they don't have that normal Gundam colors. Still, three of those aren't released yet. :heh:

casval cehack 2012-05-12 03:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 4156130)

00 Gundam MGs must be very popular then, to merit both posable manipulators and the static swappable hands.

Appel 2012-05-12 04:57

got the MG rx-78-2 2.0, the HG danazine and two action bases today. my dad bought them for me^^ kind of a surprise sice he called it a "waste of money" yesterday but hey, im happy!
but now i dont know where to put all the models, my travel bag is kinda full already and my dads luggage is full of suveniers XD

Butagami 2012-05-12 06:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Appel (Post 4156675)
got the MG rx-78-2 2.0, the HG danazine and two action bases today. my dad bought them for me^^ kind of a surprise sice he called it a "waste of money" yesterday but hey, im happy!
but now i dont know where to put all the models, my travel bag is kinda full already and my dads luggage is full of suveniers XD

you lucky bastard XD. Are you going to buy an additional suitcase to solve your space issue? Post some pics of your finished works. Especially of the Zeta 2.0, that thing's just beautiful.

maknaedik 2012-05-12 07:22

I was about to buy a 1/48 Sinanju Head Display, but suddenly realized that I haven't brought enough money. It's just enough for a haircut, SHF Bunny (a gift for a friend) and a Copic multiliner 0.03 (black). It really sucks when your wallet is crying.

Wow, you're just so lucky Appel. My parents aren't really the type of parent that'll buy you material things. But if I ever ask for food, ever though it costs a lot, they'll gladly buy it for me. The only way I can get a model for free is whenever they try to ask me a favor (which is heck of easy to do). But that opportunity doesn't come often XD

Appel 2012-05-12 07:47

we didnt really spend a lot so far so my father wanted to surprise me a little :P
im thinking about buying a second suitcase. but i want to try to fit everything into my current one tomorrow evening before i do that. we will be at yodobashi on monday again anyway.

duotiga 2012-05-12 08:01

finally get the hands of these

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o...tiga83/073.jpg

nw on destiny galore =x

which 1 only done the full blast mode last year

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o.../destiny10.jpg

suiton629 2012-05-12 17:05

So~ Should I get these HG kits?

1.5 gundam
reborns gundam
0 gundam (type acd)
0 gundam (roll out)
exia repair 2
exia avalanche dash

Appel 2012-05-12 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxnike629xx (Post 4157410)

1.5 gundam
reborns gundam
0 gundam (type acd)
0 gundam (roll out)
exia repair 2
exia avalanche dash

thats kind of your choice, isnt it? :P all OO HGs are excellent though. so i think you wouldnt be disappointed at all.

Bashfulz 2012-05-12 22:24

Quote:

1.5 gundam
reborns gundam
0 gundam (type acd)
0 gundam (roll out)
exia repair 2
exia avalanche dash

arent you a MG or 1/100 only guy? i suggest you pick up one of them and try it out instead of buying them all and finding out it's not your type. :)

duotiga 2012-05-13 00:35

Quote:

1.5 gundam
reborns gundam
0 gundam (type acd)
0 gundam (roll out)
exia repair 2
exia avalanche dash

Simplest fix wld be 0 gundam (both types) . Not much paint needed also.

Most number of parts wld be reborns and avalanche exia dash. Exia dash has a lot of foil stickers

firefox 2012-05-13 13:36

Finaly completed something today :) and i love it :)

It may be based on an older kit, but it looks badass!!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike8.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike1.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike2.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike3.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike5.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike6.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike7.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...alestrike9.jpg