AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Toradora! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Toradora! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73574)

xris 2008-10-29 12:14

Toradora! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Kaoru Chujo 2008-10-29 13:20

I really enjoyed this episode. Taiga's character/personality is so interesting. Kugimiya Rie is doing a great job with this subtler tsundere. And it's nice to hear Kitamura Eri in the role of the model.

Ryuuji and his relationship with Taiga continue to be very satisfying. I'm actually loving Majima Junji's voice, and the way he's giving us the personality. Kitamura is also a satisfying personality. I do wonder that everyone, including the transfer student, seems to have forgotten the idea that Ryuuji's look is scary.

And I continue to enjoy the Horrible Raws versions of things, especially now that they are giving us 640x480 instead of smaller. Seeing all those ads from the TV broadcasts is always a trip.

Vexx 2008-10-29 14:15

aye, I've often wished the fansubbers would leave the ads in.... they're hilarious in their own right.

Sounds like I'm going to enjoy ep 5 as well, but got some classes to deal with first.

musume_no_hoshi 2008-10-29 15:40

^ For some medicore animes, I prefer the adverts to the anime itself. Anyone seen people dressing up as fanta bottles advert? ^_^''

Anyway, on with the episode.

Spoiler for Episode 5:

Deathscyther 2008-10-29 15:59

Great episode, they've stayed pretty true to the novels and I liked the animation and the voice acting. They got a lot done in this episode as well. Taiga's personality was very well conveyed this episode.

I gave the episode a 9.

typhonsentra 2008-10-29 16:01

Well, Ami behaves and speaks almost exactly how I imagined she would, the VA captured the feel perfectly.

Kikuchi 2008-10-29 16:13

I was waiting for that scene with Minori doing the cross sign. I wasn't disappointed >D

stormy001_M1A2 2008-10-29 16:27

Good ep, I enjoy it. Consistency is well maintained.
http://imagechan.wakarimasenlol.com/...5315538884.png
I liked this scene the most. Hehehehe.

Ami is a vicious 2 faced bitchy chihuahua and Taiga is no less bitchy either. Battle of the Bitches is on.

http://imagechan.wakarimasenlol.com/...5315973759.png

MILF is hot. Yeah baby.

Shiroth 2008-10-29 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 (Post 2022258)
MILF is hot. Yeah baby.

We need to see more foot action like we did in the first episode.

Ami is all kinds of wonderful, and i hope they can keep the rivalry between the two as fresh as it came across in this episode.

Haesslich 2008-10-29 17:15

Nice to see they've kept Ami the way she was - a total two-faced bitch to start. I just hope they keep the torture in... since that'll be... interesting. Or the ending of Vol 2 for that matter.

And does anyone else see Yasuko as the older, more MILFy version of Haruhi's Mikuru, but with more childishness?

typhonsentra 2008-10-29 17:22

Mikuru was prety childish herself. Yasuko's just a more self-centered child-type.

Cat Megex 2008-10-29 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haesslich (Post 2022355)
I just hope they keep the torture in... since that'll be... interesting.

The karaoke thing? I hope so, too.

Arabesque 2008-10-29 19:12

Spoiler for Scheming Taiga is scheming:

I really liked how Ami turned out to have a gentle face that she shows to everyone and an ''evil'' side which she used to give Taiga that ''killer'' hit:heh:.

msuwildog80 2008-10-29 20:06

I am completely biased, but novel inspired episodes are just plain wonderful.

Since this is the episode made to describe her bad qualities, I am hoping next one will show some of the vulnerability and charm of Ami. She is pretty much how I pictured her to be from reading the novel. Which really makes me excited for the upcoming events. In many ways I perfer her with Ryuji, but definately some good points for Taiga this episode (in terms of shipping for Ryuji i suppose ;p)

Still cant stand Kitamura, the character just doesnt seem genuine. And for some reason.. Minori is drawn really ugly this episode. Maybe its just me thinking this, but at least her character was funny.

Overall, I definately loved this episode... and really high hope for next 2 (since it seems to be all novel inspired).

golthin 2008-10-29 20:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arabesque (Post 2022555)
Spoiler for Scheming Taiga is scheming:

I really liked how Ami turned out to have a gentle face that she shows to everyone and an ''evil'' side which she used to give Taiga that ''killer'' hit:heh:.

I am very curious about what was so interesting about what Taiga saw. I have a theory that

Spoiler:

I also want to say that Yuusaku is not a good childhoodfriend and it seems that he values the friendship with ryuji more than Ami. I know he wants to warn Ryuji about the dangers of ami, but still with friends like Yuusaku, Ami doesn't need enemies.
Spoiler:

JMvS 2008-10-29 20:53

A very enjoyable episode:

Spoiler for spoiler:

Need more Ami-chan!!

Cat Megex 2008-10-29 21:33

...I actually didn't say anything about that because I did indeed draw that same conclusion from the preview, and had assumed you would have as well. >_>

JediNight 2008-10-30 00:35

Ami FAILS! =X

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/7...riscaryhs0.jpg

arkxkra 2008-10-30 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by JediNight (Post 2023090)

i lol at this part, I was wondering what she going to do after stand up... :heh:

JediNight 2008-10-30 02:24

I loved the fake-out of it where she motions "yes" then suddenly switches to "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" mode ;D

PS: Why do people always Spoiler code comments about the episode in it's episode thread? Shouldn't one assume the Ep5 discussion thread has discussion about Ep5 in it? ;p