AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Seiyuu (voice actor) Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=9959)

<xellos> 2004-03-22 21:21

Seiyuu (voice actor) Discussion

my 2 favourite women seiyuu would have to be Chiba Saeko - Azumaria, Chrno Crusade, and Tanaka Rie - Chii, Chobits, i think they have the cutest voices (at least for tha characters ive seen them play)

i was just wondering others peoples favourite voice actors

if there is a thread about this already just let me know, cause i did a search and didnt find it, it might have another name though

Yamano667 2004-03-22 21:42

umm.. to heart Kawasumi Ayako =Kamigishi Akari
Ah my goddess = Inoue Kikuko =BELLDANDY

Slade xTekno 2004-03-22 21:45

I'm not otakuish to the point I know their names, but...
Yomiko Readman [ROD OVA and ROD TV]
Michelle Chan [ROD TV]
Kaname Chidori [FMPs]
Will post again if I can think of more...

<xellos> 2004-03-22 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slade xTekno
I'm not otakuish to the point I know their names

just go to www.animenfo.com and search for the anime, then it shows the name of the voice actor next to the character name

kj1980 2004-03-22 22:01

Quote:

I'm not otakuish to the point I know their names, but...
Yomiko Readman [ROD OVA and ROD TV]
Michelle Chan [ROD TV]
Kaname Chidori [FMPs]
Will post again if I can think of more...

Yomiko - Miura Rieko, former member of CoCo
Michelle - Kikuchi Shouko
Kaname Chidori - Yukino Satsuki (which means you must also like Sumiregawa Nenene in "R.O.D," Higurashi Kagome from "Inuyasha," and Tanabe Ai from "Planetes)

as for my favorites:
Tamura Yukari (Ranpha in "Galaxy Angel," Kanami "S-cry-ed," Yoshino Sakura "D.C.~da capo~")
Horie Yui (Multi "To Heart," Tsukimiya Ayu "Kanon," Narusegawa Naru "Love Hina," Honda Tooru "Fruits Basket," Shirakawa Kotori "D.C.~da capo~" Sakuya "Sister Princess")
Shimizu Ai (Minawa "Maharomatic," Onodera Karen "Onegai Twins," Sanada Momen "Raimuiro Senkitan")
Inoue Kikuko (Belldandy "Aa! Megami-sama," Tendou Kasumi "Ranma 1/2," Kazami Mizuho "Onegai Teacher" Sanzenin Yayoi "HAPPY LESSON")

and much more like:
Koyama Kimiko, Kanai Mika, Koorogi Satomi, Orikasa Ai, Nabatame Hitomi, Ikezawa Haruna, Kakazu Yumi, Kawamura Maria, Kawakami Tomoko, Mizuki Nana, Ueda Kana, Noto Mamiko, Hayashibara Megumi, Mitsuishi Kotono, etc. etc.

Lina Inverse 2004-03-22 22:23

Do you still have to ask? Hayashibara Megumi ( 林原めぐみ ) rules them all! :D

Slade xTekno 2004-03-22 22:26

Cool. Thanks kj1980.
The seiyuu for Chidori does Nenene? Didn't know that, but cool never-the-less.
Now that I think about it, they do sound alike.

Kyuven 2004-03-23 01:05

Hitomi Nabatame: Yuna (Maburaho) just the way she says "nee?"
Hayashibara Megumi: Lime (Saber Marionette) Lina (Slayers) female Ranma (Ranma 1/2) Rei Ayanami (Evangelion) Tira Misu (Sorcerer Hunters) Haruka (Love Hina) Megumi (Tenshi na Konamaiki) Pai (3x3 Eyes) Momiji (Blue Seed) Nuku Nuku (All Purpose Cultural Cat Girl Nuku Nuku) Anna (Shaman King) Kentaro (Maison Ikkoku)...and maaaaaaaaaaaaany more
Nogami Yokana: Teletha "Tessa" Testerossa (Full Metal Panic)
Inoue Kikkuko: see above...i'm not typing all those names -_-

Za Paper 2004-03-23 01:22

Yui Horie and Miura Rieko are some of my favorites at present. I just love their voices.

Slade xTekno 2004-03-23 01:22

Also, whoever did Arcueid Brunestud of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Very cool/cute.

kj1980 2004-03-23 01:36

Quote:

Also, whoever did Arcueid Brunestud of Shingetsutan Tsukihime. Very cool/cute.

Nabatame Hitomi. She was a former stage actress-turned voice actress who first "major" debuted as Arcueid in "Shingetsutan Tsukihime." She also plays the role of Yuna in "Maburaho" and Torii Eriko (Rosa Foetida) in "Maria-sama ga Miteru."

Slade xTekno 2004-03-23 02:35

kj1980: Thanks [again]! You are the most knowledgable person I know when it comes to anime.
BTW, have you read the thread in my sig yet? Worth reading.

Wolfsbane68 2004-03-23 04:06

My two absolute favorites
Seki Toshihiko: Genjou Sanzo (Saiyuki), Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing), Raww Le Klueze (Gundam Seed), Yorimaru (Ninja Scroll), Benitora (Samurai Deeper Kyo) ....
Ogata Megumi: Sanada Yukimura (Samurai Deeper Kyo), Clayman (GetBackers)....

Melazoma 2004-03-30 01:59

This needs more discussion and bumping....^^

For the Kanji-friendly/oriented people,^^ here's my favorite Seiyuus^^

関智一: Seki Tomokazu
G-Gundam: Domon Kashu
Gundam Seed: Izak Juell
Among many, many incredibly 熱血 lines and characters ;_;
His voice can be heard in the new TV Anime Broadcast
絢爛舞踏祭 ザ・マーズ・デイブレイク
KenRanBuTouSai: the Mars DayBreak
as the voice of グラム/Gram

田中 理恵: Tanaka Rie
Besides the Chobits credit, she is also the voice of
Lacus Clyne of Gundam Seed
She can be heard in the new TV Anime Broadcast
爆裂天使 Bakuretsu Tenshi
as the voice of Sei
on anther note: She is gorgeous in person! Her official site is:
http://rie.bird.to/

There are many more but these are my top ones so far^^

Also, the voice of Sanada Yukimura--緒方恵美 Ogata Megumi has also done extensive work in "Teen-Age Boys" voice, most notably as Ikari Shinji of Evangelion fame, Kuruma of Yuyu Hakusho, even Yugi in--the original, not U.S. butchered--Yu-Gi-Oh! among her immense reportoire. She is truly a prolific and one of my favorite Seiyuu^^

dkellis 2004-03-30 04:12

First exposure to Seki Tomokazu for me was in Card Captor Sakura (Kinomoto Touya). Second-most recent exposure was in Full Metal Panic (Sagara Sousuke). Most recent exposure was in Pretty Cure (Mepple).

Yeah, I'm slightly amused at the sudden change in roles.

Iwao Junko has an interesting voice, in the few roles I remember her in. Kind of quiet and cute.

Melazoma 2004-03-30 04:25

Argh! I totally forgot why I went back on my focus to Seki-sama in the first place^^ It is indeed the Full Metal Panic role.

LK_LoA 2004-03-30 04:42

SAITOU, Chiwa (F, 23yo, 12th March bday)

Roles:
Kokoro (Kokoro Toshokan)
Ayame (Wandaba Style)
Lavi Hedd (Last Exile)
Anita King (ROD TV)

How's that for versatility? ^^

Secca 2004-03-30 05:36

I like their voice! ^^

Hayashibara Megumi (Slayers: Lina Inverse - Ranma 1/2: Ranma - Cowboy Bebop: Faye Valentine)

Hisakawa Aya (Junikoki: Nakajima Youko - Card Captor Sakura: Kero-chan - Fruit Basket: Yuki Soma)

Horie Yui (Fruit Basket: Honda Toru - Photon: Aun Freya - Ultra Maniac: Tateishi Ayu)

Mitsushi Kotono (Sailor Moon: Usagi Tsukino - Noir: Mireille Bouquet - Oruchuban Ebichu: Ebichu)

j1m0ne 2004-03-30 06:35

Takehito Koyasu(a million different things) and Megumi Toyoguchi(winry in FMA,sei in marimite) at the moment, cos I just love the way they say Iyaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!. yes, I know it's stupid. Also Seki Tomokazu and Kotono Mitsuishi(the almighty Excel) are incredibly talented.

nubby 2004-03-30 08:00

My favorite seiyuu is Miyamura Yuko (NG Evangelion - Asuka Langley, Ajimu - Takemoto) and my second favorite is Nabatame Hitomi (Maburaho - Yuna, Tsukihime - Arcueid). In other words, I like the ones who are not overly used with the exception of Hayashibara Megumi (NG Evangelion - Rei). My least favorite is Horie Yui (Love Hina - Narusegawa Naru), I can't stand her! I can't, for the life of me, figure out why they can't or won't use new talents in most of the animes. Is it for marketing reasons? The cast of Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien did a pretty good job even though they were new to anime voice acting.(I know they do a lot of ero voice acting but that doesn't count)

I don't know about you guys but whenver I hear someone overly used such as Horie Yui, I automatically think of Lova Hina which totally takes me out of whatever anime I was watching at the time.