AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Gundam Models Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23320)

Akyra 2013-10-12 21:30

MG X?! I am suppose to save! Why Bandai? WHY?!

And why Online exclusive for blue frame?! Release that with the giant buster sword and we'll talk.

suiton629 2013-10-12 22:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akyra (Post 4868611)
MG X?! I am suppose to save! Why Bandai? WHY?!

And why Online exclusive for blue frame?! Release that with the giant buster sword and we'll talk.

Well at least the MG X isn't quite expensive. It's less than the usual 5000 Yen price on MGs.

firefox 2013-10-13 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazer-X (Post 4868100)
*Checks Gundam Guy this morning*

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2013/1...l#comment-form

Well, what do you know. Turns out, I was just a couple of days off.

Maybe I should start saying MG Reborns is imminent, so it'll get announced for March. :heh:

Now i'm happy as a super strike lover :)

Does anybody think the gundam franchise is going in overdrive and that this is too fast for fans.
I'm a bit of an allround gundam fan, i like most designs and series, but it's impossible to follow at this moment. I remember 10 years ago i could easily follow every release and even build almost all of them.

Skye629 2013-10-13 03:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4868918)
Now i'm happy as a super strike lover :)

Does anybody think the gundam franchise is going in overdrive and that this is too fast for fans.

I'm a bit of an allround gundam fan, i like most designs and series, but it's impossible for my wallet/paycheck to follow at this moment. I remember 10 years ago i could easily follow every release and even build almost all of them.

Fix'ed

News is always easy to follow for Gunpla, the biggest question lies on if your wallet/paycheck and free time to build can handle it :P

n0m@n 2013-10-13 03:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4868936)
Fix'ed

News is always easy to follow for Gunpla, the biggest question lies on if your wallet/paycheck and free time to build can handle it :P

So true. So many model kits coming out. But I can only choose few of them.... MG X is definitely in. But for others, Im still not sure.

suiton629 2013-10-13 07:05

This is exactly why I choose to stick with MG and RG only (regular and exclusives) for just a few series.

n0m@n 2013-10-13 08:36

Looks like we will have "Build Strike with Wing Gundam's shoulders and wings" model kit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b69hUwjuQts
It appears between 03.53 to 04.08

Providenceangle 2013-10-13 13:28

So yeah. Just got back to looking through the latest gunpla news....

1.)Sazabi ver ka does look better then the prototype. Not thrilled with the proportions on a personal level, but it is very nice. I'll probably pick one up.

2.)MG X.... I never saw it coming but, it's gorgeous. I'm torn with not liking the suit personally, but wanting it, for the sheer greatness that it is.

3.)RG Strike Freedom. I figured I'd be more impressed but alas, I still don't like it that much. It is extremely impressive for 1/144!

You try to save money. You try to do something more productive with your time... *grumble*

Knight-of-Gold 2013-10-13 13:50

Aw yeah just noticed the silver bullet.
I hope to god that bandai release the MK-V after this.
It'll be awesome to have Doven Wolf, Silver Bullet and MK-V all together.

http://www.toy-world.com.hk/forum/at...fb2a110651.jpg

firefox 2013-10-14 05:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4868936)
Fix'ed

News is always easy to follow for Gunpla, the biggest question lies on if your wallet/paycheck and free time to build can handle it :P

NOT FIXED, i've got the money, just not the time. if i were only into gunpla i'd had a backlog of 200 kits sitting here collecting dust. Unfortunately i also like Saint seiya, transformers, macross and Gi joe.

Besides the kits i also collect Robot damashii gundam figures, also an expensive hobby.

suiton629 2013-10-14 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by firefox (Post 4870418)
NOT FIXED, i've got the money, just not the time. if i were only into gunpla i'd had a backlog of 200 kits sitting here collecting dust. Unfortunately i also like Saint seiya, transformers, macross and Gi joe.

Besides the kits i also collect Robot damashii gundam figures, also an expensive hobby.

I think for most of us, time is the biggest factor with modeling. The same can be applied to gaming if you're into that as well. Many of us either have university and or jobs that eat up most of our time throughout the day.

It's why most tend to build up a backlog.

We often convince ourselves that we will build on a certain day and things just come up. That's just a part of life.

Again, that's why in terms of GUNPLA and my other hobby videogames, I force myself to limited buying based on certain criteria so I don't go around buying a ton and minimize backlogging.

Aurelis 2013-10-14 09:25

Even when one does have the free time, I find myself having a "writer's block" or sort, in which, there's just no motivation to actually build the kit. For me, it is large kits. I absolutely dread starting a large kit. I only get the motivation to finish the kit once I completed the head and torso. For a friend of mine, doing the legs starts his motivation.

Nonetheless, when it comes to kits, I actually like the new HG Aile Strike, despite having the RG version. It's simplistic design and anime-ish looks is one of the appeal factor. I just hope the boxart is amazing as well.

I just finished the HGUC Gold Frame Amatsu Mina and I've mixed feelings about the kit.

Spoiler for Simple review:

suiton629 2013-10-14 09:29

You're definitely right.
Motivation to actually build is also one of my weaknesses as I would imagine it is for many others.

When I actually do build, I take my time cutting off parts, sanding parts, and using Gundam Marker and Real Touch Marker when needed... I do this piece by piece and I only build like a section of the kit and then won't come back til I feel like it. So I usually start with the feet, then the head, the hands, the torso, the waist, the accessories, the legs & arms.

Yea. I think most of us get annoyed/not as motivated when it comes to the arms and legs of GunPla since they're often the most time consuming and tedious parts.

Skye629 2013-10-14 17:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aurelis (Post 4870593)
Even when one does have the free time, I find myself having a "writer's block" or sort, in which, there's just no motivation to actually build the kit. For me, it is large kits. I absolutely dread starting a large kit. I only get the motivation to finish the kit once I completed the head and torso. For a friend of mine, doing the legs starts his motivation.

Nonetheless, when it comes to kits, I actually like the new HG Aile Strike, despite having the RG version. It's simplistic design and anime-ish looks is one of the appeal factor. I just hope the boxart is amazing as well.

I just finished the HGUC Gold Frame Amatsu Mina and I've mixed feelings about the kit.

Spoiler for Simple review:

Its undergated for the online exclusive version I believe, which comes in chrome gold



Also to those who have watched BF EP 2:
Spoiler for Possible Spoilers:

Knight-of-Gold 2013-10-14 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skye629 (Post 4871073)
Also to those who have watched BF EP 2:
Spoiler for Possible Spoilers:

Oh yes, I would pre-order ASAP if it had a kit announced.
I would also like a HG Sumo after seeing it in action again after so long.
Turn A needs more kits.

Aurelis 2013-10-14 21:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold (Post 4871166)
Oh yes, I would pre-order ASAP if it had a kit announced.
I would also like a HG Sumo after seeing it in action again after so long.
Turn A needs more kits.


Turn X! Turn X! Turn X!

suiton629 2013-10-14 21:01

If the MG Exia R2 sells well, do you think we'll see like the Repair 3 come out (online exclusive) and maybe even the 0 Gundam Type ACD, 0 Gundam Roll Out, Astraea, and Astraea Type F? Or maybe even the infamous Setsuna's Flag since Bandai showed a prototype or a custom of it in HG but never released it.

Infinite Zenith 2013-10-14 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4871249)
If the MG Exia R2 sells well, do you think we'll see like the Repair 3 come out (online exclusive) and maybe even the 0 Gundam Type ACD, 0 Gundam Roll Out, Astraea, and Astraea Type F? Or maybe even the infamous Setsuna's Flag since Bandai showed a prototype or a custom of it in HG but never released it.

The MG Exia R2 would sell more if it weren't restricted to being an online exclusive. I hope they revise that part ;)

suiton629 2013-10-14 22:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn (Post 4871340)
The MG Exia R2 would sell more if it weren't restricted to being an online exclusive. I hope they revise that part ;)

I dunno if they would. What I'm super happy we're getting this as I'm sure everyone in the universe knows, but I'm a bit confused why it's online exclusive when like 80% of the kit looks to be the same mold as the MG Exia with changes to shoulder armor, thigh armor, forearm armor, and the GN Sword green blade.

Skye629 2013-10-15 00:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by suiton629 (Post 4871345)
I dunno if they would. What I'm super happy we're getting this as I'm sure everyone in the universe knows, but I'm a bit confused why it's online exclusive when like 80% of the kit looks to be the same mold as the MG Exia with changes to shoulder armor, thigh armor, forearm armor, and the GN Sword green blade.

The point of an online exclusive is to sell nearly the same kit while cutting costs on producing new parts (sometimes cutting out new parts altogether for a alternative color scheme)

R2 fits the bill for an online exclusive exactly

R3 would probably never see the light of day as its a not well know MSV which did not even get a cut in the show. 0 Gundam and Astraea stands a much higher chance (and an Astraea will easily lead to a color swapped F)

Hint: Think Tallgeese 2 and Crossbone exclusives

Think about it


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:48.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.