AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no SHANA Anime Season 1 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26372)

Hooves 2010-08-15 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Konakaga (Post 3192751)
Sorry seems I've confused you and you missed what I was referring to there, Marcus H.'s has "Should I add Mayoi Neko Overrun! to my plan to watch list" in his signature, and I was just commenting on that for them.

:heh: sorry I just read the last part of this entire thread and just thought you were still On-Topic, edited the post :p

Learned my lesson on to read earlier and earlier posts before I just go into chatting

Dr. Casey 2010-10-14 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmniDragon (Post 3121437)
I think before they fought the Aizen siblings.

If the TVTropes article meant episode 11, Shana just pointed her sword at Yoshida for a second and said she wouldn't give up on Yuuji, there was no yandereness going on. Pretty boring.

Hooves 2010-10-14 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Casey (Post 3298566)
If the TVTropes article meant episode 11, Shana just pointed her sword at Yoshida for a second and said she wouldn't give up on Yuuji, there was no yandereness going on. Pretty boring.

Well if there was yandereness involved... Then it would put Shana in some trouble if Yuuji found out...

tyciol 2010-12-22 06:02

If she has a yandere side, I think her violence would be directed at Yuuji (just look at how she trains him) rather than Yoshida, albeit her intention could be misinterpreted by flinging the sword around as a digital proxy.

Considering how she um... in episode 19 (not going to put spoilers) I think she puts her duty and the sanctity of life above her love, although the latter seems like a recent aquisition considering her earlier attitudes towards humans (not to mention torches) which left much wanting.

Berlin 2011-01-13 20:52

Man to be Yuuji has to be ruff but he keeps everythin in perspective and stays positive!
Yuuji Rocks!

SkyFlames 2011-02-06 17:49

I am re-watching this season on the english dub. Just wondering about how the Tiriel's hougu practically incapped Shana after one attack.. I don't get what it really worked for, thought it was just to give the brothers some extra power of existence for regenerations and spells.

pancakes 2011-02-23 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Berlin (Post 3437151)
Man to be Yuuji has to be ruff but he keeps everythin in perspective and stays positive!
Yuuji Rocks!

Hell yea!!!!!!

Fenel 2011-04-05 14:27

Shana S1 gets Blu-ray on 22th June.

Quote:

Shakugan no Shana Blu-ray BOX 6/22 31500yen (link). 24 eps. SP/Bonus: Trailers, Shana-tan, Shana-tan returns, Furiagune(probably wrong spelling) & Mariane no nazenani Shana (and SP), non-credit OP & ED, and TV spots. Don't see Eng dubbing or subs but it's Geneon and I think it is a possibility.
Source: allcinema

SkyFlames 2011-04-07 21:58

Dubs?... Hell no...

Hooves 2011-04-08 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyFlames (Post 3562257)
Dubs?... Hell no...

I have to agree with SkyFlames here.... Dubs.... Please don't torture me again :( (dubs are ok, it's just how they dubbed Shakugan no Shana)

relentlessflame 2011-04-08 22:15

Well, as is always the case with dubs included on these JP BD boxsets, they'd be an optional feature thrown in at no extra cost (simply because they have them lying around, so "why not"), so people who don't want it can just ignore it. It'd be more of a curiosity inclusion than anything else (I imagine some of the Japanese fans think it's interesting to hear how a show is rendered in other languages, and if it gets a few extra people to buy the set, why not).

Hooves 2011-04-08 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by relentlessflame (Post 3563651)
Well, as is always the case with dubs included on these JP BD boxsets, they'd be an optional feature thrown in at no extra cost (simply because they have them lying around, so "why not"), so people who don't want it can just ignore it.

Ah! Glad to hear that relentlessflame, sure brought out a bunch of worries from me :D

Riamu 2011-11-30 21:04

This anime is amazing just finished season 1 and im almost done with season 2 *proceeds to keep watching*

AbZeroNow 2012-05-15 00:06

Funimation is soliciting a BD/DVD combo for Season 1 in August. Glad that Shana is gonna be back in print(they confirmed the re-release at AnimeBoston) and I am most definately pre-ordering it. (although I likely won't be watching the Blu-Ray).