AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Valkyria Chronicles (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=91)
-   -   Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=80832)

Skyfall 2009-04-23 13:43

Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 3 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Valkyria Chronicles, Episode 3.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

hamstar 2009-04-23 16:15

lmao i didnt know what this show was... then i realised it's the game from ps3. i love these types of war tactician shows.

Runty 2009-04-23 17:26

A nice episode to introduce Rosie and Largo, but I felt this could've used some more extensive action parts. Alicia's expression to becoming Welkin's second-in-command was gold.

The bad? Didn't give us a good look at any of the other Squad 7 members, but hopefully future episodes will do that for us. Also, the battle for Vasel Bridge wasn't long enough; I wanted to see much more.

Still, a very good episode in itself, doing its purpose well.

Cyz 2009-04-23 17:58

Isara getting abused like that makes me so mad :mad:

Chaho-Chi 2009-04-23 18:09

I thought the tank was really an Underwater Sub until I saw water coming in. :heh:
Can't wait for the next episode.

Myssa Rei 2009-04-23 19:10

Actually correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Vasel two missions in the game?

And, haha, kind of amusing watching the effects of injecting the Tsundere aspect into Alicia. her expressions, very amusing indeed...

Yu Ominae 2009-04-23 21:48

Not bad that Junko-san's the seiyu of Rosie. Not sure on Largo though... but I'll wait and see.

Bonta Kun 2009-04-23 22:14

well I said before I think I've fallen in love with Eleanor, which I can now confirm yes I have:D

but still I'm just waiting on my Selvaria!

just realised that apart from whos shown in first 2 eps only 2 people in squad 7 talk this ep, their a quiet bunch they are:)

moar tank hax at work, lol its some machine alright.

Father Hentai 2009-04-24 13:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyz (Post 2358519)
Isara getting abused like that makes me so mad :mad:

Yes, but that is part of European history... A dark past which marks generations after and will never be forgotten.

justavisitor 2009-04-24 15:01

I noticed this show from gundam 00's preview XD

And the amazing tank in this show also reminds me of gundam :heh:

As for the show, so far so good

kujoe 2009-04-24 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonta Kun (Post 2358889)
well I said before I think I've fallen in love with Eleanor, which I can now confirm yes I have:D

One of the cool things about Eleanor?

She's voiced by the Major! And yes, I would follow her orders to the ends of the Earth.

Section 9, Squad 7... same difference. :heh:

Yu Ominae 2009-04-24 18:08

I need a Batou for her though. :D

kujoe 2009-04-24 18:24

Well, we can't discuss further than that due to spoilers and all... but in an interesting but unrelated voice cast twist, Akio Ohtsuka (Batou) is doing voice work for a character on the opposing side. :heh:

Yu Ominae 2009-04-24 18:25

I know. It's such a shame. XP

shcfyd 2009-04-24 21:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by kujoe (Post 2360666)
Well, we can't discuss further than that due to spoilers and all... but in an interesting but unrelated voice cast twist, Akio Ohtsuka (Batou) is doing voice work for a character on the opposing side. :heh:

Batou is in this?!?! I wonder I wonder...

Keio 2009-04-25 04:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Father Hentai (Post 2360218)
Yes, but that is part of European history... A dark past which marks generations after and will never be forgotten.

IMO they shouldn't be treating Isara badly even if her kind did bring the Black Death to Europe.

(Last part is pure speculation.)

SoldierOfDarkness 2009-04-25 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keio (Post 2361410)
IMO they shouldn't be treating Isara badly even if her kind did bring the Black Death to Europe.

No it's because the Darcsens oppressed the people before the Valkyurs came and freed them.

Then you got the "Darcsen Calamity" that Rosie's going about.

These aren't spoilers you guys....at least up to eps 3

But I gotta say, Isara's soooo cute

Father Hentai 2009-04-25 11:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 2361771)
No it's because the Darcsens oppressed the people before the Valkyurs came and freed them.

Then you got the "Darcsen Calamity" that Rosie's going about.

These aren't spoilers you guys....at least up to eps 3

But I gotta say, Isara's soooo cute

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keio (Post 2361410)

I did not mean the Europe in VC but more the dark Europe in our world.

JagdPanther 2009-04-25 22:57

Doremi FINALLY released their subs so I finally got to watch episode 3.

As a game player I'll probably end up grading this a bit more harshly, I think.

Gave the episode 8/10.

Pros-

Alicia's facial expressions. I can see why everyone's been talking about them. So cute! And they'll clearly continue, as the preview suggests. Still not big on her character design changes but love the expressions.

The hashing out of the Welkin bet. I can't see how that could be left out but for whatever reason I'm glad it was put in.

I believe this was asked in the Generic (ex-main) thread: we got to see the Edelweiss' turret traverse! Wooo!

Cons-

I've said this a lot and I'll say it again: really not liking the changes in the character designs. Faldio's is just bad. Varrot doesn't seem as.... uh.... sharp (?), maybe, is the word I'm looking for. I think she looked very military-esque in the game. Not so much here. And since Varrot was one of my favorite characters in the game that makes it a little worse for me.

Really, really abbreviated battle for Vasel. And spider-tank was just... no. Please don't do that again.

Emo-Pansy Imperial troops. "We're surrounded! *sink to knees" Wow, really?

Please don't ruin the classes of the characters. I don't want to see Largo with a rifle again.

Why is Jann in the cast? Come on, now. I think someone like Yoko is a much better choice as another Lancer.

Hopefully episode 4 is a little better. Still gave this an 8/10, but it could've been better.

Wild Goose 2009-04-26 01:23

Largo with a rifle does make sense to me. In this op you're looking to get as many troops as possible with as many rifles. AT is being handled by Welkin and Edelweiss, so it makes sense for everybody who can carry a rifle to carry one and shoot.

*shrug* Then again I've been hanging out with James Edwards recently and all that "Every Marine Is A Rifleman" thing that he picked up at Parris Island....