AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   The Dubbing of Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59134)

Starlight 2009-06-01 16:43

Something tells me I'm going to have waterworks next week, I hope they pull it off with the impact the japanese dub had.

The dubs great, liking JYB's Lelouch as usual ---- he really does sound like an evil mastermind.
Oh yes and I'm glad the voice actors lowered their range for Nina and Nunnally, their voices were way too high in the first season. :)

Toddler Naruto 2009-06-01 23:06

Episode 23:
Spoiler:

Episode 24:
Spoiler:

Dilla 2009-06-06 20:29

For those interested, Adult Swim is going to re-air episode 24 first at 1:30, then show the series finale at 2:00.

snowdevil_crow 2009-06-06 20:40

Whoa... the dub's almost over! !!!

I can't wait for the eps to come out over here. I want to see the official translations for the big speech in ep 25.

FruitsPunchSamurai 2009-06-07 02:22

Looks like Rebecca Forstadt couldn't pull it off but besides that the finale had great acting where it counts

Nobodyman9 2009-06-07 12:03

Well, it was good to see the ending again, and I think most of the VAs pulled it off really well. I think the ending had more of an impact on me this time than it did the first time. Well, kudos to you Bandai.

bladeofdarkness 2009-06-07 14:07

dub ended
still hating kallen's VA
and as far as translating the suzaku vs kallen fight outcome, they seem to have also supported the "kallen wins" view of things
having suzaku say "i cant beat her even when i'm using the geass's curse, kallen your strength is unimaginable" and later on telling her "you got me alright" and gino going "you won, you beat him, kallen"
other then that my stupid computer got stuck half way through the ep and now the site wont come back online so i'll have to wait a little for it :heh:

FruitsPunchSamurai 2009-06-07 14:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness (Post 2440157)
dub ended
still hating kallen's VA
and as far as translating the suzaku vs kallen fight outcome, they seem to have also supported the "kallen wins" view of things
having suzaku say "i cant beat her even when i'm using the geass's curse, kallen your strength is unimaginable" and later on telling her "you got me alright" and gino going "you won, you beat him, kallen"
other then that my stupid computer got stuck half way through the ep and now the site wont come back online so i'll have to wait a little for it :heh:

Actually the subs weren't any different either, Eclipse's line was more "Did you win? Kallen" than an outright win but the dialogue was about to same. Also way to totally omit Kallen's line to Suzaku :heh:

bladeofdarkness 2009-06-07 14:39

do you mean the "my machine has better spec then yours" line or the "what happened, didnt i get him with that" line ?
i just pointed out the lines that show what i meant
kallen's lines dont cancel it

@ginran
he ment me :heh:

ginran 2009-06-07 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness (Post 2440227)
do you mean the "my machine has better spec then yours" line or the "what happened, didnt i get him with that" line ?
i just pointed out the lines that show what i meant
kallen's lines dont cancel it

@ginran
he ment me :heh:

:heh: oh....lol, nevermind then! XD

Yu Ominae 2009-06-08 01:27

Crispin was bloody awesome!! :D

Royal_Devil 2009-06-08 13:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yu Ominae (Post 2441105)
Crispin was bloody awesome!! :D

Just another reason Jeremiah is the best character in the series. :D

FruitsPunchSamurai 2009-06-08 13:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal_Devil (Post 2441963)
Just another reason Jeremiah is the best character in the series. :D

Well that's just, like, your opinion, man.
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/627/thedude.jpg

D-KLAC 2009-06-08 15:47

oh i see look like re; dub was really very intense.

jyb as lulu really make it well done
yuri geez suzaku seem also same level
kallen very impress
nuna compare from seiyu & dub seem ok
c2 sounk ok
& yet very epic hearing from crispy orange.

but still this really the big act in all anime history really still sayin lulum suzaku, c2, orange, etc (who else knew the zero requiem) very clever.

plus kallen (realize lulu & suzaku plan) & nuna (human lie dectector) learning it the hard way aka TOUGH LOVE TRUTH now that something to know.

but still wonder is he alive?

incorrupts 2009-06-08 15:50

Well having watched the dub as well last night, i think it was pretty good, i honestly did like all of it. Lelouch and Suzaku on the crucial moments, Kallen's epilogue, it really gave me a very nice feeling. Wrapped up really nicely.

Rising Dragon 2009-06-08 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by d-klac (Post 2442245)
but still wonder is he alive?

NO! He is dead! How many more times must we tell you before you listen to us!?

prototype_sky 2009-06-08 20:53

I wonder what the captured black knights were saying when Suzaku was stabbing Lelouche.

Kyero Fox 2009-06-08 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 2442609)
NO! He is dead! How many more times must we tell you before you listen to us!?

because you can't show proof that the Cart Driver was Lelouch or not? :heh:

D-KLAC 2009-06-10 11:32

well blame timeskips really there was 2 in that re; eps really what happen during the timeskips?

incorrupts 2009-06-10 11:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by prototype_sky (Post 2442687)
I wonder what the captured black knights were saying when Suzaku was stabbing Lelouche.

Well apart from Kallen and Kaguya {and Tianzi that was looking elsewhere} i think everyone else cheered Zero to kill Lelouch, like "GET HIM!!1111" Their expressions, kinda indicated that.