AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ (Nitroplus & Bee Train) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75052)

Xander 2012-07-09 15:05

The DVD should work out of the box if the drive you're using is already region free or supports multiple regions.

If it isn't, there are certain software applications that can be used to override the region coding. I won't mention them here, but they should be easy to find.

Most of the time you can also manually change a computer DVD drive's region a certain number of times, usually up to 5. It's not particularly difficult either.

So you see, it's not a matter of confirmation but something that depends on your specific situation.

ReY4Ever 2012-07-09 20:34

Hadn't read about the software applications yet. Shouldn't pose any problem then, even if my DVD player is region bound.

Thx for all the help, going to place my order later today!

DragoZERO 2012-07-10 18:34

If you can watch DVDs, then you'll be fine.

You can always run a VM and set the DVD program on the VM to Region 1. But that's getting fancy. :heh:

Ragna92 2012-08-05 12:56

The anime was great but I didn't like the ending. I played the VN and did Cal's route and liked her true ending much more than the anime ending.

Gpower 2012-09-25 23:47

Just watched this series, I must say the studio must be some of the biggest trolls I've ever seen.

The ending felt like it was edited in after the actual anime is completed for the sake of pissing viewers off. I mean, why else would they randomly create a character who's only role is to kill the main character, no explanations or context given, at the last minute of the show? And this occurred after the happy ending finished?

To those who believe there is some kind of metaphorical meaning behind this, maybe there is, but what we have here is a happy ending, and then followed by a scene where the MC got shot. Surely there must be a limit to how much absurdity a story can have for the sake of some symbolic meaning, and this is definitely crossing the line.

To retain some level of enjoyment, it seems I must force myself to ignore the last scene, as the only way to stop trolls is to ignore them.

Reckoner 2012-09-26 01:11

Depends how you interpreted the ending. To me it seemed like intentional double suicide, instead of some random guy popping them with a bullet.

Kurohane 2012-09-27 17:26

You mean Reiji intentional got shot?

User68604 2013-03-21 05:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpower (Post 4369135)
Just watched this series, I must say the studio must be some of the biggest trolls I've ever seen.

The ending felt like it was edited in after the actual anime is completed for the sake of pissing viewers off. I mean, why else would they randomly create a character who's only role is to kill the main character, no explanations or context given, at the last minute of the show? And this occurred after the happy ending finished?

To those who believe there is some kind of metaphorical meaning behind this, maybe there is, but what we have here is a happy ending, and then followed by a scene where the MC got shot. Surely there must be a limit to how much absurdity a story can have for the sake of some symbolic meaning, and this is definitely crossing the line.

To retain some level of enjoyment, it seems I must force myself to ignore the last scene, as the only way to stop trolls is to ignore them.

My thoughts precisely. I feel like the anime producers simply put that in there for "shock value." I do not really see what the rhyme or reason was for it. Was it to prove a point that they are indeed "phantoms?" I don't know and I don't like it.

Regardless, it was a 10/10 anime for 99.99% of the series.

Max Dexter 2013-10-12 12:31

The duel between Cal and Reiji.

I am still not sure why Cal didn't just shoot first, i am assuming its because she wanted to die, but i thought she is stronger than either Ellen or Reiji therefore i was disappointed when she lost that easily, wish she would have killed at least one of them though that was highly unlikely. But based on their hype i can say that Drei was on the same level as Ellen or Reiji, even though many people say she was a fodder to them i'll have to disagree, she could have taken them out easily.

User68604 2013-10-12 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Dexter (Post 4868031)
I am still not sure why Cal didn't just shoot first, i am assuming its because she wanted to die, but i thought she is stronger than either Ellen or Reiji therefore i was disappointed when she lost that easily, wish she would have killed at least one of them though that was highly unlikely. But based on their hype i can say that Drei was on the same level as Ellen or Reiji, even though many people say she was a fodder to them i'll have to disagree, she could have taken them out easily.

i dont think she had the heart to kill him b/c she loved him (no matter how much she acted like she didnt)

i thought it was pretty stupid altogether; she didnt need to die. they could've resolved their issues

Nayrael 2013-10-13 18:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Dexter (Post 4868031)

Ein is a mistress of deceit, Zwei is a Master of Strategy and Drei is a Mistress of guns... or she would be if she didn't have that tendency to play with her targets. When she is serious, she can be overpowering (as seen in Cal's route in the VN).

As for why she didn't shoot...
Spoiler for VN spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by recover
i thought it was pretty stupid altogether; she didnt need to die. they could've resolved their issues

Reiji decided to save himself and Elen and sacrificing Cal is required for them to reduce the risks.
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

Max Dexter 2013-10-14 16:16

That is horrible, i really don't like this, Why must he save Ellen? i hated her since the first bloody episode, she was uninteresting, ugly, robot i don't know what else to call her, i will never understand how he came up with such decision even if he wanted to end her suffering. And Ellen is a pretty cunning bitch there thinking she can just kill Cal off like she would be a fodder. Reiji should have expressed more of his so called "feelings" to Call, i mean from episode 20+ i have a feeling like he doesn't try to explain anything to Call and concentrates on ELLEN all the time. Its like he thinks of Call as a lost little soul, and he therefore doesn't make a big deal out of it. I don't understand why he was crying at the end when he shot Call, Call was a stupid bitch for not shooting that CHILD murderer, ever since episode 5 i didn't like his character, they made Call look inferior to him and i don't like that, and when he went to that church to persuade Ellen i didn't like how he said "i'll kill Call" then he talks about how it is his duty and how he would be hunted forever if Ellen would do it, i just don't like that.

Can someone explain to me what he meant by " Why did you have to give up your life just for that" does he mean to see him care for her?

Max Dexter 2013-10-15 01:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by recover (Post 4868075)
i dont think she had the heart to kill him b/c she loved him (no matter how much she acted like she didnt)

That is very interesting because if she didn't have the heart to kill him, then how could he have the heart to kill her? now this is what i will never understand.

Max Dexter 2013-10-15 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayrael (Post 4869816)
Ein is a mistress of deceit, Zwei is a Master of Strategy and Drei is a Mistress of guns... or she would be if she didn't have that tendency to play with her targets. When she is serious, she can be overpowering (as seen in Cal's route in the VN).

As for why she didn't shoot...
Spoiler for VN spoiler:

Reiji decided to save himself and Elen and sacrificing Cal is required for them to reduce the risks.
Spoiler for VN spoilers:

I doubt it, because when Cal asked him in the church whether he is there to protect Ellen he said it's his "duty" to kill her, i am assuming that what he meant is to correct his mistake and take responsibility. As unfortunate as it seems i think that Ein did matter in the decision at the end because he said to her before in episode 22 that she can kill him but she has to let Ellen go. Though i can't understand why killing her would be the best thing for her according to Reiji. It's said but i think all he did was feel sorry for Cal, and decided to pursue Ellen's dream.

I don't play games neither i read LN, i only watch the anime version which i didn't like.

fukarming 2013-10-15 03:21

Good that someone is talking about this great show again. Some of my thoughts on the series:

The anime ending is stupid: ANY ending on the VN is better, whether good or bad ending. If they want to have a sad ending, they should go for the phantom integration specific ending - that is plenty sad yet it makes perfect sense.

As of who is the strongest, the only indication is that Elen killed/ would have killed Cal in a couple VN ending but Cal never gain the upper hand on Elen.

On the other hand, Elen is the only one that got killed by those other than phantoms (She can get killed by the Gotoh group (?!) and Scyche's team.) Both Reiji and Cal only get killed by each other or Elen.

It is pointless to think about Reiji vs Cal as the victor on that duel depends entirely on who Reiji slept with :heh:

Nayrael 2013-10-15 05:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Dexter (Post 4871551)
I doubt it, because when Cal asked him in the church whether he is there to protect Ellen he said it's his "duty" to kill her, i am assuming that what he meant is to correct his mistake and take responsibility. As unfortunate as it seems i think that Ein did matter in the decision at the end because he said to her before in episode 22 that she can kill him but she has to let Ellen go. Though i can't understand why killing her would be the best thing for her according to Reiji. It's said but i think all he did was feel sorry for Cal, and decided to pursue Ellen's dream.

Reiji believes that there are two ways to save Cal: either he kills her and ends her misery or he lets her kill him, thus letting her get what he thinks she wants. And since Elen needs him and he cares about Elen more than Cal in Ein's route (which the Anime followed), he goes for the first option.
His beliefs might be wrong, but he can't afford to risk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Max Dexter (Post 4871551)
I don't play games neither i read LN, i only watch the anime version which i didn't like.

There is no LN, only a VN (which is a game).

Nayrael 2013-10-15 05:49

Also, for the newer watchers who are interested in other routes and endings, I made a summary of all the endings as well as the Claudia, Mio and Cal routes in this place.

Max Dexter 2013-10-15 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nayrael (Post 4871746)
Reiji believes that there are two ways to save Cal: either he kills her and ends her misery or he lets her kill him, thus letting her get what he thinks she wants. And since Elen needs him and he cares about Elen more than Cal in Ein's route (which the Anime followed), he goes for the first option.
His beliefs might be wrong, but he can't afford to risk.

There is no LN, only a VN (which is a game).

But he that Cal wants to be together with him, he knew it but decided to protect Ein instead, even though he promised Cal that he will stay together with her. At the end instead of trying to persuade her to stop, he forces her to duel with him so he can kill her (he would have killed her anyway) , as the show stands the ending was perfect, both Zwei and Ein got what they deserved , death.

mark1246 2017-06-16 18:32

Geez what an ending

SKP2017 2017-06-28 03:47

Wow, people are still watching Phantom? I wished that each of the mains could have a different end like from the VN instead.